- Around 10 years of total IT experience with 6 years as a dedicated professional JIRA Administrator with an excellent knowledge and background working with such programs as JIRA Agile, JIRA Capture, JIRA Portfolio, JIRA Service Desk, and a large variety of other programs/plugins and 2 years of experience as QA consultant and 1 years as Linux/Unix system admin in various environments.
- Experience in writing Jira API Tools to auto - move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles
- Worked with customers to design and configure the JIRA and Confluence applications (e.g. projects, workflows, screens, fields, permissions, plug-ins)
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting issues with Linux memory, CPU, OS, storage and network
- Proficient in the performance of in-house staff training & recruitment, asset management and control, and report preparations.
- Experience in maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, Crowd etc.
- Experience in Customizing Gardets/Report development using Atlassian SDK and Java
- Rolled out a Service Desk from the scratch and integrated with other tools using Atlassian SDK
- Highly skilled at creating custom build projects, workflows, schemes, etc.
- Good Experience in setting up the Linux environments, Password less SSH, Creating file systems, disabling firewalls, swappiness, Selinux and installing Java.
- Worked with Engineering and Operations teams to show them the new processes, systems and helped to migrate their current processes and work into the new systems.
- Lead many departments’ agile meetings, used JIRA Agile for management of team projects.
- Skilled at being contact point between other departments/management and project teams.
- Capable of managing larger groups of workers, or simultaneously supervising several smaller projects or production teams.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo.
- Skilled at organizing, anticipating, maintaining and directing work flow of project teams.
- Strong skills in managing Red Hat Linux servers, Virtualization (VMware, Red Hat enterprise virtualization preferred), and system security.
- Proven experience with generating and implementing policies and procedures, solving work related and/or personnel related problems of a production department, creating and administrating multi-tier budgets and schedules for several projects and organizations.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Automate the build and deployment of an n-tier enterprise system application with multiple underlying technologies.
- Experience in creating test plans, test strategies, test scripts, managing defects in QC/ALM, Clear Quest and involved in all the phases of SDLC.
- Experience in reporting and tracking defects using QC, ALM, Rational Clear Quest and similar open source tools.
- Hands on experience in performance testing using LoadRunner. Working with technical and non-technical teams across Amazon (AWS).
- Hands on experience in IVR testing for CRM applications, SOAP UI and Web services testing.
- Enterprise Applications with Java/J2EE technologies & developing applications with agile methodology.Adept at working with/managing both internal and external teams/partners
- Accustomed to working in all standard development environments (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and communicate value of new technologies to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills. Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail.
Administrative Level: JIRA, Confluence, Green hopper, Bonfire, RAID, Product Studio
Atlassian products: ConnectALL, Hipcaht, ServiceDesk, Crowd, FishEye, Crucible, Bamboo, SVN, GIT
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, VB.net, ASP.net, C#
Build& Environments: Apache Ant, Maven, Gradle, Visual Build, MS Build, Agile, scrum, waterfall
Database& OS: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows XP, 7, 8, UNIX, MAC, MS DOS,UNIX, HP-UX, Redhat Enterprise, Sun Solaris, iOS, Android
Additional Software: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Cruise Control, SonarQube Team City, Build Forge, Artifactory, Nexus, Cucumber, Xunit, Web Driver
Networking Tools: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Routers/Switches, Cisco WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana (ELK), Graphite and Graphana, CloudWatch, Cloud-trail, Splunk.
ScriptingLanguages: PERL, BASH Shell, Python, VB Script, Batch Script, Groovy.
Automation Tools: HP QTP, Selenium2.0, Selenium web driver, Test NG.
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
- Customized migrated JIRA projects as requested by users, including optimizing workflows, creating custom calculated fields to support reporting needs, and managing gadgets/widgets.
- Work with individuals and teams to optimize JIRA workflow functionality as it relates to the team's processes as well as provide companywide visibility.
- Served as Lead Technical resources for all Atlassian projects
- Develop learning manuals on key process and procedure regarding JIRA and Confluence.
- Configure the JIRA workflow for the project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement
- Installed JIRA Behavior plugin, which simply defines how field behaves with the issue in the project.
- Installed JIRA Suite utilities plugin that provides additional workflow features such as conditions, validator and post-functions.
- Lead and provide technical assistance and/or training in using and Confluence and other tools as identified.
- Resolved issues as they arise with JIRA Projects and Confluence in coordination with JIRA hosting partner team.
- Managed JIRA templates, workflows, and other functionality in support of departmental customers.
- Created and managed JIRA templates and complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes.
