- Expert in Manual/Automation/Web Testing Mobile Testing Experience 9 - Year Record of Proven Results
- Over 9+ years of experience in Quality Assurance/Software Testing in various Client/Server and Web Applications with extensive experience in Manual, Mobile (IOS and Androids) and Automation Testing of web and batch applications with strong business knowledge in Banking & Financial Services and Telecom domains
- Strong experience in testing Client/Server, Web based Database and Banking Applications.
- Strong experience in Retail and Commercial banking with all types of accounts - checking, savings, credit & debit cards and also payments systems
- Well versed with Functional, Integration, Validation, Regression, User Acceptance (UI/UX) and Data Integrity.
- Expertise in designing and analysis of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test scenarios/scripts and risk based testing using industry standards for software/business application testing.
- Tested and coordinated mobile applications in Native, Web and Hybrid environments and validated the mobile application functionality on physical smart phone hardware devices and virtual device emulators like perfecto mobile and Simulators like: Android SDK, iOS SDK etc.
- Experience with Mobile Compatibility testing and Mobile application testing - iPhone, Android, iPad/ Tablets, Windows phones.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and active participant of SCRUM meetings
- Strong experience working with various mobile devices such as Androids, IPads, IPhones, tablets to perform browser compatibility and configuration testing.
- Experience in testing Web Services applications using SOAP Client and by using WSDL as well.
- Ability to work with minimal direction - taking concept to analysis and potentially leading QA through development, debugging, testing, defect documentation, regression and conclusion.
- Expertise in experience in Database validation with SQL and Good experience in content management validation.
- Experience in AWS Cloud testing and knowledge in IOT
- Strong exposure in Security Risks/Compliance tool - Nice Actimize (Internal payments and ACH Fraud)
Operating System: Windows, IOS and RIM
Domains: Banking & Financial services and Telecom.
Test Environments/Automation Tools: HPQC, HP ALM, Perfecto, TFS, Selenium WebDriver 2.49.0, QTP, SOAPUI, REST client and performace center
Testing model used: Agile ( Rally and Jira) tool, Waterfall Models
Web tools/Plugins: Omnibug, httpwatch, Bugzilla, SOAP UI, Web analytics, Fiddler
Web Technologies: HTML, XML and VB script
Database: SQL Server 2008, MS Access.
Mobile Device Testing Tools: Perfecto
Ticketing tool: BMC Remedy, Service now
Testing techniques/ technologies: API Testing, Batch job, Card processing, Account opening, Deposit systems, Mainframe job testing, IVR & System testing
Mobile Crash Monitor Tool: Crittercism
Software Quality Assurance Lead, Raleigh, NC
- Provided software QA test Extensive support to Manual (Web) and Mobile device software component factories.
- Introduced software QA testing practices to mobile device software component factories
- Worked closely with UI specialists to improve testability of requirements specifications.
- Formed efficient, competent team of 8 test engineers integrated into all aspects of software lifecycle, resulting in significant improvement in quality of software deliverables.
- Promoted software testing concepts and practices to program management.
- Implemented test metrics to communicate status of testing and error correction.
- Testing support for the Production Environment
- Responsible for Test design, Test execution, Test case estimation, Test plan followed by Test Summary report and Maintaining all sign offs from the client and the stake holders
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Lead communication and coordination with the India QA Team and provide status on a regular basis
Senior QA Tester
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements, developing the Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Involved in performing GAP Analysis to verify that test cases matches to the user requirements and reported Defects in HP Quality Center
- Performed client acceptance testing, functional testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, stress testing and load testing.
- Derived and developed Requirements, Functional, Regression Test Cases from Use Cases and Test Scenarios
- Executed system functional / integration test cases, communicating results to the software development.
- Written SQL statements manually to validate data from Database and also to extract test data from the database repository
- Involved in interface testing for different Modules using Web Services. Validated the output against the UI and client accounts against the database.
- Mentor junior QA team members and/or the offshore QA team
Quality Analyst Tester
- Performed system, unit, performance, load, regression, stress and data interface testing. Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes.
- Participated in provisioning end to end test like Activate Lines, Deactivate Lines, Change lines, Change rate plans, Hot line suspend/Activation and many other scenarios of testing.
- Used extensively NPS (Network Provisioning System) for provisioning functionality
- Created company’s first comprehensive database of documented test defects and procedures to enable accurate replication and ensure compliance with standards. Accelerated average QA testing turn-around time by 25% or more, allowing company to accept more testing projects without increasing staff.
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.