- Over 8 years of experience and expertise in the IT industry of testing, Analysis, Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Automated Testing, Automation Frameworks, testing Client/Server, API and Web applications
- Proficient in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Designs and Test Cases for both Manual and Automation testing.
- Proficient in performing design, development and execution of integration test plans using Automatic tests, manual tests, Black - Box (requirements driven), White-Box (logic driven) and Regression testing.
- Expertise in requirement review meetings, analyzing requirements, User Stories (Agile), Developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect management, Reporting and tracking.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle using different methods include Agile/Scrum and Waterfall.
- Hands on experience in working with HP tools Unified Functional Testing (UFT), QuickTest Professional (QTP), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Quality Center (QC).
- Expertise in Selenium Remote Control (RC) and WebDriver, HP Quick Test Pro and Load Runner.
- Developed Data Driven Framework for Selenium Remote Control (RC) and WebDriver using Java.
- Good Knowledge in Java Programming and Data Structure.
- Experience in testing Web Services and REST API using SoapUI tool.
- Extensive experience in Unit testing, User Acceptance, Functional, Module, Black Box, Integration, Regression, System, Database, End to End, Shake-Out and Smoke testing.
- Experience in scripting languages for Automation such as VBScript, Java Script, and Shell Scripts (UNIX).
- Experience in testing applications developed in C, C++, C#, Java, Ruby, VB.Net, ASP, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Excellent in writing the SQL queries. Experience in Back-end testing experience; involved writing complex SQL queries in Oracle and SQL Server
- Web Service / API Automation testing experience using QTP (QuickTest Professional).
- Experience in building Automation Frameworks in UFT / QTP and Selenium.
- Performed Web Debugging techniques for creating Selenium WebDriver scripts - XPath, Firebug, FireFinder, Firepath and CSS Selector.
- Performed Automated testing using Linear Scripting, Structured Scripting, Data-Driven testing, BPT (Business Process Testing) and Hybrid Frameworks.
- Extensive experience in VBScript and Descriptive Programming used in UFT / QTP.
- Good exposure in using of QTP / UFT Integrated environment (Check points, Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Function/Sub procedures, Recovery Scenarios and Object Repository etc.).
- Developed Automation scripts and integrated with Master/Driver Scripts using (UFT) / (QTP).
- Have knowledge on Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Maven.
- Expert on Unit Test frameworks TestNG, JUnit.
- Experience in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Hands on experience in Defect Track, review, analysis and comparison using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) / Quality Center (QC).
- Extensively worked on Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid test Automation Frameworks.
- Good Team Player and have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Good experience in leading and handling offshore teams, exposure in offshore-onshore team model.
Testing Tools: Selenium, HP Quick Test Pro 11.0 and Load Runner
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005
Web Debugging: XPath, Firebug, FireFinder, Firepath, CSSSelector and DOM
Test/Project Management Tools: HP Quality Center/Test Director and Rally
Test Framework: TestNG and JUnit
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, Java Script, VB Script, Shell Script, C, C++, C#, XML, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2005/2000/ XP, Linux
Version control Tools: CVS, SVN and Clear case
Senior Automation QA Analyst
- Reviewed/Analyzed Functional Requirement Specifications, System Requirements and Technical Specifications
- Conducted Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression, and System testing of the application
- Developing and Building Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE, TestNG testing framework and Java language in Windows platform
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver
- Used Web Debugging techniques for creating Selenium WebDriver scripts - XPath, Firebug, FireFinder, Firepath and CSS
- Automated Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver by adding Selenium API in Eclipse IDE
- Performed Data-driven testing using Selenium WebDriver by adding JXL and Apache POI JAR files in Eclipse IDE
- Performed Data-driver testing using DataProvider annotation (TestNG framework) that allows a test method to be executed with multiple sets of data
- Enhanced tests by inserting Annotations, Assertions and different wait methods like Thread.Sleep(), implictlyWait() and WebdriverWait
- Worked with Alert Interface for handling Web-based Alerts
- Worked with Actions Class that builds a Composite Action containing all the actions specified by the method calls
- Performed Web-testing using Firefox Profiling technique in Selenium WebDriver for investigating the page source of browser during run-time
- Generation of HTML reports using TestNG in Eclipse IDE
- Automated Functional, Regression and Smoke test using Quick Test Pro
- Designed Test Suite to execute all automated test cases using AOM (Automation Object Model) by creating QuickTest, File System and Text Stream objects
- Performed Web Testing using HTML DOM (Document Object Model) and XPath
- Web service testing application using SoapUI tool
- Creation of Automation Object in Excel Application class to perform Data Driven testing
- Enhanced the test script by using Static and Dynamic Descriptive Programming
- Enhanced tests by Inserting checkpoints, Output values, Synchronization points and Parameterization
- Demo the User Stories to Customers after every Sprint to get the User Stories accepted by the Product Owner
- Extensively executed SQL queries on Oracle in order to view successful transactions of data and for Validating Data
- Extensively used Quality center modules such as Management, Requirement, Test Plan, Defect, Test Execution and Dashboard
- Involved in creating various types of test reports such as Test Execution Status, Test Summary, Defect Summary/Progress reports etc.,
- Used Quality Center for error reporting and communicating between the teams, product support and test team members
- Interacted with the Business Analyst/System Analyst to understand the workflow of various functionalities
- Worked closely with other project team and users to jointly test and deliver progressively higher quality product with each release
- Developed User-Acceptance Test scripts and assisted users in conducting UAT
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Ranorex, Eclipse IDE, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, PL/SQL, Putty, Filezilla, SVN, Java/J2EE, Oracle 10g, Oracle APEX
Senior Automation QA Analyst
- Review Business requirements and manual test scripts with Business SMEs, Created QTP (QuickTest Professional) scripts based off these requirements.
- As a QTP (QuickTest Professional) Script developer automated brand new, more dynamic web applications in EQUATOR project.
- Used AcroQTP Add-in of QTP (QuickTest Professional) to recognize Adobe PDF objects in the application.
- Automated IBM Rational Clear Quest application using QTP (QuickTest Professional) for manual testers.
- Created QTP (QuickTest Professional) Scripts to send Microsoft Outlook emails automatically within the office based on the business team special request.
- Created a Data Driven Frame Work for the automation test cases in combination with Descriptive Programming and reusable custom Function Libraries (QFLs).
- Automated the complex excel file manual test cases/processes that were redundant and time consuming for QA.
- Assisted in writing efficient and effective solutions specification document to design scripts in to Keyword and Data Driven frame works.
- Development and maintenance of automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Ran tests using Selenium Grid to test for Cross Platform/Cross Browser performance on multiple machines.
- Performed positive and negative scenario testing using data driven tests.
- Prepared test matrix based on functionality using Microsoft Excel for input data.
- Working on QTP, Selenium RC and WebDriver Automation tools with Keyword driven and Data driven frameworks.
- Used CheckPoints to compare the current behavior of the application being tested.
- Used Descriptive Programming where the application was so dynamic and used Regular Expressions in order to navigate through the pages of the application which contains similar name with minimal changes.
- Created user defined Function/Sub procedures for maintainability and reusability of scripts using VBScript.
- Created Shared Object Repositories in QTP (QuickTest Professional) to simplify script calls.
- Parameterization and Data Table creation for the parameters in QTP (QuickTest Professional).
- Maintained execution of Shakeout and Regression scripts request received from business teams in SharePoint site and providing the Evidence Result Report to Business Managers, Technology Managers.
- Provide management with status, progress schedules and impact analysis to meet commitments.
- Maintain requirements, test cases, test data, test results and bugs in QC (Quality Center).
Environment: QTP (QuickTest Professional) 10.00, QC (Quality Center) 10.00, VBScript, Selenium RC and WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Java, Sub Version Control (SVN), IBM Rational Clear Quest, SQL Server.
QTP/Selenium Automation QA Analyst
- Created Test plans and Test cases based on business requirements of the application.
- Performed positive, negative, regression, and stress tests on various business functionalities.
- Developed test scenarios for Integration, Performance, and Regression.
- Handled the application response for positive and negative sets of data with data driven testing using QTP.
- Executed Test cases and participated actively in System Testing and Regression and load testing of the application.
- Incorporated the concept of checkpoints to verify that the expected information is displayed in the application by implementing various checkpoints such as Standard checkpoints, Image Checkpoints, Table checkpoints, and Text checkpoints using Quick Test Professional.
- Created data driven tests using Quick Test Professional by adding statements to already existing scripts so that test scripts could be run with multiple sets of data.
- Used Quality Center for defect reporting and tracking, and generated documents and reports for further analysis
- Executed Automated Test scenarios for GUI, Functionality, Security, and Regression Testing using Quick Test Pro, selenium and load Runner.
- Involved in back - end testing of the database by writing SQL.
- Using Load runner analyzed the response times of the business transactions under different loads.
- Designed Load runner scenarios using Load runner to perform Stress Test.
- Developed various reports to communicate testing issues with the project manager.
Environment: .Net, SQL Server 2005, Team foundation server, Usability testing, Quick Test Pro 10, Load Runner 9.5, Selenium, Quality Center 9.5, IBM Rational clear quest, SharePoint, Selenium, RTOS, Agile Methodology, Lisa, load runner web services, Toad, Iterative model.
Automation QA Analyst
- Analyzed the Business Requirements document and the system requirement document to come up with a detailed Test Plan.
- Collected and documented test data for functional testing as documented in test plan.
- Performed manual and Selenium testing of a web based application.
- Automated and executed regression test suites in Firefox browser via Selenium IDE.
- Performed Automated System/ Regression testing using Selenium for the Policy and Claims applications.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Functionality and Regression testing using QTP (QuickTest Professional).
- Developed VBScript for different modules.
- Developed Data Driven Automation Framework and separated test scripts and test cases to achieve the maximum reusability in the Automated Scripts.
- Deployment of SOA services to Oracle Application server and testing the services
- Analyzed defects status using QC (Quality Center) and interacted with developers to fix defects/bugs of the application.
- Attended project meetings and weekly team meeting to discuss the project milestones.
Environment: : Selenium IDE, JUnit, QTP (QuickTest Professional) 10.00, QC (Quality Center) 10.00, Java, Mainframes, C, XML, SOA, Web sphere, VBScript , Oracle, SQL, Crystal Reports, Shell Script
- Experience in installations for SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio in different systems.
- Creating technical and test specifications and good understanding of function specifications.
- Experience at creating Store procedures, view, functions and indexes according to the requirements
- Used Index tuning wizard to redesign and created the indexes for better performance
- Fine-tuned Stored Procedures using Execution Plan in T-SQL for better performance.
- Experienced in running initial load, Error load, historical load in various instances and ensure delta load is up and running.
- Maintaining Error load for SSIS and fixing the errors in the log.
- Database Set up and Maintenance for reporting solution.
- Maintained Reporting Solution Portal, Report Models and Full Text Search.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created and Maintained redefined and Canned Reports.
- Tested - Functionality, Performance and Automated Scripts for the reports.
- Written detailed description of user needs and document steps required to develop or modify computer applications.
- Providing knowledge Transfer to Offshore Team.
- Providing 24/7 Production support to the project
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Source Safe, SQL Developer, PVCS, Track Record, Team Foundation Server, Remedy and Clarify