- Trained individuals and teams on JIRA and Confluence in order to increase user adoption
- Created a JIRA workflow and apply the condition, validators and post-function in the transition to represent the business requirement process.
- Evaluated existing JIRA Implementation and recommended best practices on its future configuration based on meetings with and feedback from team members.
- Administrated and managed Atlassian tool suites, (installation, deployment, configuration, migration, upgrade, patching, provisioning, server management etc.)
- Ensure JIRA capture add-on and configure JIRA capture tool for exploratory testing, easy creation of issue with browser extension by pre-filling templates.
- Provided End- User training on JIRA Suite and documentation.
- Managing and supporting a multi-cloud environment which includes AWS
- Provided technical expertise for JIRA Agile and have created and configured Scrum and Kanban boards.
- Created Atlassian add-on, a plugin, using the Atlassian Plugin SDK.
- Rollout a Service Desk from the scratch and integrated with other tools using Atlassian SDK.
- Performed an In-house Jira plug-in development using the Atlassian SDK and Rest API
- Configured Bamboo for Continuous Integration by setting up automatic polling of repository for new code changes and automating builds based on it.
- Setup Deployment projects in Bamboo and created various environments like Integration (automatic deployment) and QA/Production (single click deployment).
- Installed and setup the crowd for centralized identity management which enables users to login once and give access to multiple applications.
- Confluence configuration, setup and administration tasks like: managing users & groups, add-ons, plugins, macros and templates.
- Connected Fisheyeto the mercurial repository on Bitbucket for overview of source code and also setup Crucible for code review.
- Integrated Fisheye/crucible with JIRA and bamboo for the tracking of the issue and continuous integration.
- Supported relationships between ALM and JIRA projects - allowing the mapping of many JIRA projects to one physical HPE Quality Center project
- Created customizable business rules to define field mappings between JIRA and HPE ALM.
- Synchronized document attachments between JIRA and HPE ALM.
- Set up some of the AWS account peered with Shared Services so some users can use their CORP login credentials for logging into AWS accounts.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash/Bitbucket, MYSQL, PostgresSQL, Linux, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, AWS, NagiOS, SVN, GIT.CSV, Bugzilla, Service Now, Zendesk, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Hampton, VA
- Manually migrated JIRA from 4.1 to 5.8 standalone JIRA on Linux server.
- Up gradation and Migration of JIRA, Stash/Bitbucket, Bamboo. Created/Managed Users and Groups in Jira.
- Create comprehensive JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes etc.
- Rose up gradation issues with Jira support team and followed on the workaround as per the bug fixes resolutions.
- Created Project and Assign appropriate permissions and Roles to users and group. Customized Complete Workflow including conditions, validations, post functions
- Configured fields, screens and associate appropriate schemes with projects
- Used Java build/automaton tools such as Ant.
- Implemented a branching strategy that greatly reduced the QA workload and helped to use their time more efficiently.
- Implemented a unique version control system in the binary repository (Artifactory) to version binary files.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system. Integrated Jira with 'Git Integration Plugin'.
- Managing and Administering the Subversion, GIT source code repositories.
- Experience integrating Junit, FindBugs, Checkstyle code analysis and testing during the build. Worked on Standalone and Clustered Environments.
- Built and maintained ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
- Installed Jira on cloud as well as In-house and associate with database like MS SQL, MYSQL etc.
- Integrated user directories like LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory etc. with Jira
- Integrated Confluence Fisheye, CVS with Jira. Importing issues from CSV into Jira. Published Jira gadgets and dashboards on confluence page.
- Setup Continuous Integration environment using Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket and ant script
- Created custom plugins & setup the plugin development environment by installing SDK and maven plugin development project
- JIRA installation, setup, configuration, customization and upgrade. Recommending best practices for JIRA and Green Hopper.
- Customizing dashboards and reports and searches using JQL (JIRA Query Language)
- Performed application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs
- Interact with project managers, product managers to make sure that stories and other project deliverables to the platform team are of sufficient quality and provided in a timely manner.
- Installing Applications on AWS, Monitoring and Tailing Logs
Environment: Atlassian Suite (Stash, JIRA, Confluence, crowd), Java/J2EE, Jenkins, AWS, Apache HTTP, Rundeck, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, SharePoint, Jama.
- Installed JIRA Behavior plugin, which simply defines how field behaves with the issue in the project.
- Plan, implement, document, and administer configuration management across multiple projects.
- Responsible for all production related changes/builds/deployments.Created SVN branches for future parallel releases.
- Experience in SVN, Jira, and Jenkins.Responsible for creating the project space in confluence.
