- Over 12 plus years of experience in Software Testing process, involving applications like Data Management, Consumer Credit Rating, Point of Sale and Customer Relationship Management
- Exceptional analysis skills with an ability to transform the needs of business users and stakeholders into functional/technical requirements
- Interact with business users to identify requirements and update test cases accordingly
- 5+ years’ experience in leading small & large teams in multiple geographic locations
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer with intensive experience in SDLC and STLC. Involved in analysis, design and quality assurance of web & client - server(.NET applications)
- Proficiency in performing different types of testing like Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Back-End and User Acceptance
- Proficient in creating and documenting Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Summary Reports for the relational database, web, client-server applications
- Experience in database testing using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access
- Excellent understanding of various methodologies like Waterfall and Agile etc.
- Well versed in analyzing test results, bug tracking & reporting, and detailed status reporting
- Experience in using Microsoft Test Manager(MTM)/Team Foundation Server(TFS) and HP ALM as repository
- Experience with Cloud based technologies MS Azure and AWS Infrastructure Services and Cloud Watch. Cloudberry (Amazon S3).
- Experienced in HP Quality center for maintaining test cases, execution and tracking the defects
- Ability to collaborate with testers, developers and other team members for testing complex projects
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project with ability to learn things quickly
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize
- Possess excellent skills in Bug Reporting using ClearQuest, Test Director, Quality Center (ALM)and Mantis.Jira
- Strong Knowledge of building Test report and Defect Summary reports using the bug-tracking tools like BugZilla, Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Quality Center and Mantis
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Hardworking, self-motivated team player with a result oriented attitude.
- Experience working in a large Global Enterprise level multi-release software projects.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, QC, QTP, Visual Studio, MTM
Types of Testing: Black Box Testing, Smoke, GUI/ User Interface, Back End, Functional, System/ End-to-end, Regression, Positive and Negative
Bug Tracking: HP ALM, Quality Center, TFS
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server
Documentation: MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Operating Systems: Windows 7
Programming Language: C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net
Scripting Language: VBScript
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
QA Lead (Onsite/Offshore)
- Conducted daily test status reporting meetings with onsite testing team and management teams.
- Participated in walk through meetings along with Business People, Development team
- Published weekly Sprint and Regression Testing status and defect reports to the management.
- Reviewed User stories and made sure Acceptance Criteria is suffice, and clarified with Business team.
- Attended Project Sprint Planning meeting, reviewed User stories, and provided QA task list and estimations.
- Create test plan for manual regression testing for each build
- Prepare high level test summary sheet to tracks the testing progress which shows total number of test case, number of test cases executed, not executed, passed, failed, percentage of test cases completed etc
- Interacted with off-shore team every day to assign task for that day like manual regression testing
- Worked on Chrome REST Client to test Rest Service built using JSON and SOAP UI tool to test Web Service API calls
- Participate in daily Scrum (Agile methodology) meetings to discuss the task assigned and to escalate issues blocking.
- Participated in Planning and provided time estimates for project related tasks.
- Involved in several successful releases of enhancements developed by offsite & onsite developers for different applications
- Execute manual regression testing for all modules(Documents, Users, Search and Reports)
- Created test cases and executed to check the user permissions related to secure document, create/add new users and user group, association, create new user and send email notification etc.
- Recently involved in API testing.
- Performed various testing like smoke testing, sanity testing, integration testing, GUI testing, API testing
- Single point of contact for overall testing activities with UAT, Vendors and Partners and Approved Releases for Production.
