- 8 + years of Professional experience in Manual testing on Web based, Client/Server and Data Warehousing applications, ETL Testing, Mainframe Testing and Business Intelligence processes .
- Experience using query tools for querying various RDBMS like Oracle 12c/11g, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Teradata and DB2 to validate business reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Experienced working in both SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile and building Agile Test Processes .
- Experience in integration of various data sources such as flat files, ASCII, EBCDIC files, legacy data, and heterogeneous RDBMS.
- Proficient in Functional, Exploratory, Regression, System, Integration, SIT, Smoke, Sanity, Negative, Black box, Security, Usability and compatibility Testing during the various phases of the development of the application.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse, Data Migration and Data Integrations Projects and performed ETL/ELT data flow testing .
- Experienced in working with Business Users, Business Analysts, IT leads and Developers in identifying and gathering Business requirements to further translate requirements into functional and technical design specifications.
- Basic knowledge on analyzing Hadoop cluster and different Big Data analytic tools including Pig, Hive, HBase database and SQOOP.
- Involved in Reports testing Validated the data derived in the target table is adhering to the standards and business rules. Played major role in Test Data Creation and Maintenance. Verified if there are any downstream impacts in the warehouse.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ralph Kimball’s data modeling concepts including Dimensional Data Modeling and Star/Snowflake Schema Modeling.
- Excellent Domain Knowledge in Financial, Banking, Telecom and Healthcare with Treasury Experience.
- Has expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Excellent knowledge of Test management and defect tracking using HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, TFS, Rally.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio, SSIS .
- Good experience in Microstrategy, Cognos and Business Objects for report testing.
- Expertise in Testing complex Business rules by creating mapping and various transformations.
- Experience in testing Flat & XML files and validating the data loaded into staging tables.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors. Coordinated testing efforts and effectively managed with Onshore - Offshore teams.
- Excellent Analytical, Decision-making and Organizational Skills along with effective Interpersonal and Communication.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows (NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 10), Macintosh, MS-DOS
Programming languages: C/C++, SQL, PL/SQL
Database systems: MySQL, Oracle 12c/11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008, Teradata, DB2
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Navigator, Toad for DB2/Oracle, SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant
Defecttracking/Test management software: JIRA, HPALM 11.0/HP Quality center 10.0, TFS, Rally
ETL Tools: DataStage, Informatica 9.6/9.1, Ab Initio GDE & Co>op 2.14, SSIS
BI Tools: SSRS, Tableau, Microstrategy 9.2.1, OBIEE 12.x, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau
Package: MS Office (Word,Excel,Power Point, Outlook, Acces)
Confidential, BOSTON, MA
- Responsible for writing Test plan, Test scripts and created Test cases based on BRD/Mapping docs etc.
- Performed Functional Testing and Back-end Testing using the database comparable results Manually and repared test summary reports.
- Coordinated the DEV team to Finalized the stores and validate in tax returns changes in SMART system and send details to Treasury and FAA team for their validations and assist on a Treasury Project.
- Tested the messages published by Informatica and data loaded into various databases
- Tested the data load process using the Informatica Power Center 9.6.
- Generated/Tested reports using free-hand SQL which had complex Business Logics for testing environment.
- Was involved in analyzing scope of Testing the application. Created test cases and test scripts for SIT .
- Loading Flat file Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA team and accomplished tasks for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
- Created the test data for interpreting positive/negative results during functional testing.
- The reports that were created in Business Objects were tested by running the SQL statements against the tables in the Oracle Database.
- Used HP ALM 11.0 for Bug Reports and Defect Tracking.
- Involved in weekly Defect review meetings and performed Risk Analysis based on Defect Severity and Priority.
- Developed test scenarios for testing Enterprise Data warehouse and Credit Data Mart data in Oracle Environment.
- Worked on Informatica DVO (D ata V alidation Option) tool to validate the data accurately.
- Wrote SQL scripts in TOAD for Oracle and Teradata SQL Assistant for Teradata
- Worked autonomously within a team of Data Analysts, to analyze, review, update, edit, clean, translate and ensure accuracy of customer data.
- Performed the functional testing, integration testing, system testing and regression testing on the application thoroughly executing the manual/automation (QTP) testing scripts/test cases.
- Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Performed System Integration Testing and Integration Testing between different modules.
- Heavily involved in interacting with UNIX Shell scripts.
- Performed data validation and preparation of test data in UNIX environment using various UNIX commands and editors.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Developed the Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases for the entire module of Data mart.
- Ran test cases for the warehouse in Oracle.
- Worked with drill down, prompts, hierarchies, calculations, formulas, sorts, drop down list, breaks etc. in reporting and validated the same.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Business Objects.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0, Informatica 9.6, SSRS, Teradata, Oracle 12c, UNIX, SAP Business Objects, QTP, UFT, SQL, Agile, DVO, Toad for Oracle, MS Office, XML
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Created test cases and test plans for user acceptance testing and system testing based on functional specifications.