- Responsible of being a reporter for each of the issue opened in JIRA.Migrated DBA, Development and Testing teams from VersionOne to JIRA.
- Migrated all build jobs from Hudson to Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Installed JIRA Suite utilities plugin that provides additional workflow features such as conditions, validator and post-functions
- Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components. Used Jenkins as a build tool to create build packages.
- Automated the manual piece of deployment which saved one hour of time.Coordinated with variety of teams like DBA, development and build team for a successful code promotion.
- Strong experience with SCM methodology, best practices, process improvement, and toolsets.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of all builds and environments.
- Performed code freeze on the development branches and informed the development teams to merge in the changes to integration branch before the scheduled date of staging.
- Created development and integration Branches after a major release for various development teams.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Weblogic, AWS (Amazon web services), GIT, SVN, ANT, Maven, VMware, MYSQL.
- Worked with product owner in an Agile\Scrum environment performing Incremental Software development testing
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases for JDE on the AS/400 ILE application, performed Functional, regression and UAT testing with Users
- Created Work Item in TFS for Project tracking, schedule Builds for QA related Project
- Attended daily Scrum meeting. Used Jira and TFS for bug tracking.
- Developed automated scripts using QTP for Java, HTML5 Web environment and Load Runner for Performance testing
- Evaluated Selenium IDE with QTP for reliability and transportability.
- UsedSelenium Webdriver to do regression testing in both Web and the Linux platform.
- Creating manual and automated test plans, test scripts and test cases for the applications team developing Cognos Financial
- Developed test cases for application running reservation system, performed automation using Selenium for the Linux POS system
- Developed check off list for testing bi-weekly Sprints. Performed end to end and UAT testing
- Used TFS in an Agile environment to keep track of Fixes and Sprint in the Backlog, track Bugs reported by users. Used TFS to test BI.
- Developed test plan and test cases for ETL and Cubes functional testing
- Performance tuning of data warehouse servers and databases. Performed ETL testing using Flat files to upload to tables from source to target
- Chaired bug tracking meeting to make sure all issues are resolved for regression testing
- Performance tuning of data warehouse servers and databases
- Performed manual testing of Java based SalesForce CRM, ERP, setup tasks, accounts, test leads, create and upload reports to dashboard provided integration testing for Telephony (Avaya) environment)
- Performed functional, regression and UAT testing in a ASP.NET, Java-HTML5 environment
- Performed testing of e-Commerce application, verified payments, refunds and ledgers and verified table for payment posting
- Tested HTML/CSS web environment for linkage and database issues. Used AppScan to test Web security
- Regression testing of application used QC to report bugs or defects. Developed Test cases using Functional Uses Cases
- Used SOAP-UI / WSDL to send and received encrypted data to an endpoint
- Provided First Level support for Java application by providing Analysis and resolution on Customer Production issue
- Developed test plan for Manual/Web testing Selenium IDE, developed stress test procedures using LoadRunner
- Used SOAP-UI to test encrypted traffic between end point
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Send mail on RedHat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Hands on experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Involved in writing scripts to migrate consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Munin and NagiOS for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status. .
- Planning, documenting and supporting high availability, data replication, business persistence, and fail-over, fail-back using Veritas Cluster Server in Solaris, RedHat Cluster Server in Linux and HP Service Guard in HP environment.
- Working Experience on networking protocol like TCP/IP networking, HTTP and SMTP.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Debian/RedHat Servers at multiple Data Centers. Configured RedHat Kickstart server for installing multiple production servers.
- Worked on monitoring of VMware virtual environments with ESXi 4 servers and Virtual Center. Automated tasks using shell scripting for doing diagnostics on failed disk drives.
- Configured Global File System (GFS) and Zetta byte File System (ZFS). Troubleshooting production servers with IPMI tool to connect over SOL.
- Established and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Configured system imaging tools Clonezilla and System Imager for data center migration. Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Production server for password-less authentication on Debian servers.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Performed SAN Administration for EMC storage, including VMAX, VNX and XtremeIO. Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Implemented the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Performance monitoring using SAR, Iostat, VMstat and MPstat on servers and also logged to munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Used LDAP in Active directory to add new user to a directory, remove, modify, and grant privileges and policy.
- Performed Kernel tuning with the sysctl and installed packages with yum and rpm. Installed and configured PostgresSQL database on RedHat/Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager). Worked on troubleshooting, configuration of XtremeIO clusters
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL. Backup management Recovery through Veritas Net Backup (VNB).
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red Hat Linux.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Nagios, Sun Fire, IBM blade servers, iPlanet, Oracle, Logical Volume Manager, Veritas net backup, SAN Multipathing Education