- Developed Detailed Test Result Reports using HP ALM
- Preparing the test data for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: ASP.Net, C#, AngularJS, SQL Server, TFS, MTM, Visual studio Test Professional
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Sr QA Analyst
- Analyzed the Project Requirements and User Stories for the creation of Test Scenarios and Test Cases for various iterations
- Analyzed Business and System requirements of the application
- Discussed with Test Lead/QA Managers about prioritizing Test Scenarios (Critical, High, Medium, and Low) based on Core functionality
- Designed and developed test plans and test scripts based on the requirements for manual testing for all modules
- Manual Testing was done to perform functional testing on the User interface
- Proficient in GUI testing by inserting various verifications and data driven testing for functionalities that require dynamic data input
- Conducted Functional Testing, System Testing, and Integration testing, on Customer Information, Point of sales
- Analyzed the end-to-end functionality testing of the application manually
- Performed back-end testing by writing and executing SQL Queries
- Identified and reported defects and managed defect tracking in HP ALM
- Involved in the User Story reviews with the Business Analysts
- Responsible for performing Ad Hoc testing on the application to ensure that the basic functionality of the application is not broken with the new build releases
- Wrote test script to automate regression testing in QTP
- Analyzed reports, tracking system bugs and assisted with on-going improvement efforts related to QA tracked defects from initiation to completion while working with developers to respond to complaints and initiate remedy process
Environment: ASP.Net, VB.Net, HP ALM, SQL Server, JIRA.
Confidential, Houston Texas
Sr QA Analyst
- Managed internal and external QA audits with strong documentation practices, worked with the project managers closely in setting priorities, scheduling, reporting and coordinated with the QA team
- Engineered high volume test data, created test data for to validate business logic for break/exception/alert generation/ETL, conducted testing migration activities including transformation logic, and documented the migration
- Used complex SQL queries extensively to perform back end testing, exceptions generation testing and Data warehouse reports testing, Migration, ETL and POC (Proof of Concepts) testing during MTA migration.
- Involved in testing of the MTA application that was migrated to Web application and tested the new application that has features of both NYSE and FINRA applications
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Complete Functional Testing, GUI Testing, End-to-End testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Verified the Data completeness and consistency of data migrated using ETL transformations from source to target database
- Executed jobs in UNIX that were involved in loading the tables and sending the notifications to the clearing firms when the response was not received during the stipulated time and checked the logs in the event of job failure
- Logged defects in JIRA/ALM/ HP Quality Center/ MTM and tracked the defect until closure
- Participated in the preparation of Automation framework for QTP scripts to be executed on customized forms integrated with Oracle application
- Prepared the testing schedule, report analysis, defect tracking and accelerated the testing cycles through JIRA and ALM, HP Quality Center
- Customized functions used across VB scripts to adhere to the integration
- Involved in creating the test summary report and requirement Traceability Matrix
- Managed test case development and execution
- Created Test plans using Microsoft TFS to track manual testing for sprints or milestones
- Customized test plans and suites, added additional reviewer field via Microsoft TFS
- Performed automated and manual testing
- Developed test scripts for GUI applications using QTP and automated test scripts for the regression test
- Actively participated in defect review meetings and analyzed the status of the discrepancies
- Reported, communicated and clarified the bugs in the application to the developers
- Ensured that all change requests, test problem reports and external trouble reports were tested and approved before the release
- Coordinated and monitored the process of re-testing the defect fixes in each release and monitored the smooth transition of the application
- Reported QA team status to executives
- Attended daily scrum meetings, weekly status meetings, checkpoint meetings and peer review meetings
- Implemented agile and iterative testing methodologies
- Involved in implementation of testing environment in cloud
- Verified all MTA data was copied to AWS environment
Environment: AWS Cloud, PostgreSQL, JTAF, HP Quality Center, ALM, QTP, JIRA, jMeter, Oracle, MS-Office, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, XML, Java, UNIX, Toad and SQL Developer
Confidential, Danville, PA
Sr QA Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and developed Test Plan detailed Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test cases.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Involved in creating Test Plan according to the business requirements.
- Created, prepared and conducted quality assurance review meetings, develop test plans, test cases, user scenarios, check lists and other QA documentation.
- Logged the bugs in Defects tab in Quality center.
- Use functional knowledge of application to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderately complex test problems.
- Developed Test Cases in test plan, executed in test lab using Quality Center.
- Experience in assessing project requirements, development and test status, changes, coverage and risks using QC (ALM).
- Executed the test cases in several phases as the developers fixing the bugs.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Compatibility, System Integration Testing, Security testing, User Acceptance testing, Web testing and was responsible for executing all testing scenarios.
- Used SQL commands to insert, update, delete and modify the data.
