- Around 8 years of experience in Software testing as a Quality Analyst/Mobile Application Tester
- Automated Software Testing using Selenium, QTP, SoapUI and Quality Center
- Experienced in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual testing and Automation Testing Selenium of client server application in back - end testing.
- Hands on experience working with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability
- Good experience in developing different type of framework like Keyword driven, Data driven, Hybrid framework and Page Object Model
- Experienced in smoke testing, Black-box testing, White-box testing, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI software testing
- Strong experience in Web Services Automation using SoapUI
- Extensively used object oriented programming (oops) concepts for automating the web applications.
- Automated Test cases in TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD(Behavior Driven Development)
- Expertise in designing Automation Frameworks
- Expertise in writing Test strategy, Test Plan Preparation and Implementation, Test Case Design, Test Tool usage, Test execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
- Worked on multiple projects, and Extensively involved in User acceptance testing (UAT), End to end, System Integration Testing(SIT), Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Validation testing, Backend testing, Performance Testing, batch process testing and Cross-Browser testing.
- Implemented functional tests using java, TestNG/JUnit framework and also cucumber framework for BDD.
- Experience in Web debugging tools like XPath, FirePath, and Firebug and also provided efficient locators for strategies like XPath and CSS to run web driven scripts.
- Experience in Automation tools like selenium, protractor, QTP (Quick Test Professional), load and performance testing tool JMeter and Mobile Automation testing tool Appium
- Worked in ETL environment involving Informatica/DataStage
- Created Data Driven Tests by using parameterization. Created user defined functions in VBScript.
- Expertise in reviewing and analyzing Software Requirements Specification documents SRS, Business Requirement Documents BRD .
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), CVS & GIT and generated Test logs using Log4j for various log levels
- Expertise of testing the application developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, .Net technology etc
- Experienced in testing client server and web based applications using HP tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality center (QC). Also possess good knowledge of UNIX/Linux shell commands to tail the logs, adding users, starting services from the shell, settings aliases to frequently used commands, creating users and settings file system permissions
- Remarkable communication and organizational skills with attention to business process details besides being a team player and self-starter
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, HP Quality Center/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, SoapUI, QTP, Protractor, JMeter, Cucumber, FitNesse, Coded UI, Appium
Frameworks: Hybrid, Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Robot Framework
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP, XML, CSS, Flash
SQA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA, Bamboo, Rational ClearQuest
Build/ Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Operating Systems: Windows XP, vista & server, UNIX, Linux and Mac
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, CVS, Firebug, FirePath
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Integrated test automation with Agile development process and Incorporated changes to Agile practices to significantly improve test automation QA cycle velocity
- Involved in various SDLC phases - Liaised with business analyst to understand business requirement and scope of testing
- Analysed the business requirements, designed specifications, and tested strategy to plan and prepare for testing
- Written Automation Test Scripts using Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and used Maven Build tool to run the Automation
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update test plan, test scenarios
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines
- Responsible for creating automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java to test web application with multiple sets of data
- Prepared test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements
- Automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry using Android SDK and IOS Simulators and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files using Appium Emulators
- Executed test scripts, documented defects and verified fixes using Defect tracking tool HP Quality Center
- Used GIT for any code change and/or package merging to the test environment
- Performed web services testing with SoapUI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files
- Performed Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build
- Create Quick Smoke Test Suite & Regression suite to certify the build deployment to SIT & UAT environment on a weekly basis using Jenkins continuous integration with Framework
- Implemented Environment setup, Release support - Release to QA, and testing the release process
- Provided support to offshore QA team by giving them knowledge transfer and helping them with closure of the defects
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center/HP ALM, Android SDK, IOS simulators, Protractor, GIT, SoapUI, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, Oracle 10g
Confidential, Islandia, NY
Sr. QA Automation Engineer/ Mobile Tester
- Worked in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the development of the product.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle SDLC & STLC
- Implemented the Selenium Web Driver , Java and TestNG framework for writing and executing the Test suits of Web Applications
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites using TestNG, Maven and Jenkins
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, and Keyword Driven Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Java
- Worked in the Framework of POM for UI Automation in Selenium Web Driver
- Used Apache POI methods for writing to excel sheets in java
- Extensively used Quality Center / ALM for test planning, bug tracking and reporting tools followed up with the development team to verify Bug fixes and update bug status.
- Worked in using the XPath , Firebug and FirePath for Locator elements and IOS Simulators and Emulators Mobile App Testing
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud
- Used iOS simulator (on code) to make sure the app works on all devices
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Implemented the BDD framework with Cucumber , Java and the creation of future files with scenario and scenario outline files
- Actively perform the testing in both SOAP and REST API services using SoapUI and tested both XML and JSON formats
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SoapUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests
- Compared and analyzed the performance of the application with various load using Jmeter for performance testing
- Designed scenarios in JMeter to perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to run automated test suites
- Used GIT to re-modify files and for software development
- Implementation of SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database (RDBMS) for Data Validation and Data Integrity
- Development of functional test cases using Data validation and Data Design Techniques
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Page Object Model, Appium, HP ALM, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, SoapUI, Protractor, TestNG, FirePath, Firebug, Eclipse, Java
Confidential, Englewood, CO
QA Automation Engineer / SDET
- Worked as Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases
- Used Agile to fetch data from MySQL database in Data driven testing.
