- Around 7+ years of experience in Software development and testing which includes Automation and Manual testing using Selenium and QTP .
- Experience as Technologist in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ), Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases.
- Proficient in different phases of testing like Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Front End Testing, System Testing, API Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on windows systems.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Expertise in Web Application Automation using Selenium automation tool, good knowledge in java Object Oriented Concepts for creating functional scripts integrated with Data - Driven framework using TestNG scripting framework.
- Have strong skills in Manual testing and back-end testing using SQL Queries.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG while agile releases.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver/IDE/Grid, Cucumber , SoapUI and JMeter to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Good understand with Web-services and expert in writing test cases and executing Web services using both SOAP and REST protocol on SOAP UI.
- Worked as an Automation Tester, responsible for development and maintenance of Automation Frameworks, tools and solutions. Managed and coordinated onsite/offshore functional test efforts and automated functional testing.
- Collaborated for designing Automation Framework and worked with Data Driven, Page Object Model approach and Hybrid.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints to check for Broken Links, Text, Table, XML and Images.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors.
- Experienced in Testing various web based and client server applications across various domains like Banking, Credit Reporting, Supply Chain, Education and Finance in Automation and Manual testing.
- Good Analytical and Communication Skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team. Ability to work under competing deadlines.
QA/Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, TestNG, JUnit, HP ALM Quality center, SoapUI
Test Management & Defect tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, IOS, Android
Database(DBMS): SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Browsers: Chrome, MS Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox
Scripting Languages: VBScript, Java Script
Utilities: Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, GIT, GitHub, SVN
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Linux
Frameworks: unit, TestNG
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Selenium QA Tester
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and analyzed use cases, functional requirements to create detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium. Also, responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run the parallel testing.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse IDE.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Experienced in Apache POIJar for reading Excel file using Java IO operations.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Documented all defects found in Jira defect tracking system.
- Monitored the jobs which could be GIT checkout using Jenkins.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running
- Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on browsers.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end-to-end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Involved in writing the Acceptance Criteria and Test Cases for the Stories assigned to in Quality Center.
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Supported the UAT team during their testing.
- Participated in Peer reviews of automated test cases and Test Plan for the team member.
- Created Post Implementation Review reports for successfully completed projects.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Selenium GRID, Appium, Perfecto Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, XPath, Eclipse IDE, Agile, JIRA, QC, XML, Python, HTML, CSS, agile, Oracle 11g, Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Selenium QA Tester
- Analyzing the pre-converted data and post conversion data to make sure the business rules are as per the Functional Specification.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a Test-Driven Development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing on the front end of the development cycle.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test scripts, Navigational scripts, RTM.
- Review of Test cases, Scenarios and traceability matrix and walkthrough of the scenarios/ cases to business when needed.
- Preparation of run schedule, test data (includes identification of data needed for staging, reserving the data available across vendors using TDM tool).
- Developing Automation test scripts related to manual test cases and created test cases using element locators, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid and RC methods.
- Used AWSDevice Farmto test service that lets you test and interact with your Android, iOS, and web apps on many devices at once, or reproduce issues on a device in real time.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java Programming features, Junit and TestNG Annotations.
- Used Python and Selenium Web Drivers to automated web applications.
- Executed cross-browser and parallel testing using TestNG.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to author Maven scripts for project build/test/deployment and specifies which files needed to be executed.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework, involved in running automated ruby scripts on a Linux machine
- Implemented AWS Device Farm to accelerates the development process by executing tests on multiple devices, giving developers, QA and support professionals the ability to perform automated tests and manual tasks like reproducing customer issues, exploratory testing of new functionality, and executing manual test plans.
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services API.
- Collected details about actions that take place as you interact with the device using Device Farm.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Jenkins as Continuous integration for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Conducted Data driven testing, cross browser testing by giving the Automation test conversion Estimations
- Involved in Automation Environment set up using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver jars and TestNG.
- Executed and managed test cases and responsible for defect tracking in HP ALM QC.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Consolidated Database extract validations to the policy admin systems.
- Expertise in converting manual test cases into automation smoke, Ad-Hoc and regression suites.
- Used TOAD for SQL Server to write SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services API transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payment and account transfers sent over HTTP by inspecting every XML request and response using SOAP UI.
- Participated in implementation of Reports and Payment service classes.
- Analyzing Test Results, Preparing Result mails and sending Status Mails on daily bases
- Trained manual testers to execute and analyze automation smoke and regression tests.
Environment: AGILE methodology, Mainframes, Oracle, Web apps, Standalone apps, TDM tool, OIM, JMeter, SOAP UI, HP ALM QC, Perl/Shell/python, Selenium Web Driver, Appium, Linux, Junit, Jenkins, Maven, TestnG, ANT, Eclipse IDE, SQL Server.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Senior Selenium QA Tester
- Analysis of Functional Requirement and Business Requirement documents and communicating with BA.
- Performing Daily Smoke Test Manually on different browsers (e.g.: Firefox, Safari and IE)
- Perform Black box and white box testing.
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using Selenium.
- Presented test cases to business for peer review and ensure completeness.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by using Selenium after each modification and enhancement.
- Used Synchronization in Selenium to take care of the timing problems between QTP and Application under Test.
- Used Dynamic Identifiers in Selenium.
- Used finder mechanism like CSS, XPath expression, HTML id and name to find the Web Elements.
- Extensively worked on selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments.
- Performed web testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP) for checking page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables.
- Used TestNG annotations like Groups, parameters, Data Providers for regression and functional testing.
- Executed automation test scripts to perform regression testing using QTP and reported the deviation to the developmentteam.
- Experience in testing SOAP Web Services using SoapUI.
- Involved in Cross Browser Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Created and Developed Reports and Graphs using ALM.
- Wrote Test cases in ALM and Defect report generation using ALM (Application Life cycle Management)
- Experience with TFS for code debugging, Defect tracking and providing test metrics
- Documented the raised defects and followed up with development team for defect fixes.
- Creating keyword or hybrid framework for Functional Testing.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for accessing data from the MySQL database.
- Coordinated with UAT team by providing them with test cases and test data.
- Involved in End-to-End testing of business rules on the Web based application.
- Provided the Test status reports, Testing activities and documented issues to the QA Test lead and QA manager.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects to Quality Center.
- Extensively worked on selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments as part of migration fromQTP.
- Reporting Daily Status & Involved in documenting minutes for weekly progress to the stakeholders.
- Experience in using selenium to create quick bug reproduction scripts and create scripts to aid in automation-aided exploratory testing
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, TFS 2008, ALM, J2EE, AGILE, Windows, UNIX, Quality Center, XPath, Firebug, SoapUI, TestNG, Apache POI
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Involved in Requirement Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of the risk workflow system.
- Involved in the implementation of design using vital phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) that includes Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance Support in WATER FALL methodology.
- Applied OOAD principle for the analysis and design of the system.
- Ran automation test scripts for performing regression testing on the application using QTP.
- Used Checkpoints, Descriptive programming and Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP.
- Created Test plan, Test Design, Test scripts and responsible for implementation of Test cases as Manual test scripts.
- Creating the Test Suites, Test Execution and App configuration template files.
- Perform responsibilities of developing test scripts by using SOA test tools
- Handle the tasks of managing test data, developing test scenarios and logging test results
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing
- Assigned responsibilities of supporting Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tier
- Responsible for testing and implementing service oriented architecture components
- Design and Implementation of Modular framework with Selenium with java and other open source tools.
- Writing Automation Test cases integrating with Framework and Mapping to Manual test cases in ALM.
- Worked on perfecto mobile tool, worked on various Android and iOS devices.
- Participated in business requirement walk-through, design walk-through & analyzed Business requirements
- Tested web services by sending Request XML and verify Response XML using SOAPUI tool to verify student results
- Developed Automation test scripts for Functionality and Regression testing of web application using QTP.
- Performing testing on Web UI with various browsers (IE, Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari). Also, worked on devices like iPhone, iPad & also Android devices and simulators
- Sharing Automation Status reports and Training to Team on Mobile Automation.
Environment: Java, J2ee, HTML, CSS, Sql server, Linux OS, Selenium tools, Web driver, Soup ui, Android handsets and iPhone handsets, Quality Centre, Load Runner, QTP, Agile.
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that defined the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Java.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Developed automation test scripts to test the database by retrieving the data from the tables using HPQTP and VB Scripting.
- Wrote automated data-driven test scripts in QTP to efficiently carry out GUI, functional, data driven, Integration, Smoke and regression testing by using reusable actions / test harnesses.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Conducted GUI and Black Box Testing using QTP and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java on modules like online login valid username and password, transactions.
Environment: Selenium IDE/Web Driver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, DevOps, HP Quality Center, RQM, RTC, Agile Methodology, SQL.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Executed all test cases in different phases of testing like GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Sanity and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed test plans and test cases within a Waterfall Methodology after carefully analyzing FRD and BRD.
- Involved in complex test cases dealing with Business rules, under writing issues and validations.
- Involved in test cases related to quote screens and rating behavior.
- Tested the behavioral changes in modifiers according to question sets response.
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Involved in automation testing using Java and selenium.
- Worked on developing Java code for automation process.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using Oracle.
- Prepared manual test cases for service appointment creation, modification and deletion.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in JIRA.
- Summarize test results in formula test analysis reports according to the documentation standards.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAPUI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Involved in back end testing for validate the back-end data and compare the front-end data and executed SQL queries.
- Prepared the test data for positive and negative testing for executing the test cases.
- Prepared Test Summary Reports, Bug Reports on weekly basis.
- Performed extensive end to end manual testing.
- Identify the Test Scenarios, developed and reviewed test cases as per the requirements.
- Modified and maintained test cases with changes in application interface and navigation flow for further releases.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, CSS, XML, MS Office, HTML, SQL, MS Access, Windows, Quality Center
- Created and updated test scenarios, test plans, and test cases according to user story and design.
- Performed architect, design and develop test case and test scenarios for enterprise solution against business requirements that were scalable, maintainable, and extensible.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in Cucumber framework creation.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework. Based on page library, developed Selenium test cases in JAVA using Junit framework.
- Performed Unit testing for Java applications using Junit.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Used Fire Bug, Fire Path, Xpath, CSS Selector, ID, Name locators are used to identify objects.
- Used Appium for mobile automation testing with selenium bindings for Android, IOS
- Perform Cross Browser Compatibility testing using Firefox Driver, Chrome driver, Internet Explorer Driver etc by using the Sauce Lab.
- Worked under Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Participated in system walkthrough and inspection meetings to understand the business rules and system operation flows.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Jenkins, Cucumber, Eclipse, XPATH, Firebug, Fire path, CSS, XML, agile (Agm&Alm) SQL, Appium, and Windows