- Over 5 years of experience in a fast - paced agile environment as a Test Automation Engineer with both Manual and Automated testing skills and practical experience in Agile Scrum environment
- Extensive working experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), their methodologies and process.
- In-depth experience with Agile Scrum development methodology as well as in Waterfall methodology
- Experienced in writing Test Plan , Test Cases according to the business requirement and User Stories .
- Proficient in writing Test Scenarios, Functional and Integration test cases, reviewing test cases and estimating test cases execution.
- Experienced in User Stories generation and User Stories Analysis .
- Proficient in Manual Testing and Automated Testing on web-based applications.
- Experienced with User Stories generation and defining the User Stories Acceptance Criteria .
- Experienced with Functional Testing , Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing , Positive Testing , Negative Testing , using UFT .
- Expert in Defect Life Cycle and hands-on experience with Defect Tracking Tools like ALM and Jira . Expertise in documenting defects with a high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, ALM, JIRA.
- Experienced with executing test cases, Logging Defect , Retesting Defect and Closing Defect using HP ALM .
- Expert in Designing , Developing and Maintaining Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid Framework with UFT using VB Script .
- Experience in automating Excel and XML Object in UFT for Data Driving testing.
- Experienced with Automating Smoke Test , Functional Test and Regression test using UFT with VB Script .
- Experienced with Exception Handling , Error Handling by developing Reusable Functions with VBScript .
- Experienced in Back-End testing with complex SQL Queries.
- Expertise in back ends testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MySQL.
- Experienced in Cross Browser Testing by executing the test cases in QTP/UFT using VB Script.
- Experienced with design sessions and provide feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Excellent Cross Functional Agile team member who can perform manual, automation testing with extensive coding skills .
- Strong analytical, presentation, collaboration, problem solving and excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work independently , and active team player with proven work ethics, team management and leadership qualities .
- Extremely organized, self-starter, team oriented, proactive, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to mentor colleagues on Test Automation Development.
Tools: QTP, UFT, QC, ALM, JIRA, MySQL, ORACLE DB, Postman, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG
Languages: VB Script, SQL, HTML, XML, JAVA
Frameworks: Data driven, Keyword driven, Hybrid
Environment: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Chicago, ILTest Automation Engineer
- Designed and Developed Keyword Driven Automation Framework using QTP with VB Script .
- Developed custom HTML report in QTP/UFT to improve the run result readability to business team and upper management.
- Successfully migrated test automation scripts from Windows XP / QTP environment to Windows 8.1 / UFT environment.
- Developed automation shakeout script and scheduled the test run on a daily basis in multiple environments to test the application stability.
- Automated and maintained the master regression suite using UFT and supported each major release by executing the regression suite against to AUT ( Application Under Test ).
- Used DOM ( Document Object Model ) approach to overcoming object recognition problem with DOM approach.
- Used AOM ( Automation Object Model ) to develope the Driver Script with VB Script in UFT to kickoff the hourly test run in Windows Task Manager .
- Used OOM ( Outlook Object Model ) to automate email confirmation functionality and sent test result with outlook in QTP/UFT .
- Extensively used in VB Script to dynamically File System Object handle files and folders for test automation framework in UFT .
- Executed master regression suite across multiple VMs and machines to reduce the execution time.
- Supported manual testing whenever it is demanded and logged defect in the ALM.
- Provided production support for each major release by executing read-only shakeout scripts in the production environment .
- Performed Test Case Rationalization to eliminate the redundancy of the test cases to maximize the team productivity.
- Performed Ad-Hoc testing and found critical defects that are not covered by business requirement document.
- Provided feedback to business and development team in User Story Session to improve the testability of the User Story.
- Attended Daily Scrum, Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retro meetings.
- Provided mentorship on test automation to adapt the agile Cross Functional Team concept.
- Analyzed each regression run result and provided a high level report to the team and upper management.
Environment: ALM, QTP, UFT, Oracle, Hybrid Framework, XP, Windows 8.1
Confidential, Chicago, ILTest Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing various Documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plan .
- Wrote test cases, test scenarios according to the user stories and its acceptance criteria.
- Attended user story session to provide feedback to the development team to improve the testability .
- Executed functional test cases, compared actual result and expected result and provided execution report.
- Developed the traceability matrix to ensure the test case coverage and automation coverage.
- Executed test cases and logged critical defects in ALM , linked defect to the test cases in ALM .
- Performed back-end testing with SQL Queries using Oracle SQL .
- Developed and maintained Keyword Driven Framework in QTP/UFT using VB Script .
- Created Functional Libraries to organize the functions, Global Variables, Dictionary Objects to maximize the productivity in test script development .
- Used HTML Report for as QTP Reporting Engine for the non-technical users in UFT .
- Used File System Object to automate loan import functionality and successfully implemented the import loan (CSV File) script.
- Developed Outlook Email Trigger to kick off the script with email using VB Script Outlook Object Model.
- Managed test data in the multiple external Environmental Variable file to ensure the maintainability of the automation framework .
- Created folder structures for Functions, Actions, Test Data and Result and worked with the multiple team members collaboratively .
- Created Automation Design Document to keep the entire team member on the same page for test automation development.
- Executed automated regression test cases and provided a detailed run result to the development team.
- Executed the test script in multiple test environments including QA and UAT environments.
- Developed and executed Smoke Test Script after each build to test the application stability .
- Created and executed Selenium test script suites using Selenium Web Driver .
- Used TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Participated in both manual testing and automation testing as Cross Functional Team member.
- Provided product support in after-hoursworks as well as in the weekend.
Environment: VB Script, XML, HTML, ALM, JIRA, SQL, QTP, UFT, Keyword Driven Framework, JAVA, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG
Confidential, Chicago, ILQuality Assurance Analyst
- Involved in designing Test Plans and writing Test Cases , uploading them to Quality Center and executed Manual test cases to test the system.
- Managed Test activities by executing the test cases using QC.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification , System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Executed manual test cases and logged defects .
- Reported bugs using Quality Center and worked closely with the development team for the closure of these bugs before release .
- Retested the defect once the defects are fixed.
- Automated test cases by record and playback using Quick Test Professional (QTP) .
- Reported test execution status on daily basis to the upper management.
- Performed Ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Involved in Backend testing by using SQL Quires .
- Performed Regression testing against the various build of the applications using QTP .
- Created basic scripts from a manual test case , added verification steps to tests, manage objects in the object repository , and customize Checkpoints with parameters
- Attended weekly meetings on project status. Responsible for designing and developing mock-ups for User Interface and prototype testing
Environment: Manual Testing, HP QC, ALM, JIRA, SQL Server 2007, VB Script, XML, SQL, QTP