- Over 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web Based and Client/Server applications in Manual Testing as well as Automation testing using Java with Selenium in real time Banking, Ecommerce, Health Care, Inventory management,
- Sound Knowledge in QA Testing Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall, V - Model etc. hands on Experience in Insurance, Banking, Ecommerce, and Telecom Industries. Domain knowledge in Mobile, Health Care, Inventory management, Sales and Distributions with ERP solutions.
- Extensive experience in Requirements gathering, Functional and Technical Specifications, Business Analysis, QA, documentation, Test plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Integration, Regression and performance testing.
- Experience of working extensively in Agile Testing Environment (Agile /scrum model) and good expertise in attending Scrum calls, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, and Selenium Grid), Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, Test NG, AWS and Eclipse
- Implemented Keyword, Data Driven framework, Hybrid framework, and advanced Framework Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Extensive experience in developing Selenium, Java Automation Frameworks (BDD/TDD, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, and Hybrid)
- Experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools(CI/CD) Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages like Java which covers concepts like Classes, Objects, Methods, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Interfaces, Exception Handling etc.,
- Experience with industry standard test automation tools development of scripted modules, reusable libraries, parameterization and usage of data input files
- Experience in working with Behavioral Driven development (BDD) by writing gherkins language in cucumber.
- Worked on Web Services SOAP and REST Testing using SOAP UI /Ready API
- Possess expert level of understanding of WSDL, XSD, Schema, DTD, XML documents for Web Services Testing.
- Using SOAP UI Tool performed cross-platform Functional Testing involving XML messages, constructing different field values, data and validating HTTP Request and HTTP Response.
- Validated the data from the source systems and different databases, by sending the requests Using Soap UI, Ready API and Rest web services then captured the response from them
- Strong knowledge on Version Control Tools like CVS, SVN and GitHub.
- Used Git and Git hub tools for maintaining the version controlling. Also integrated with Jenkins to run the latest version of code in the background.
- Local repository and central repository maintained using Push, Pull, and Clone commands maintained the code files.
- Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application
- Experience with Test NG Framework and JUnit Framework.
- Developed automation testing scripts for Mobile using Appium.
- Expertise and conduct functional testing, black box testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like FirePathand Firebug for finding elements
- Experience in configuring framework by processing excel spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Experience on Build Management tools like Maven.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new and challenging scenarios
- Exceptional ability to quickly learn new concepts, Attention to detail, self-motivating and enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced environment with new technologies as an individual and/or as a team member.
Automation Tools: Selenium 2.0, Selenium IDE, Web driver,, HP Quality Center/ALM, SOAP UI, QTP
Test Management: Quality Center, MS Office, Jira, Rally
Eclipse, Selenium, Visual studio 10: 12
Language/Script: Java, C, PL/SQL, XML, HTML/CSS
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI, Rest Assured
Processes: Software Testing Life Cycle, Defect Life Cycle, Testing Methodologies, Black Box Testing Techniques, White Box Testing Techniques, Agile Process
Reports: XSLT Testing reports
Build/CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, chef, puppet, Hudson
Frameworks: BDD Frame Work, Junit, TestNG, TDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, Modular Framework,.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX and Linux
Test Automation Engineer (SDET)
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging. SADF
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub through cmd.
- Involved in developing BDD Frame work from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Expertise in mobile automation using Appium, selenium, java in both Android and IOS.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Executed test cases in real device for both mobile app and mobile website.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Worked with AWS cloud machines to setup selenium GRID and also Jenkins server on HUB machine.
- Used cucumber to automate services using Rest API.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used the Rest Assured java library to automate Restful Web services.
- Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
Sr. QA Analyst-Automation
- Responsible for automation master test plans, environment configurations, application installations and testing schedules. Create, execute & Automation lead for a team providing testing services for Windows applications, Web applications
- Designed automation framework depending on project and application complexity requirements. Maintained and improve the automation framework used by the automation team.
- Developed a Hybrid Automation Frameworks using Selenium, implemented Page Object model(POM) using Selenium Page factory.
- Responsible for establishing consistent testing practices using standard tools across multiple projects while adhering to quality processes.
- Lead process improvement activities to identify and resolve issues. Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for Automation tests
- Performed automated tests using Selenium Webdriver using Junit framework.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used automated scripts to perform Functionality Testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Experience in testing web services using SOAP/REST.
