- Experienced Senior Automation Test Engineer professional with 8+ years of experience in all the phases of SDLC &Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Developed Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium. Skilled in BDD with Cucumber, Mobile Testing, API Testing with various testing technologies and automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI, Appium& current QA methodologies.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Insurance, Retail Banking, Healthcare.
- Experience in working with Software Development (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) models - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SoapUI, Cucumber, Appium, TestNG, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, and DOM in creating automation scripts.
- Developed selenium synchronization using conditional (Implicit, Explicit) unconditional wait conditions.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks such as Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, and Page Object Model.
- Experience in configuring application framework by processing excel spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Used TestNG Annotations in selenium WebDriver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Performed cloud testing using Sauce labs.
- Performed web service testing on Rest Web services using Postman Tool using Java Script.
- Experience on using AutoIT to upload and download the files for windows application.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Automated and scheduled Build using continuous integration tool Jenkins Server at a periodic interval.
- Used Apache POI to read Test data from Excel sheet and used TestNG DataProvider to map Test data to Test methods.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility whether existing functionality is broken using Jenkins build jobs.
- Conversant with Ant and Maven project build tools.
- Created LoadRunner scenarios and scheduled the Virtual Users to generate realistic load on the server using LoadRunner.
- Responsible for developing and modifying automated test scripts using Load Runner.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP Quality Center, Rally, JIRA bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Involved in executing SQL queries to conduct data Integrity testing and used JDBC connections.
- Uploaded and configured WADL file to SOAPUI and JMeter applications to test the web services application.
- Executed web services testing using SOAPUI tool for Soap and Rest Web services.
- Used Appium for mobile testing of Android mobile apps.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, TestNG Testing, Appium, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web/UI and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Excellent inter personal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Designed Data-Driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Packages, Collections and many more.
- Expertise in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, QC, QTP, Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma, Soap, Restful.
Operating Systems: WINDOWS, Linux, Ubuntu, UNIX.
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Confidential, Burbank, California
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Test for 100% coverage and accuracy in calculations determining premium rates.
- Worked on the JAVA Collections API for handling the data objects between the business layers and the front end.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery, generate metrics for analyzing and identifying improvement area.
- Involved in Test Effort estimation for upcoming and present releases.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, and Regression testing of different modules of the application.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- I contributed to various models of framework such as BDD, DDF,TDD,ATDD AND KDF.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Test complex scenarios for policy lapse and revivals.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Functional testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing was performed during the project.
- UI validation which included various kinds of elements and functionalities was required.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Selenium Screenshots.
- Involved in grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Used AutoIt for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle Server.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAPUI Tool.
- Wrote Features, Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Protractor webdriverjs.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Designed Data-Driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Technology: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Apache POI, AutoIT, Java, HTML, CSS, XPath, Windows, Oracle Server, Maven, GIT, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Appium, Jenkins, Restful, Protractor.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Prepared Test Cases and involved in the Test Data creation.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Create and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data.
- Executes test cases related to Mouse Hover using Actions class and find hidden elements using XPath, frames and windows classes.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing using Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers.
- Performed Synchronization while testing using Selenium waits.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and created the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Found Defects, prepare Defect reports and Status reporting, Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Rally.
- Share Daily Status Report with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Executed some test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites, groups.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Involved in the enhancement of Hybrid framework using Eclipse and Java.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI for to check the communication between devices over networks.
- Designed Analytics testing for Native apps using Appium.
- Used Ant as Build Management tool and used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Created test cases and performed Database testing to check the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Conducted Conflict Management meetings with the team, stakeholders for the better-quality outcomes.
Technology: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Ant, Jenkins, SOAPUI, GitHub, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, Manual Testing, Windows, Java, Rally.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration and Data Requirements.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Selenium.
- Developed and executed automated scripts using Selenium, Python, PyCharm for a different application to make sure that the products meet design specifications and are according to the standard policies.
- Developed Python scripts for Regression testing in PyCharm.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and cross browser testing.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Python, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts and logged defects in JIRA.
- Used GIT repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Python using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins, Python to execute on new builds, create and automatically report the results.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
Technology: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Python, Eclipse, Manual Testing, Data Driven Framework, Page Object Model Pattern, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Fire bug, Fire Path.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel using Apache POI.
- Parallel, Cross Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data from Oracle.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and Project Manager regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
Technology: Java, Selenium IDE/Web Driver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, REST, TESTNG, Manual Testing, HTML, Java Script, JQuery, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, Agile Methodology SQL, Oracle.
- Review web based application and identify critical functionalities.
- Experience in the Waterfall environment and contributed in the Requirement Analysis, Test Design, Development & Maintaining automated test scripts.
- Created and executed Test Cases manually as well as verified the actual results based on expected results.
- Executing Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver for Regression Testing and analyzing the Test results.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and End to End Testing.
- Reviewed the Use case and Business requirement documents (BRD) for Functional testing.
- Proficient in Functional Testing tool Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT)and the various frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage.
- Clearly communicated defects with developers and updated comments in QC.
- Documented and reported all found defects in Quality Center.
- Effectively implemented QA methodologies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC
- Communicated with developers to discuss about the defects found in the system.
Technology: Automation Testing, Manual Testing, QTP, VBScripts.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Worked in waterfall methodology.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
Technology: Manual Testing, HP Quality Center, MS Excel, Waterfall.