- 6+years of experience in both manual and automation testing for Windows, Web, Dot Net, Mainframe and Java applications.
- An in - depth understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in testing Client/Server Applications, N-Tier, e-Business Applications and Web Technologies using test products Quick Test Professional (QTP) / Unified Functional Testing (UFT), TestComplete, Selenium Web driver and IDE
- Experienced in performing GUI Testing, Ad-hoc, Functionality Testing, Integrated Testing, Regression Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Smoke Testing, Back End Testing and Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in Defect Management using Test Director/ Quality Center/ALM/Clear Quest/Rally.
- Experienced in managing the testing process using ALM/Quality Center/Test Director/RQM/Rally.
- Experienced in Back-end testing, data validation and data integrity testing using SQL Quires.
- Experienced in testing applications on various databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Involved in creation of Recovery Scenarios and Error Handling using VBScript and JScript.
- Usage of the automation concept like code reusability, modularity and scalability through creation and maintenance of function libraries, Shared Object Repositories and Reusable Actions.
- Excellent knowledge in scripts enhancement process using Synchronization, Parameterization, Checkpoints, and Regular Expressions.
- Experienced is developing Data-driven, Keyword-driven and Hybrid Framework during the automation process.
- Experienced in Debugging process while creating automation scripts.
- Capable of conducting code reviews and ensure Automation project documentation and Project Scripts meet and adhere to Automation standards.
- Experienced in working / coordinating QA efforts with offshore resources.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self starter, quick learner, team player.
- Experienced in interacting with different clients and giving proper support for continued business opportunities.
Automation Testing Tools: UFT/QTP, Test Complete 10.5, Selenium (IDE, Web Driver), Ready API (SoapUI)
Agile Testing Tools: Rally, HP ALM/ QC, Test Director
Waterfall Testing Tools: Clear Quest, RQM, ReqPro, HP ALM/ QC, Test Director
Subversion and continuous integration Tools: Jenkins, TortoiseSVN, Git/GitHub
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra
OSs: UNIX, LINUX, Windows
Confidential, Germantown, MD
Sr. Test Engineer
- Involved in the process of setting up the Test Environment for automation routine.
- Automated test cases using Test Complete/Selenium/ReadyAPI tools.
- Performed cross-browser testing in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer using TestComplete/Selenium Web driver.
- Conducted Automation / manual testing using the standard guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Performed testing consuming existing Java frameworks.
- Automated multiple scenarios using command line terminal (bash shell scripting)
- Used Rally to create Use Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Cases and defects for Agile projects.
- Used RQM to create Use Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Cases and defects for Waterfall projects
- Reported bugs using bug tracking tool Clear Quest, Rally and BugZilla.
- Provided detailed test reports for tested products to Test Manager on daily and weekly basis.
- Created different (negative and positive) test scenarios for requirements.
- Involved in testing using SIT, FQT and DEV environments
- Involved in daily scrum calls with the scrum master for Agile Project.
- Participated in application development process with developers and product owners
- Occupied a Lead position on multiple projects
- Participated as a member of the Hiring team
- Participated as a member of the Automation Code Review team
Environment: RQM, Clear Quest, Jenkins, TortoiseSVN, Test Complete, SOAP UI/Ready API, Eclipse (Web driver), Rally, ReqPro, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, XML, JAVA, Shell scripting, MobaxTerm, DataStax DevCenter.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
QA Analyst-Automation Tester
- Involved in reviewing and analyzing the Requirement documents for the application.
- Responsible for making Business Process mapping documents to make team understand are being followed and what/how systems are linked.
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Regression, System, UAT, Interface, Integration, and Backend Testing.
- Created, executed tests; generated the test reports and created graphs using ALM/Quality Center.
- Prepared Tool Mentor documentation & PowerPoint presentation of ALM/Quality Center for the client and for the team members.
- Used ALM/Quality Center to communicated defects encountered during Regression Test and followed-up with developers until all issues were resolved.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database changes.
- Developed and automated test scripts consuming Data Driven Framework created with VB Script.
- Applied different types of checkpoints during functional testing on the web/client applications
- Implemented Descriptive Programming and scripts enhancement using Parameterization, Synchronization and Regular Expressions.
- Participated in design sessions and provided feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems.
Environment: UFT/QTP, ALM/Quality Center, Oracle, Toad, Sql Server, Microsoft Office, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
- Analyzed the business and technical requirements and developed the Test scenarios.