- Worked on behavior driven development (BDD) approach using selenium- Cucumber to write and execute automated acceptance/unit tests with Ruby
- Involved in implementing Test Automation Framework using Protractor with Jasmine.
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN)
- Responsible for planning, executing and managing the UI automation scripts written in AngularJS using Protractor Testing Framework
- Tested request and response XML's based Web Services interfaces using SoapUI
- Involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using SoapUI and tested both XML and JSON formats
- Publishing the application in production for Android platform using Perfecto tool
- Involved in scope creation, script creation, configuration, execution, analysis, resolution, retesting to performance testing using JMeter
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Created JMeter scripts to perform the load, volume, stress and capacity testing.
- Create various builds and deployment in Jenkins with ANT
- Created SQL Statements and UNIX/Linux Shell scripts to perform ETL testing on the oracle database methodology (Scrum) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created Selenium automation scripts in Java prior to agile release.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Automation
- Implemented Page Objects model (POM), Apache POI in WebDriver Scripts, Data Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver, and Java. Unit Test
- Development of the automation scripts using Appium and Java for Mobile applications.
- Involved in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, White box/Black box testing for Mobile Application
Confidential, Temple, TX
- Worked in Agile Methodology with two-week release cycles
- Automated the Release Process for software releases using C#
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium, TestNG and C#
- Developed functional, UI, regression test scripts using Coded UI using C#
- Performed Automated UI, regression, acceptance and priority functional tests of this windows application using Java scripting in Test Complete
- Developed user controls, custom controls using Asp.Net and C# and were effectively used
- Expertise in SCRUM methodology in agile principles and implementing. Experience with Load Runner
- Interacted with developers to resolve the ETL and reports defects
- Used SoapUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Involved in Web Services Testing using WEBUI, SoapUI with rest to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to effectively manage the product life cycle
- TFS-MTM (coded UI and exploratory testing) for automating tests for regression testing
- Executed test cases manually and reported defects
- Wrote and executed SQL’s and PL/SQL’s to do the backend testing
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite
Environment: Selenium, TestNG, C#, SQL, SoapUI, Quality Center, VBScript, HTML, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), TFS
Confidential, Foothill Ranch, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Framework Development for Automation using QTP.
- Develop automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate Smoke and Regression.
- Testing and automated test data load for every build cycle.
- Creation of Automation Scripts in Active Directory using QTP
- Create automated test scripts using QTP to run on multiple sets of data and one data file can be used for multiple scripts
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Developed Project using waterfall methodology
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing
- Analyzed project documentation, analyzed and estimated requirements, planned, prepared and Updated detailed Test cases using Quality Center
- Performed manual testing on the whole application before going for the automated testing
- Involved in Manual Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution
- Performed checking the user profiles and their login scripts and checked the basic functionality by manual testing
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Report
- Performed User Acceptance Testing(UAT) in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software
- Developed test scripts using groovy for data driven testing of SOAP and REST Web service using SoapUI
- Perform Web Service Testing using JSON and XML, RESTful API automation with GET/POST/PUT/DELETE
Environment: QTP10, SoapUI, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, TOAD, UNIX, HTML, VBScript, RESTful, XML, JSON
- Performed various types of testing like Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and Compatibility Testing
- Developed detailed Test Plans, Test Cases and responsible for executing the Test Cases, Test Scripts using QTP
- Developed Scripts using VBScript language for Automating Testing Activity in QTP
- Generated Test Data for Automation Scripts in Excel from QTP
- Good Experience in Waterfall Methodology Process for the product development
- Performed Database Validation Testing using complex SQL queries using Inner/Outer joins
- Used the HP Quality Center (QC) defect tracking system, to report and analyze defects during the entire testing process
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test
- Created custom JSON/XML Assertors, for validation of SOAP (WSDL), and REST API calls, and Data Banks for storing and analyzing data input/output and error codes
- Preparing and executing Test cases, Review test cases and Defect Reporting
- Prepared Defect Report as per severity and Priority
- Analyzed Test specifications and written Manual Test cases for Black Box Testing
- Performed manual testing using Cross browser and Cross Platform
- Involved in Defect Reporting Meetings daily
Environment: VBScript, SoapUI, HTML, SQL Server 2005, and Windows 2003, HP Quality Center, QTP 8.2
Manual / QTP Tester
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases
- Involved in complete life cycle of design, development, testing and deployment of application.
- Executed the manual test cases for various testing like GUI, Functionality, System, for Web applications and recorded the results
- Identified the initial setup, input data, appropriate steps and the expected responses in the Manual test cases
- Project is developed using waterfall methodology
- Involved in the executing and retrieving the data for SQL Queries
- Worked on De-bugging and bug fixing problems raised by QA team and fixed the issues.
- Implemented transferring of XML data to the database using JDBC for additional services of the application.
- Automated the Backend System using QTP XML (used XPath, WSDL) web services (SOAP protocol) Feature
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications
- Participated in Integration, System, Smoke Testing
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science, 2010