- Developed test scenarios and test cases for Integration and System testing each release.
- Created Test Cases, Test Case Inventory, Traceability matrix based on mapping document and requirement.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process by using WebDriver.
- Involved in Cross browser testing and Back-end Testing using the database comparable results.
- Worked on Execution Tracker, Test Design Tracker & Defect Metrics.
- Performed complex data validation using SQL queries.
- Developed Test Cases for testing the mapping designs before going to the production
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Used complex SQL Queries for Backend Testing of the application.
- Perform Defect Tracking and reporting with strong emphasis on root-cause analysis to determine where and why defects are being introduced in the development process.
- Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised.
- Review the test cases written based on the Change Request document.
Environment: MS SQL 2008/2005, HTML, Java, XML, XSD, SOAP UI, Selenium Web Driver, Log4j, ApcahePOI,GIT,GITHub,Grid, Maven,Rally and Jenkins.
- Used the Agile methodology to build the different phases of Software development life cycle.
- Developed Web Client Test Cases based on Business Rules.
- Performed functional, negative, positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Tested cloud-based mobile applications across multiple platforms touching the full stack across the web.
- Conducted updating and data configurations for multiple apps released weekly.
- Collaborated with all teams within the agile environment.
- Participated in a design and architecture of a framework to target the testing of web applications.
- Identified issues before they became problems and collaborated to fix them.
- Tested release candidates updates and third-party app updates for apps on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Used different types of virtual devices(Emulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation
- Hybrid framework with Android Driver was developed and generic keywords were implemented.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Performed Unit testing & Integration testing of the scripts developed.
- Execution of test scripts using Selenium Web Driver using TestNG.
- Performed Unit testing & Integration testing of the scripts developed by Python.
- Worked with developers and the testers to verify test cases.
- Well versed with Quick Test professional (QTP) to support test automation using potential features like Data Driven Tests, Check points, regular expressions and functions.
- Created and executed multi-action scripts based on test script/scenario flows
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Involved in Task Estimation, Prioritization, Creation and Communication to Onsite & Offshore teams.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium to evaluate Security of Web based user authentication apps.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center& reported the same in status meetings
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders.
- Coordinated user Acceptance testing with final users & prepared end user documentation for the new system.
Environment: JAVA, HTML, XML, JSP, Oracle, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, SOAPUI, JIRA.
SDET - QA
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Created various documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Schedules document, Defect Management Workflow Diagram, Test Case, Test Script, and User Manual Document.
- Served as a liaison between business, application team and technical team
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing from business requirements to match the project’s initiatives.
- Used Keyword driven, Page Object Model, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Performed ETL testing and precise documentation.
- Performed testing of schemas in different environments like staging and ODS.
- Helped Automation engineers in writing the code and solved technical issues
- Experience in parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) project methodology.
- Perform Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE
- Test the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI.
- Served as functional SME for DB2 migration project providing recommendations for improvement and technical expertise alongside project life cycle resulting in the delivery of projects on time.
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as taking a Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, by with different Locators (Xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Automated mobile application by using emulators and simulators using Api
- Knowledge on the Android application development
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in Rally.
- Supported production install and served for project issues in the capacity of a Lead Analyst.
- Involved in Unit Testing the code and provided the feedback to the developers.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Java/J2EE, Junit, Fiddler, Selenium WebDriver, DB2, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel, JQuery.
- Planned and Executed the Test Plan for Wells Fargo Fulfillment Feedback project. Reviewed Functional requirement and Use Cases documented in Requisite Pro.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on functional documents and User Stories.
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in the Quality Center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the Test Logs, Test Reports, Test Issues, Defect Tracking using Quality Center.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on Performance Testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components -- legacy mainframe, Web and upgrade.
- Conducted Test Case Reviews and presented the Test Cases/Test Scenarios to the team members for all iterations.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Inserted checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Professional (QTP) Customized the QTP test as per the test Case by using the VB-Script.
- Played important role in defining automation framework architecture in Selenium WD for the purpose of migrating current automation from QTP to Selenium WD
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Documented the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to relevant developer.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Selenium, HTML, CSS, web Servers, IBM Web Sphere.