- Over six years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation Process in IT industry and that include Banking, e - commerce and Healthcare domains.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile SCRUM models across various projects.
- Involved in testing activities for different projects web-based, e-commerce and client/server applications.
- Provided inputs in developing quality assurance standards in regards to manual, automation and performance testing.
- Analyzed requirements and developed test plans, test scenarios, test cases and RTM.
- Executed test cases for functional, validation, end-to-end, and regression testing for Web application.
- Skilled in identifying and reporting software defects in clear and concise manner
- Experience in defining and executing test data acquisition, including production data set selection and extraction and test data generation, as well as manual data preparation.
- Performed SQL statements for set up data and retrieve data for tests.
- Experienced in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) including Oracle and MS SQL Server Databases.
- Experience in developing and executing SQL queries in an Oracle environment to confirm database operations performed by software applications using Oracle 10g/11g.
- Highly experienced in using automation testing tools, involving understanding the process of any particular application, preparing a framework, preparing test plans, preparing test cases and automating test cases.
- Expert in creating automated test scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Experienced in creating Data Driven Frame Work for regression automation test suites.
- Experience in conducting 508 compliance test using JAWS.
- Ability to triage software defects providing development staff with adequate information for remediation.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events as wells as adjust decisions and actions to new information.
- Ability to up-to-date with new technologies, operating systems, automated testing tools in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Ability to work well in team environment under deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Fast learner, well organized, self-motivated, active, hardworking, trustworthy and reliable, responsible, positive, honest, confident and open-minded team player with strong interpersonal skills and analytical mindset.
- U S Citizen
Test Management Tools: HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM), HP Quality Center, Target Process and JIRA.
Automation Testing Tools: HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) with VB Scripting
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server and MS Access.
Database Access Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL *Plus Command Prompt and TOAD.
Application Server: IIS and Apache Web Server.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Strong knowledge of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models.
- Hands on experience in Agile Methodology, involved in full life cycle of the project, attended daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings, update the test data as per the frequently changing requirement.
- Proficient in developing and executing high quality Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts from Requirements documents, Functional specification, and Design Documents from user stories.
- Extensive experience on requirement analysis, creating RTM, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Performed Functional Testing, Negative Testing, Positive testing, Boundary testing, Regression Testing, End to End testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Created the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Supported End-to-end testing and created Test Data according to the scenarios.
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified during Testing.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users. Prepared end user documentation for the new system.
- Used HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM) to store all testing results, implemented Test plan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking & Reporting.
- Developed and executed test cases and followed-up defects using HP ALM.
- Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using HP ALM.
- Expertise in generating the daily defect detailed report using HP ALM.
- Developed Test Scripts by writing VBScript and conducted Regression testing for various application modules using UFT.
- Tested the application manually by executing test cases prior to automation.
- Used UFT to create Test scripts using VBScript for both System and Regression Testing.
- Enhanced test scripts using Parameterization, Optional Steps, Synchronization points and verification points.
- Effectively handled dynamic values while enhancing scripts using Regular Expression
- Created Data Driven automation framework and used external xml based file to store test data for easy maintenance of automation scripts.
- Created shared object repositories and associated with test scripts for robust automation test suites.
- Extensively used descriptive programming method to generate automated scripts.
- Configured HP ALM and UFT to store automated scripts into ALM.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using HP ALM defect section.
- Responsible for back-end testing/database testing, which was done using SQL queries.
- Expert in manipulating the database by using SQL Developer tool.
- Set-up, coordinated system and UAT testing with Business Analysts and end-field users after the applications were all set.
- Actively attended defect review meetings and provided feedback to support development team to resolve the defects accurately and timely manner.
- Attended periodic meetings, teleconferences and led discussions on problem resolution.
Environment: ASP.NET, VB.NET, C/C++, HTML, DHTML, VB, SQL Server, TCP/IP, Windows 7/8.1/10, IIS, HP ALM, UFT and IE.
- Involved in Daily Meetings and Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification and development process flow at various stages.
- Developed, executed and implemented test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications built upon a .NET application platform.
- Develop detailed test strategy, test approach, project plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Manual test cases, and Test Steps for various Business methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on client/server applications and used HP ALM for test management tool.
- Used HP ALM for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results.
- Utilized ALM Defect Section for track, report and manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope and constraints.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using Oracle SQL Developer and added SQL queries to the required Test cases.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using SQL *Plus to validate backend functionality of the application.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and also established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of SUT.
- Developed automation test plan and identified the test cases to automate as an automated regression test suites using HP Unified Functional Testing (HP UFT).
- Implemented Data Driven automation framework and enhanced test scripts for better reusability and repeatability using MS excel and XML based input test data.
- Parameterized test scripts to support multiple sets of test data to extend testing coverage.
- Created Shared Objects Repository and incorporated with scripts to reduce scripts maintenance time.
- Created reusable functions, sub-routines using VBScript and store into function library to support code reusability.
- Developed automated scripts using descriptive programming method by capturing object properties and values using object spy.
- Created driver script using VB script and configured with windows scheduler to execute automated test suites while away from desk.
- Executed and maintained automated test suites and provided test results to the testing team and project management.
- Implemented quality assurance objectives and processes, monitor and evaluate testing results against the predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for improvements.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status.
Environment: .NET, Java/J2EE, VBScript, Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Oracle EBS- Oracle 11g, SQL Server 08, SQL, PL/SQL, IIS and Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PAResponsibilities:
- Analyzed requirements, functional specification, and the required documents for testing.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Smoke, System, Integration, Regression, UAT and Performance Testing of Web and Client/Server Application
- Conducted elaborate manual testing on test cases and provided feedback to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests defect tracking and managing the defects.
- Managed weekly meetings with the QA team to obtain status, gather innovative ideas for continuous process improvements and delegate work load.
- Collaborated with Business System Analysts and internal stakeholders to create test scenarios.
- Attended use case and technical specifications review sessions with product and architecture teams to provide feedback in the elaboration phase.
- Created test plans outlining the scope, approach, schedule, resources and deliverables.
- Developed test case template and implement the template within the testing team to write test cases in a systemic basis.
- Experienced writing test cases in MS Excel and in HP ALM's Test Plan section.
- Wrote SQL statements using Oracle SQL Developer and SQL *Plus to retrieve data from database in order to verify accurate data stored in database as well as back end testing.
- Analysis of automation tools and usage on their web based application and recommendations for Performance testing lab methodology as well as scripting for intranet/internet.
- Installed, configured, and administered the automated performance testing tools including VuGen, Analysis, Controller and Load Generator.
- Identified testing methodology for load, stress testing based on the business processes and analyzed the business requirements along with Product Manager.
- Enhanced VuGen Scripts by parameterizing the input test data to minimize data caching, unique constraint, and data dependency issue.
- Inserted Rendezvous point into script to instruct Vusers to perform a specific task simultaneously.
- Inserted and configured manual correlation to handle dynamic data into script including unique session value.
- Created manual and automated scenario using LR Controller, setup Runtime settings, configured Load Generator, and assigned number of Virtual Users.
- Configured Ramp Up, Ramp Down, and calculate proper duration of the propose Load test.
- Administered the Load Test and Analyze test result using LR analysis to pin point the bottle neck and reported to development team.
- Generated daily status reports, weekly reports, defect reports and testing summary Reports.
- Maintained professional and close relation with the peer members as well as other teams.
Environment: HP Quality Center (QC), QuickTest Professional (QTP), HP Load Runner, .Net, Windows NT, SQL+, Java, J2EE, XML, IIS, MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle.