- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Software Testing as Quality Analyst/Mobile Application tester.
- Expert in Manual & Automated Software Testing using Selenium, QTP, SoapUI and Quality Center.
- Expertise in reviewing/analyzing Software Requirements Specification documents SRS, Business Requirement Documents BRD, creating and developing Test Plans, Test cases and test Scripts and interacting with development Team.
- Expert in developing Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts using Java, C#, Python, Ruby and Test Frameworks using TestNG, Junit, ANT & Maven build tools.
- Hands on experience in Quality Assurance including Functional, System, Smoke, Regression, and Integration, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server - based applications.
- Extensive experience working in Agile Methodology, SDLC, stand-up meetings with Product owner, Scrum master, Understanding and writing user stories along with Business Analysts.
- Experience in Functional automation tool UFT/QTP and Load & Performance testing tool LoadRunner, JMeter.
- Experienced in White Box Testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium WebDriver.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques. Done Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, TestNG, Maven, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in different environments, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing and data validation.
- Experience in test automation by using open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter, Appium.
- Proficient in writing unit testing code using pytest and integrating the test code with the build process.
- Expert in Automation Tool like Protractor.
- Knowledge in using calabash tool for mobile testing.
- Performed software development process using TDD (Test-driven development).
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SoapUI, RESTful, WSDL technologies.
- Experience with Mobile App and Hybrid App testing in both IOS and Android in testing native apps on iPhone, Android, and iPod devices manually.
- Experience with mobile testing automation tool like Appium.
- Worked in ETL environment involving Informatica/DataStage. Excellent knowledge of SQL, Capable of writing SQL queries.
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Quality Center & JIRA and familiar with Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Ant, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, and Cruise Control.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Developed XML test data and implemented Functional and Data Driven tests using SoapUI.
- Performed Testing of Database Applications developed with Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Generating Complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc.
- Deep understanding on Cloud Computing Technologies like AWS (AWS Certified Developer)
- In-depth knowledge of complex T-SQL. Power user of advanced SQL queries with multi-table joins, group functions, sub-queries, set operations and functions.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst for Requirements Study and develop SQL Scripts for end - end process validation.
- Validating SQL script queries on software written in PHP , Java , . NET and on MySQL .
- Experience with functional web service testing and strong knowledge of SoapUI testing.
- Experience in Test coordination between Onsite and Offshore team.
- Prior experience in analyzing and reporting on performance metrics and test results.
- Ability to interact with end users, also quick learner, and team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot with strong oral and written communication skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID/RC 2.4, Mercury QTP 12.0, HP Quality Center, JMeter, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, FitNesse, Jasmine, SoapUI, Coded UI, ITKO LISA, Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, perfecto tool, Calabash, Manual Testing, HP UFT and IBM RFT.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Appium, TDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, and Backend Testing.
Testing: Integration, Functional, Regression, Performance, and Load Testing, Manual, ETL Testing, Black box, and White Box Testing.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, and SOAPUI.
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear quest, Bugzilla, Visual Studio, and Bamboo.
Methodologies: Agile, Spiral and Waterfall.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle, MS Access 2013/2010, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, DB2 and MYSQL.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, UNIX, and Linux.
Firefox Addons: XPath and Firebug.
Networking Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SNMP and SSH
Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS.
Sr. Selenium Engineer/ Mobile Test Engineer
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Project is developed using Agile Methodology.
- Experience Tester in Agile Development Environment Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Implemented Page Objects model (POM), Apache POI in WebDriver Scripts, Data Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver, and Java.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG, java.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Developed Scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver combo for user module application.
- Configured WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG framework and Page Object Model (POM).
- Performed Functional & Regression/Smoke testing, White Box Testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium and build TestNG Frameworks.
- Performed functional and browser compatibility testing on mobile (Windows Mobile), web and desktop applications (Windows).
- Used IOS Simulator and Emulator for mobile app automation testing.
- Chromecast and partner's applications testing using various iOS and Android Mobile devices and Web for Windows and Mac. Utilizing Mac XCode, Android ADB and more.
- Design and execute load and performance tests against Web applications & web services.
- Executed both manual and automated tests to provide Regression testing and to verify the functionalities and business logic.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- By using LoadRunner to test applications, measuring system behavior and performance under load.
- Scripts development (Test Development) with HP LoadRunner and the respective protocols.
- Designed White box test cases for Structural coverage, Code coverage & MCDC per DO-178B guidelines for level an Engine control software following V model
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools ( Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Transformed complex business logic into database design and maintaining it by using SQL objects like stored procedures, user defined functions, views, T-SQL scripting, and jobs.
- Identified and isolated issues within the network and fixed them.
- Created Test Cases and filled on Clear Quest and Quality Center ALM 11.5.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Perform the functional testing of Web Services using SOAP scope.
- Create Test Automation Framework, maintain and execute automation test cases (Java, Selenium).
- Used Python scripting for automating user tasks.
- Generated Python forms to record data of online users and used pytest for writing test cases.
- Design, develop and automate GUI, functional and API test using Selenium WebDriver (Python, XPATH, CSS, HTML, JSON).
- Used Quality center, clear quest, MTM, TFS and Bugzilla for bug reporting.
- Hands on experience with Calabash to write and execute automated acceptance tests for mobile apps.
- Involved in design and Implementation of Protractor Testing for Angular JS code base.
- Used Keyword and Data driven framework.
- Used QC/ALM for Defect Management.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center (QC) and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Experienced in using perfecto tool to work with services like advanced automation, monitoring and testing services in mobile testing.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects, and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Used GitHub as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Analysis of Functional Requirement and Business Requirement documents(BRD) and communicating with BA.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Test Execution summary reports.
- Conducted the team meetings for discussing the status and issues.
- Attended Weekly/Daily reports to clients based on the status of execution/defects.
SDET/Mobile Test Engineer
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Development of the automation scripts using Appium and Java for Mobile applications.
- Working on Agile Methodology, attending daily stand-up meetings for Agile. Writing and executing User Stories, Discussion with Business Analysts for understanding user stories
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor to handle Angular JS applications.
- Used TestNG and Ant under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Developed the automation scripting using Selenium Web Driver, Coded UI, Java, and MTM.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects utilizing TFS .
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & Web Services testing.
- Implemented test plans and isolated, documented and identified application bugs using White Box Testing.
- Establishes testing protocols and procedures and documented finding in white box testing.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver and Junit
- Executing the test plans on Web and Mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing & Mobile Automation Testing using Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing by using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Created unit and functional tests cases through use of testing tools such as Python.
- Developed multi-threaded RAM eater tools to create OOM scenarios for testing low memory scenarios on Android, Linux.
- Opened and prioritized defect using TFS . Created detailed defect ticket including summary, defect module, platform and environment, steps to reproduce, and screenshot or video.
- Customized busy box and many other open source tools for android/Linux on Mobile platforms.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Executed User Acceptance Tests in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Pattern using Cucumber.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model (POM), TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automated test case and scenarios by using the Coded UI.
- Opened feature tickets in TFS to improve app's error handling capacity and usability.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed the web services testing with SOAPUI by request and response validation for XML
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and FirePath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed ETL and Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries, for Data Profiling, Data validation, Source -2-Target Mapping, and BI Report Testing.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAPUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAPUI for the local WSDL with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAPUI.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Providing expertise in T-SQL to the software development team, including writing complex stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Used SVN as code repository to manage code reviews.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Agile Methodology, Jenkins, Cucumber, Python, SOAPUI, ETL Ant, Appium, TestNG, JUnit, JIRA, QC, FirePath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, HTML, CSS, TDD, SQL, Oracle and Windows, T-SQL, JMeter, Jasmine, Protractor, POM, and TFS.
QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked on Agile Methodology, daily stand up meetings, Continuous Integration approach.
- Responsible for periodic updating of Test Plans and Test Cases as per Requirement Specifications and Business rules.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Provided best practices in Automation testing in Coded UI.
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit, and Ant.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using Junit and Selenium.
- Configured ANT builds scripts to run tests, develops reports and sends notifications using Jenkins.
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Experienced in working with Multiple Browsers and Cross Platform environments on different OS and Mobile Device.
- Detected, reported, and classified bugs in TFS.
- Worked on Android, Windows Mobile platforms to qualify applications.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and Android devices by using Appium.
- Performed automated acceptance testing using Cucumber.
- Reported and tracked the status of the bugs, assigned severity ratings to them using JIRA.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Worked with Teradata stored procedures, standard tables and ETL processes.
- Written SQL scripts for validating the data loaded by the ETL processes.
- Maintained bug status reports and drove to resolution including verification of fixes.
- Created LoadRunner Scenarios and Scheduled the Virtual user to generate realistic load on the server using LoadRunner.
- Developing simulation scripts using HP LoadRunner -Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol.
- Staged data to test the defects fix after the transports in UAT environment.
- Wrote automated scripts using Selenium (WebDriver) with C#.
- Create automated regression test suites using selenium and C#.
- Developed automation test scripts for client -server and web-based applications using Python, Silk, and other automation tools.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Performed REST API testing by SoapUI.
- Worked on POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment. Evaluated and interpreted POS requirements created by external vendors.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end SQL Server.
Software Quality Analyst
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Developed and maintained automation scripts for regression test cases in Selenium using Java .
- Developed Data driven test framework in selenium WebDriver by reading test data from Excel file using Apache POI .
- Performed cross browser testing by executing Selenium test scripts on multiple browsers and Platforms using Selenium Grid and checked for compatibility.
- Configured python Web Driver, testing Maven tool, and created selenium automation.
- Scheduled test scripts to run overnight when required using Ant and Jenkins .
- Developed automation scripts for Native Mobile applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and Java.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing test on the cloud.
- Performed manual testing of native mobile applications by using Emulators and IOS Simulators .
- Used Cucumber framework to implement Behavior Driven Development ( BDD )
- Wrote Jenkin and Ruby automation test scripts to execute in Cucumber .
- Performed Load and Performance Testing by monitoring the throughput and response time of the application using JMeter .
- Tested the ETL process by comparing the tables before and after a move/ transformation using Informatica Data Validation to ensure that the data is correct and as-expected, verifying that appropriate messages are published by the ETL tool and data is loaded into Oracle database.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to effectively test the functionality of Informatica Transformation Mapping
- Created ETL data warehouse test cases and scenarios based on business requirements.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts .
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Used SVN for version control of automated scripts.
- Carried out web services testing using SOAP UI and security testing for Employee login validations.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from Oracle database.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings to understand the progress in work and matched efforts to the changing needs depending on the status of the updates in the meeting.
- Created and executed test cases and reported defects through JIRA
- Analyzed requirements, design documents and provided constructive feedback and Analysis of the existing Application and its Business Requirements.
- Used UFT/QTP for functional and Regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and Developed VB scripts.
- Managed & Mentored Test Automation Team using QTP.
- Developed Project using Waterfall Methodology.
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Develop automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate smoke and regression testing and automated test data load for every build cycle.
- Parameterize the scripts in QTP to run the scripts for varying form data.
- Performed Web Services Testing using SOAPUI for Various Web Services.
- Modify Object Repository to help QTP identify GUI objects. Enhance the scripts in UFT/QTP using VB Script.
- Create Keyword Driven framework in UFT/QTP to be reused across multiple functionalities. Use this framework in Regression Suite.
- Develop and maintain various re-usable libraries in QTP using VB Script.
- Extensively used descriptive programming in QTP to handle dynamically changing screens without having to manually change the script.
- Performed manual testing on the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Generated automated scripts for the dynamic pages using Descriptive programming and Shared Object Repository Model in UFT/QTP.
- Enhancing the QTP scripts by doing unit testing on the scripts before creating scenario-based tests in Test-Lab Module of QC.
- Responsible for the UI automation using C# and Spec flow.
- Created framework for API testing using selenium web driver and C#.
- Involved in identifying Integration User-Stories and Tasks during the Sprint Planning Sessions.
- Attending Daily Stand-up meetings, as part of the sprint meetings following the Agile Methodology, for the QA Integration Team.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Queries of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
Environment: UFT/QTP, VB Script, Quality Center(QC), Jira, SQL Server, ETL, XML, SOAPUI, MQ Series, Web Spear, MS - Team Foundation Server, Waterfall Methodology, HTML, SQL, Oracle, and Windows.
- Analyzed application requirement documents and higher-level business documents and developed test scenarios and test cases to test GUI, security testing, performance requirements and risk analysis of the application.
- Executed Manual Testing for all scenarios on products.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents.
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Perform the functional testing of Web Services using SOAP scope.
- Used traditional Waterfall methodology.
- Involved in Manual Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution using Quality Center.
- Successfully implemented Mercury Quality Center for Requirement Management, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect logging, Requirement Mapping with Test cases.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Extensively used SOAPUI and REST client for testing SOAP, RESTful web services.
- Tested web services using SOAPUI to test the XML requests and the responses for each of the operations.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Written SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, Waterfall Methodology, JAVA, XML, HTML, Web Services, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL, Android, SOAPUI, Restful Services, UNIX, and Windows.