- 8 years of experience in analysing, reviewing and understanding Business/Functional requirements and skilled in writing Test Plans, Test Scripts, creating Tes t Scenarios, analysing and preparing result summary reports. Experience in developing, documenting, and executing test cases manually as well as generating automated scripts for TDD, BDD, API Testing, Mobile Testing using Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI while serving clients in various domains such as Insurance, Financial, Banking and Telecommunication.
- Expertise in various aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle including Requirements Analysis, Test Planning, Test Execution and Maintenance.
- Strong expertise in life cycle methodologies like Waterfall, Agile Models and STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) methodology.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and automation tools which include Selenium RC/IDE/WebDriver/Grid, Quality Center, Cucumber, Appium, Jenkins, SOAP UI and TestNG.
- Experience in a black box, grey box and automation testing using Selenium - TestNG and POM on web and client applications.
- Experience in developing a framework for Functional Test Automation using Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management such as Maven, ANT.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Perforce, Subversion (SVN) and Git.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Jenkins for a nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in creating Cucumber BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) framework and automating BDD scenarios in Eclipse using Java.
- Experienced in automating web services like SOAP and REST using Java and Groovy.
- Developed Hybrid framework from scratch using Selenium Web Driver.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and ANT for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Used Log4j to maintain Log files and debugging of automation scripts and web applications.
- Experience in dealing with Ajax requests in Selenium Web Driver using Synchronisation.
- Proficient in implementing test automation for Handling pop-up windows and Alerts using WebDriver and Alert class.
- Experience in using Accessing F orms, tables, links, Keyboard & Mouse E v e n t s, Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in using testing frameworks like TestNG and created tests using different annotations like @Before Suite, @Before Method.
- Used Auto IT, R o b o t API tools in automation for Mouse movements, Key Strokes, Window c o n t r ol manipulations and print pop-ups which are not possible using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in testing Mobile Application using Android Studio and Real Devices to test the application using Appium.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources to feed test data sets into the test scripts.
- Experience in using Selenium automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword frameworks.
Testing Genre: Automation, Manual.
Languages/Scripting: Java, HTML, XML, Gherkin, C, RestfulSoap, Python, C#, Java Script.
Databases: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL.
Testing Types: Functional Testing, Regression TestingIntegration Testing, Smoke Testing, API Testing.
Testing Tools: Appium, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Bugzilla, QTP, Eclipse, Manual Testing, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Junit, JMeter, QC.
Source Code Control Tools: SVN, GIT
Methodology: Waterfall, SDLC, Agile/SCRUM, STLC
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX systems
Bug Tracking Tools: RALLY, JIRA
Browsers: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, Safari, Opera
Utilities: Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, Firebug, Fire path
Confidential, Mason, Ohio
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and TestNG Framework.
- Assessed and analysed Agile user stories and participated in developed T e s t S c e narios, Test Cases, Test data, Test reports .
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium WebDriver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations and Mouse M o v e m e n t s .
- Implemented Te s t NG automation framework is that the crucial functions of the application and implemented Regression Te s t to verify the existing functionality.
- Experience in Drag and Drop, Scroll Down, Synchronization, Double click, Checkboxes using Selenium Web Driver .
- Wrote XPath expressions for identifying dynamic o b j e c t s and handled Ajax reque s t s using Synchronisation.
- Worked on TestNG @Data Provider, Parameterization and Data Sets of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data. Used Apache P OI to read excel data les.
- Established connectivity between the J a v a Programming language and a wide range of databases using J D B C.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Used Jira for Defect tracking and project management.
- Wrote test cases to handle Popup windows and Alerts using WebDriver and Alert interface class.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on di erent browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time using Selenium WebDriver, T e s t N G .
- Took the Applications Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Art e f a c t s (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and XPath.
- Used Data Driven framework and e xtracted data from e x ternal Excel les using Apache POI.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Jira as an Agile Management tool.
- Worked on SQL scripts to load data into the tables.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step De nitions in Gherkin format.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Involved in developing feature les using Cucumber, Gh erkin .
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Git, J e n k i n s for improvements and new features.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Involved in Web s e r v i c e s testing using S O AP UI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Testcases Validation.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the o ce.
- Interacted with the development con guration and operations team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Veri ed the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Java , Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins, SoapUI, Soap, Restful HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft O ce, Cucumber, Gherkin, SQL, Eclipse, Maven, TestNG, Agile, Oracle, Git.
Confidential, Dallas TX
Sr. QA Test Engineer
- Using Selenium Web driver to assign data requests within the team.
- Designed different Automation Frameworks like Page Object Model using Selenium Web driver, TESTNG and Jenkins.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Jenkins to build the Project.
- Run script as a batch file through Jenkins and generated testing report.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Modification of java scripts created for automation to accommodate more scenarios.
- Tracking the progress of deliverables on daily basis and providing status to client on daily morning calls.
- Involved in planning during the beginning of every release.
- Ensure smooth delivery of projects by providing accurate data to various teams.
- Reviewing defects and involved in appraisal process and retention meetings of offshore team members
Environment:: Java, Selenium web driver, TestNG, Jenkins, Java scripts
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
- Designed, executed, and maintained Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts using TestNG and Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium IDE and Web Driver & created Data Driven framework.
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Worked with XPath, CSS Selector, Link Text, Tag and Class Names and used tools like Firebug to identify web elements.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status using HP QC defect tracking system.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and executed the daily regression test suites.
- Facilitated weekly team status meetings and created reports related to end to end testing.
Environment:: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Apache POI, HP QC/ALM, SQL, SVN, Maven, Jenkin.
- Tested the Application using Black Box Testing Techniques.
- Created, Updated and Reviewed of Test cases and Test Scenarios
- Participated in reviews and meetings.
- Defect tracked and reported the bugs using QC
- Created Test plan & Script, Defect Management Templates; Created Initial test plan and developed test cases and test scripts manually.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created Test Cases, and Reporting.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans which involved various Test Cases for all assigned module/projects; Review Test Requirements, Creating Test Plans and Test Strategy documents.
- Developed a Defects Tracking Log for the SharePoint Site to track defects while testing.
- Involved in UAT testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium web Driver, Regression testing, functional testing, QA.
- Involved in all the stages of SDLC&STLC like Requirements Specifications, Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated & understood the application's Functional Requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows (End to End) and test procedures. Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG and analyzed Test Results.
- Used Hybrid &Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Testing on different types of browsers.
- Used HP Quality Centre to track defects and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration. Wrote complex SQL Queries on Joins- (Inner join, left join, right join, and Full join).
- Worked on web services testing using SOAPUI on SOAP Protocol, REST Protocol to check the communication between different web services and added assertions such XPath Query, Response SLA, Contains, not contains, Valid HTTP codes, Invalid HTTP Codes.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Web Driver, JAVA, Eclipse, Hybrid and Data Driven Framework, Cucumber, Apache POI, Windows 7, Oracle, SQL, HP Quality Centre, Maven, Jenkins, SnagIt, SOAP UI.