- Over 12 + years of experience as a QA Analyst with good experience in Quality Assurance Processes with expertise in Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Cross - Browser and User Acceptance testing.
- Expertise in QA Methodologies, Test Strategies, Test Metrics and Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ).
- Experience in analyzing the User/Business Requirements and Functional specifications documents.
- Experience in Black Box testing, totally focused on the testing for requirements and functionality of the work product/software application.
- Expertise in testing various Client/Server and Web based applications both manually and using the testing tools like QTP, Selenium.
- Hands on experience in Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) Models. Extensive experience in JIRA for project management.
- Expertise in writing Test cases, Test scripts, Test plan formulation and User, Business, System requirement analysis and profound working knowledge in defect tracking tools like Quality Center and JIRA.
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries for all databases including Oracle and SQL Server.
- Excellent in developing SQL queries for backend testing andused UNIX to verify data in log file and for debugging.
- Strong working experience in Data Analysis and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL).
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills with track record of successful task completion under tight deadlines.
Confidential, SanRamon, CA
Sr QA Engineer
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements,Worked closely with BA in order to understand the User-Stories to write/create test plans, testcases and Functional testing document
- Worked on writing functional test cases, automating them by using Selenium keyword driven framework for ICDL UI.
- Involved in developing RESTful web service in order to populate data for ICDL UI
- Used JIRA extensively to track and test the user stories and filed bugs in agile environment.
- Validate the UI values with the oracle database by querying them and compare the result
- Worked closely with the UI development team to effectively test the environment in Predix platform.
- Worked in AGILE methodology and complete the assigned stories on time
Sr QA EngineerResponsibilities:
- Worked on creating NGD test cases and executing them in SOAP UI to validate the NGD orchestration.
- Run Prodaps orchestration by using the internal tool and validate the result with Confidential team.
- Tested Analytic Handler, Asset data Handler, AssetDataSynchronisation by using SOAP UI.
- Modified existing web service in order to run through all the Analytics. Tested End-End workflow of all the orchestrations and created the reports. Load and maintain all the ICDL related Orchestrations in PREDIX platform
- Maintain NGD & OILFDP Orchestration in order to create an alert which is based upon the threshold limit for a parameters, filed bugs in JIRA and tracked the work flow.
- Deployed nightly build in QA environmentbiweekly and worked with build team to test end - end orchestration workflow.Deployed ICDL services build in Test environment by using Python scripting.
- Check the application server log(DSP) if there is any exceptions thrown
Environment: Java, J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, PREDIX, OSGi, RabbitMQ, OpenJPA, JIRA, UNIX, Oracle10g, SQL Developer, Selenium Web driver, Soap UI, python
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Responsible for creating functional, performance test cases .Used Quality Center to log and track defects.
- Used Toad to select, update, insert data using SQL query on Oracle Database.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements and Functional design documents, and derived Test cases from them.
- Created test scripts necessary to execute UAT and regression testing. Recorded and executed Test scripts manually using Selenium.
- Used Firefox browser to installSelenium IDE to test the application.
- Extensively involved in writing the Test cases and Test scripts to perform Manual and Automation testing.
- Worked extensively in Agile/Scrum Environment.
- Developed and maintained automated regression testcases in Selenium Webdriver using Java Programming language.
- Agile practices: Continuous integration, Collective ownership, Iterations.
- Documented acceptance Criteria tests to accept the new build.
- Involved in UAT testing and interacted with the client.
- Wrote SQL Scripts to query the Oracle and DB2 database tables.
- Prepared UAT test strategy documents, UAT test case.
- Performed and documented Acceptance criteria Tests.
- Created Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data in accordance with Software requirement specifications.
- Trouble Shoot all Over night Test results for team as well as personal test failures.
Environment: Selenium webdriver, SQL, Quality Center, Oracle, DB2
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Reviewed the Business Requirements document with the business Analyst and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Performed Business functionality testing, which involved testing of all core functions of the application.
- Created Test cases for functionality and automated the bug free test cases for Regression Testing.
- Using test specs and test frames created, automated the test cases and Performed different types of Testing like Build verification, Integration, System, Regression testing.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium.
- Developed Test Scenarios for each cycle based on system functionality.
- Verified the data in the Oracle 9i tables as part of Database Testing on database by utilizing SQL queries.
- Involved in maintaining and updating automation scripts for every release based on business changes and new functionality.
- Identified and isolated software defects and reported them via JIRA.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report, Comparison Chart.
- Worked with development team to ensure testing issues are resolved
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with developers and business analysts
- Created Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Expected Results and Prioritized tests.
- Responsible for writing Test Case Design, and Test Performance documents, using Quality Center 9.2
- Involved in Regression Testing,application testing using Selenium
- Worked on UAT Team and Prepared Test Cases, Documents, Tested UAT Script
- Used Selenium IDE for open source web testing.
- Created changes in objects, tested application GUI in Selenium Environment
- Performed database testing by executing the SQL Queries to extract data from the tables.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center,MS Office,Oracle
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Created Test Scenarios based upon the Conditions derived from the Business requirements collected from the Business Users.
- Wrote the Test Cases based upon the Scenarios and attended the Test Case Review meetings conducted by the Requirements Team.
- Created Test Data by going through all the business scenarios and rules applicable for the project.
- Analyzed production issues and provided workarounds and solutions in very short deadlines.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of each Testing phase.
- Designed Automation framework and prepared design documentation for the test automation.
- Regression testing for every modification in the application & new builds using Selenium
- Recorded and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Involved inSecurity Testing to test how well the system protects against unauthorized internal or external access for each system roles.
- Involved as part of automation team for running test scripts in Selenium.
- Responsible for Verification of the Fixation of bugs, conclusion of the resolved bugs, report new bugs and submit weekly bug reports to project management
Environment: Selenium, Test Director, Toad, MS Visio, MS Office 2003, J2EE, Oracle.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Worked closely with the development team, management and the QA team.
- Created a Backend testing plan and written SQL queries to validate the user input.
- Reported bug using Test Director and tracked the bug repair status.
- Participated in Conference calls and meeting.
- Involved in design issues and tracking change in the requirement.
- Performed Integrationtesting both manually and automated using QTP .
Environment: QTP, Test Director, SQL server
- Interacted with the Developers on a daily basis to discuss the Requirement Specifications.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), created test plans and prepared detailed test cases.
- Involved in testing various HTML pages using Win Runner.
- Automated Test cases using Win Runner.
- Performed integration testing, Regression testing and System testing using Win Runner.
- Performed Regression testing after modifying the changes for each Build using Win Runner.
- Created User Defined Functions to enhance the maintainability of scripts.
- Identified and documented the defects using Test Director.
- Involved in thorough Compatibility Testing of the site on different browsers.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to perform backend database testing.
Environment: WinRunner7.0,Test Director, Development on Windows 2000 and deployment on Solaris 9. Oracle 9i, Junit
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Implement program using AJAX APIs and develop web search
- Wrote the SQL Queries and tested them.
- Test and report product issues with the application and fix and verify them.
- Design and execute test scripts to validate the application for regression and usability.
- Interact with developers, test architects and other team members.