- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Testing of web client/server and web services applications using Manual and Automation Test Tools.
- 2+ years of experience in Java development for preparing testing scripts.
- Experience in UI Automation by using Selenium Web Driver, Java, SOAP UI testing, Database SQL Testing, Web application testing.
- Expertise in software engineering methodologies of SDLC like Waterfall/Agile and SCRUM
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all phase with major responsibilities.
- Experience in API testing, front end, Backend, black box testing.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test features and scenarios for TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Extensive experience in using mechanisms as CSS, XPath expression, HTML id and name to find the web elements.
- Worked extensively with Jmeter, created scripts and ran performance tests and created reports.
- Conducted Sanity testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Load testing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Performed continuous integration automation using JENKINS and scheduled the tests to run at specific time and to email the reports of the status of the build.
- Designed and Developed Automation frameworks in Junit and TestNG.
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in selenium Web Driver
- Implemented frameworks like Page Object Model(POM), Hybrid, Keyword Driven and Data driven Frameworks
- Expertise in generating Test logs using Log4J for various log levels
- Used Selenium screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging.
- Controlled the flow of execution of methods using TestNG annotations.
- Expertise in problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like Quality Center, BugZilla and JIRA
- Performed Back - End testing ensuring data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Strong Experience in using versioning tools/ repositories SVN, GIT
- Experience in managing and coordinating withoffshore/onsite test team and working closely with Project team in Agile Methodology
- Involved in developing automation frameworks using Protractor.
- Generated (TSL) Test Scripts and validating the scripts using Synchronization point.
- Web Service testing (SOAP) (SOAP and RESTFUL) using SOAPUI
- Ability to achieve targets and deliver results in a high-pressure environment
- Proactive and analytical problem solver with strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills; also has good client interaction and team skills.
- Expertise in diverse domain technologies like Banking, Insurance, Healthcare.
- Dynamic working with Business Analyst, Developers, Product team and client Support teams budget for great product quality.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, QC, QTP
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo DB
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Mobile Testing Tools: Perfecto, Appium
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD),developed Test cases and Test scripts for application under test.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Selenium.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and cross browser testing.
- Design, developed and implemented Data Driven and Hybrid Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and have implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Used Several TestNG Annotations to take advantage of test lifecycle.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html Ids to identify elements.
- Experienced in Apache POI Jar for reading Excel file using Java IO operations.
- Used Auto IT for uploading and downloading the files.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Tested Mobile web applications in various Mobile browsers (In-house developed Simulator) in QA environment.
- Involved in Testing Mobile client applications on platforms such as iPhone, Classic phones. In UAT environment.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML.
- Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Created Scenarios using Cucumber and tested in BDD.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Used JIRA as a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software.
- Used GIT as Version Control Tool for maintaining code in the repository.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Run Defect Triaging and review the Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases with Project Team.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of test cases according to requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language, MAVEN and TestNG.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Developed Keyword Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and Oracle Databases.
- Identified the correct GUI web elements uniquely by using diverse types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver, used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Identified IFrames in the web application to test the nested images, banners and other embedded web pages in it.
- Integrated with TestNG to perform Cross Browser Testing using parallel processing, groups and annotations.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG and generated tests using Log4j in various output targets.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Executed Load Runner/Jmeter scenarios based on complex business scenarios with different monitors for Stress testing, Scalability testing, and Load testing.
- Participated in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Monitored the jobs which could be SVN checkout using Jenkins. Used Jenkins for Change Support to generate the list of all changes done to the repository, for Email integration to email the content of the status of the build.
- Performed browser compatibility testing
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and executed the daily regression test suites
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Quality center(QC)
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, Java, Web Services, SOAP, Quality Center, AGILE, Rally, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, UNIX/LINUX, MS Word
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements, Specifications Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated in Requirement Specification Meetings (RSD) to understand the application's functional requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows and test procedures.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Scripted Tests and automated using Selenium IDE / Selenium WebDriver at OS level for User Interface (UI).
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using ApachePOI.Used AutoIt to access Windows UI.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on distinct types of browsers.
- Used Quality Center to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Executed Batch files using Selenium.
- Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each transaction using Selenium.
- Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity, data validation and data design.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Cucumber, Auto It, Apache POI, Linux, Oracle, SQL, Quality Center, SVN, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, system Integration Testing, User acceptance testing, Database testing and Regression testing. Performed black Box testing of applications
- Quality Center was used as the overall Test Management Tool, where scripts were located and stored under respective Project Folders.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Performed Defect tracking in QC. Defects were linked via traceability to specific test case.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging.
- Making sure that no new defects are introduced into the system with bug fixes using regression testing.
- Coordinated with other dependent project members while integration testing.
- Provided support to business while User Acceptance Testing.
- Designed test cases and executed test cases as per business requirements.
- Analyzed defects and reported to concerned team members based on priority, severity.
- Involved in peer reviews of test cases.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Used JMeter to perform load testing.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL for Data retrieval in Back End Testing.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
Environment:: Quality Center, Windows, SQL, CSS, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, HTML.Confidential
- Involved in identifying the manual test cases for automation.
- Involved in preparing Test data based on business functions.
- Executing Test Scripts in QC tool for Regression Testing and analyzing the Test results.
- Finding and reporting defect in defect tracking tool Quality Center.
- Involved in giving daily and weekly status reports to clients.
- Involving in resolving valid issues and queries.
- Involved in creating Test metrics.
- Used Quality Center defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed diverse types of testing like Functionality, system, regression and Retesting.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the requirement document.
Environment: QC, SQL Server, HTML, Manual Testing, XML, SQL Developer, Windows, MS Excel