- Tested all the ETL processes developed for fetching data from OLTP systems to the target Market Data warehouse using complex SQL queries.
- Tested PL/SQL procedures that were developed to load the data from temporary tables in staging to target tables in the data warehouse
- Tested the ETL with XML as source and tables in the data warehouse as target.
- Provided support to offshore QA team by giving them knowledge transfer and helping them with closure of the defects.
- Used Datastage as an ETL Tool for Developing the Data Warehouse.
- Performed data validation on the flat files that were generated in UNIX environment using UNIX commands as necessary.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata.
- Tested customized and OBIEE reports with Metrics and Filters for Business analysis using Desktop intelligence with features of Drilling options drill up, drill down and drill anywhere .
- Wrote Automation test cases and executed it according to the application.
- Wrote very complex SQL to validate several BI Reports. Involved in testing data migration.
- Created test cases and test scripts for SIT and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading process, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica Power Center and Informatica MDM .
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Tested the XMLs feeds received from another source which is a third party for data consistency.
- Performed the functional testing, integration testing, system testing and regression testing on the application thoroughly executing the manual/automation testing scripts/test cases.
- Performed Mainframe testing with Mainframe sources.
- Tracked defects to closure by coordinating with the dev team.
- Tested source data for data completeness, data correctness and data integrity.
- Performed End to end testing starting from the source to the report.
- Executed SQL queries for validation of data and used TOAD for SQL Server to write SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes
- Tested Complex Reports in OBIEE functionalities like Slice and Dice Drill down Functions Cross Tabs Master/Detail and Formulae
- Conducted and coordinated integration testing and regression testing.
- Participated in business requirements gathering and in modifications of the requirements based on the scope
- Worked with the DATA team to understand the source to target mapping document and accordingly helped them to clean the source data to decrease the defects and to ensure that final data matches with the data warehouse standards.
- Prepared test data to cover all the test scenarios.
- Maintained all the test cases in HP ALM and logged all the defects into the defects module.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, HP Quality Center/ALM, Tableau, UAT, Oracle 11g, QTP, MDM, OBIEE, Java, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Teradata, TOAD, MS Office, Unix, SOAP UI, XML, SQL Developer
Confidential, FOSTER CITY, CA
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Clearly communicated and documented test results and defect resolutions during all phases of testing.
- Simulated several production cycles. Worked with data validation, constraints, record counts, and source to target, row counts, random sampling and error processing.
- Performed Testing, Data Integrity Testing and end to end testing
- Involved in Developing Test Plans and Developed Test Cases/Test Strategy with input from the assigned Business Analysts
- Involved in testing of source for data completeness from different data sources like Oracle/SQL Server.
- Worked with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and performance.
- Used Microstrategy tool reporting and data analysis of data stored in relational database, multi dimensional and flat files.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases.
- Worked on profiling the data for understanding the data in source and mapping document.
- Written PL/SQL procedure and functions to test certain patterns in data and then to update the data as per business rules
- Tested database & UNIX Scripts needed to meet the system requirements.
- Optimized SQL queries for better performance during testing.
- Tested several business reports including Score Cards, KPI's, Summarized, Master-Detailed and Drill Down reports developed by Microstrategy
- Performed day to day migrations of various Informatica objects using export-import option for testing of new functionality
- Written several UNIX scripts for invoking data reconciliation.
- Involved in extensive data validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Prepared and ran regression scripts, shell scripts and performed sanity tests and end-end testing.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Tableau, HP Quality Center 10.0, XML, QTP, UFT, UNIX, Data Centric Oracle 11g, DataStage, Microstrategy, DB2, SQL Navigator
- Review the functional requirements and ensure the testability, SOX compliance for the same
- Developed the test strategy for ensuring QA of Pinnacle points advance reporting
- Review the mapping documents and develop test cases and test scripts accordingly
- Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records from Source to Target and validated the referential integrity, Time variance, Missing records, and Nulls/Defaults/Trim spaces rules as per the design specifications.
- Written complex SQL queries for several business scenarios to validate the data across source and target system
- Validate the data being transformed via (ETL) Ab Initio
- Developed SQL queries to verify the data loaded into the target tables.
- Work as part of the team in execution and defect life cycle process
- Develop QA progress reports, bug reports, analyze risks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Responsible for coordinating off-shore and On-shore Test resources.
- Performed Unit, Integration, and Regression and UAT Test phases.
- Tracked QA process, reported defects and status of the defects in HP Quality center 10.0.
Environment: SSRS, HP QC/ALM, UAT, Ab Initio, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle 10g, JIRA, Teradata SQL Assistant, Cognos