- Changed / Incident Management using Rational Clear Quest.
- Participate in product design review meetings utilizing the AGILE process methodology.
- Turned ALM Data into actionable intelligence with visibility into and across the projects.
- Responsible for communication with the users and responsible for working with the users closely during UAT and getting the required sign-off's.
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements on SQL Database.
- Performed load testing for checking the application's performance under various capacities using various strategies such as, Burst and linear using SOAPUI.
- Performed Manual Functional testing with QC and Regression Testing
- Developed Tractability Matrix and Test Coverage reports and generated BOXI reports.
- Responsible for data migration testing and validation.
- Retrieved files using SQL statements and UNIX commands.
- Coordinated between the automated testers, manual testers and system administrator for the precise scheduling of the test runs. Interacted with Database Administrator and Network Administrator to resolve application issues.
- Interacted with developers to explain the software bugs and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Log, and verify resolution of software, database and specification defects.
Environment: Quality Center(ALM), XML, EDI, Oracle 10g, TOAD, LINX, MSSQL Server, VB Script, MS-Project, SQL Query Analyzer, Windows XP/2007.
Confidential, Ambler, PA
- Analyzing Business Requirements / Features and preparing the Test conditions in HP Quality Center.
- Preparing Test Scenarios based on RSM (Requirements Specification Matrix).
- Develop test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results. Use of "Parameterization" technics for a "Data Driven" test. All development was done under Eclipse IDE.
- Responsible to deal with the errors to make the program error free.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite/Offshore development team and with Business.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Python/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in Oracle Database.
- Participated scheduled meetings with Development team and Business analysts.
- Monitor and track high Priority defects on day-to-day basis, write positive and negative test cases, improve traceability, to reduce project risk and increase the quality of the application
- Prepared test estimation, test plan, functional and regression test suite for project
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects and issues.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
- Performed manual, ad-hoc, functional, integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on the web-based application.
Environment: TSYS.SQL Server, JIRA, MS Excel, HTML, Windows, My Eclipse, Java. TIBCO.
- Involved in Meetings/Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages
- Developed Test Cases and Test Scripts for System and UAT Testing in Quality Center
- Involved in analyzing the requirements and use-cases
- Analyzed Business and System requirements of the application
- Designing and developing test plans and test scripts based on the requirements for manual testing of all modules
- Responsible for User Interface (UI) Testing
- Wrote and executed queries to validate the data shown in the GUI and cross check several reports generated based on several category
- Executed test cases manually to verify the complete functionality of the application as per the requirements
- Wrote and executed complex SQL queries with SQL Joins to extract and validate the data in the database as a part of Back End testing
- Performed ad hoc testing, executed test cases and verified actual results against expected results
- Involved in various documentation tasks such as daily status reports, weekly progress reports, requirements traceability Metrics (RTM) and defect logs
Environment: ASP.Net, SQL server, MS Access, Quality Center
QA Manual Tester
- Analyzing Requirements and writing Test Specifications
- Involved in testing the application manually in the initial stages and in the later stages automated the testing process.
- Used Test director for requirements management, planning, scheduling, and running tests cases bug reporting in rational Clear Quest and documenting test director report.
- Manually tested the application as per requirement.
- Responsible for Functional, Regression testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Carried out parallel tests and batch tests in WinRunner using TestDirector.
- Used database check points in test script to check databases and detect defects.
- Developed synchronization points to solve anticipated timing problems between the test and the application.
- Involved in test database design, developed and executed SQL statements.
- Developed an intranet website which maintains testing data and documentation.
- Performed functional, load, Integration, regression testing, User Acceptance testing, End to End testing.
- Defect tracking, defect reporting, analyzing results and documentation.
- Regularly followed up with development team to discuss identified defects during testing
- Interact with users in investigate issues related to Quality Assurance
- Involved in Validating Requirements to generate test scripts
- Provided support to Production Support team
- Involved in submitting Bug Report Used resource Rational Clear Quest to list problems for different modules.
Environment: VB.Net, HTML, Oracle9i, Unix (AIX), MercurySuite8.0 (TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner), Rational Clear Quest, SQL, PL/SQL