- Wrote the High level test scenarios for the application.
- Involved in writing the Test plan and Test Cases based on Functional requirements, High level Design documents and low level design documents.
- Involved in whole SDLC (software Development Life Cycle) of the application by doing Integration, smoke, Functional, Regression, System and User acceptance testing.
- Performed cross browser testing by testing the application compatibility.
- Involved in creation of the Requirements Traceability Matrix with all testable scenarios.
- Created Test Design using Quality Center.
- Tracked and reported defects to liable departments.
- Performed Database testing.
- Created and managed QTP Test Scripts based on the Requirements and Scenarios.
- Created modular and scalable functions to make them re-usable across multiple scripts.
- Experienced in creation of Keyword and Data driven frameworks.
- Participated in Design Planning and Test Scope Estimations.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, SQL Server, Apache Tomcat Server, JEE, Windows, MySQL, Oracle and MS-Office.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
ETL QA Tester
- Involved in preparing Test Plans and Test cases based on the business requirements Document in the Quality Center.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Teradata and Flat Files using sql assistant.
- Extensively used Data Stage for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Involved in writing the test cases based on Requirements, Executing the test cases, Defect Reporting.
- Involved in writing Test Scripts for Manual Testing.
- Opened Defects in Quality Center and tracked the status until defect is closed.
- Logged and Tracked the Defects in Quality Center.
- Involved in the development of RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) for completeness and correctness of the Testing process.
- Good experience in Web security testing.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries
- Involved in Regression Testing to test whether defects reported are resolved and verifying for the side effects of resolved defects.
- Writen SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Involved in Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing.
- Actively participated in Review meetings along with development and test teams for discussion of Requirement changes and Rejected and deferred defects.
- Involved in backend testing for the front end of the application using SQL Queries in Teradata data base
- Tested several Data stage ETL jobs and ran on UNIX for loading purpose and checking the log files
- Involved in writing SQL scripts and analyzing PL/SQL scripts for effective Data validation.
- Involved in Preparation of Test data based on the Requirements.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Involved in Documentation of Test Scenario’s, Test Cases, and Test Scripts for future enhancements.
- Performed the execution of the test cases to verify the expected results.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, PL/SQL, DB2, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata V2R6, Data Stage, Java, J2EE, XML, SQL, SOAPUI AGILE, Web Services, PL/SQL, Windows 2000/XP, Toad, Cognos 7.1 Series
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Extensively used T-SQL to verify and validate the data loaded to the SQL Server 2005
- Worked with T-SQL for validating the SQL Server 2000 data.
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL Testing scripts for Backend Testing of the data warehouse application
- Worked with leadership team to analyze current SDLC process and recommended process improvements.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security
- As a Lead, was involved in weekly status, following up the development as well as the business /Testing teams, re-scoping project planning.
- Metadata graphs from legacy source system to target database fields and involved in creating Ab Initio DMLs
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE. And Used Teradata SQL Assistant for Querying Teradata
- Analyzed and verified the flat, Mainframe IMS and xml data using Ab Initio Data Profiler.
- Different Ab Initio components especially are used effectively to develop and maintain the database
- Extraction, Transaction and Loading was done using different Components and different expressions using Ab Initio to create test data.
- Submitted Status and Test Evaluation Reports to Test Lead on daily basis and constantly updated test deliverables.
- Utilized Test Director/Quality Center for Tracking and Reporting Defects, which are assigned to developers. Designed and developed Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases in HP Quality Center and executed them.
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries
- Worked on issues with Data migration from development to testing.
- The reports that were created in Business Objects were testing by running the SQL statements against the tables in the Oracle Database
- Involved in creating the design and technical specifications for the ETL process of the project.
- Prepared extensive set of validation test cases to verify the data
- Written several UNIX Shell Scripts for cleanup, logging, file manipulation and transferring the files.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Involved in Functional testing, End to End testing and Regression Testing
- Involved in Front to Back testing for all European and Asia pacific and North Atlantic exchanges
- Preparing and supporting the QA and UAT test environments
Environment: Ab Initio, Teradata V2R5, (GDE 1.14, Co>Op 2.14), J2EE 1.4, HP Quality Center9.2, SSIS, SSRS, XML, SQL, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, IBM AIX 5.1, SOAPUI AGILE, Web Services, Business Objects XIR2/6.5, UNIX, Korn Shell Scripting, Windows, Influx and Test Director 8