- Committed and result - oriented senior QA professional with extensive experience in Software Quality Assurance processes, test planning, API/ Web services testing, database testing (SQL), release management, application support and UAT support.
- 12+ years of experience in IT industry, working across all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements analysis, project design, estimation, application development/maintenance, testing to release and UAT testing/ support.
- 8+ years of experience in QA testing, creating unit/UAT test cases, regression testing, system integration testing, RTM, test plan, release checklists etc. Proficient in automation testing as well.
- Valuable contributor who thrives on challenge and performs confidently and effectively.
- Dedicated, highly adaptable to changing environments and possess strong organizational, analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Very comfortable working with Agile methods (Kanban, Scrum) and Waterfall models.
- Worked as release gatekeeper, prepared release notes documentation and performed application deployments using different tools/environments.
- Also worked as an Application Support engineer in a fast-paced setting, with a focus on analysis of production issues and fixing them on priority.
- Created scripts and data setup for a data migration, worked with DBAs for performance improvement.
Automation: Test Complete, NUnit, Selenium, Microsoft Test Manager, Postman, SOAP UI.
Microsoft: Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2017, .NET, C#, ASP.NET, Jscript, HTML, XML.
Database related: SQL Server 2008, 2012, Oracle, MongoDB, ArangoDB, TOAD, SSRS.
Third party controls: Infragistics, ChartFX, Telerik UI.
Source Control/ Test Mgt.: TFS 2012/ 2017, VSS, Perforce, Github, ALM, JIRA, HP QC
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008 R1, XP, Vista, Windows 7,8, Windows 10, VM
Design tools: Visio, Photoshop.
Change Management: Service Now, SWIFT, Remedy etc.
IT QA Lead
Software: Windows 10, Visual Studio 2017, Arango DB, Mongo DB, GitHub, .NET 4.5, C#, WPF, Selenium, Postman.
- Own and define the defect management process. Author test plans, perform triage, tracking etc. Performed Functional testing and Defect Reporting.
- Release Management: Planning, implementation and post release activities.
- API Testing using Postman, testing in Selenium IDE.
- Document the release notes and prepare release preparedness checklist.
- Prepare test data, test cases and map the test cases to requirements to maintain traceability. Perform Regression testing and integration testing.
- Working very closely with BAs and client point of contacts to understand the application, gather requirements etc.
IT QA Analyst
Software: Windows 7, Visual Studio 2012, SQL 2012, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, SOAP UI, ASP.NET, C#, Crystal reports.
- Write/maintain test scripts in MS Test Manager, execute them.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing, for single modules/ application.
- Regression testing of the application, take up urgent ad-hoc activities.
- Defect logging, reporting defects and testing progress to management.
- Web services testing using SOAP UI and creating test data for applications.
Software: Windows 7, Visual Studio 2012, TFS, Infragistics. C# .NET 4.5, WPF, JIRA, Service Now.
- Identify defects, log them in the defect tracking tool and re-test after bug fixing and defect closure. Write test plans, define the test strategy
- Regression/Integration testing of the application and defect reporting.
- Working very closely with Business Leads and SMEs to understand the application, gather requirements etc.
- Devise the user acceptance test strategy, prepare UAT cases and provide UAT support for real-time users.
Onsite coordinator, Support Lead, Testing Lead
Software: Windows 7, Oracle 12, SQL Server 2008, SSRS, Custom scripting.
- Troubleshooting and fixing Production issues based on the priority.
- Create reports using SSRS and views using X HQ tool based on the requirements
- Offshore coordination regarding issues, status reports and other concerns if any.
- Integration testing of the application and defect reporting.
- Additional responsibility of formulating process standards in the service management area.
- Change management, ITSM change request process, Service Now
- Fix bugs and create/ support SSRS reports.
- Write stored procedures, views to create new/modify existing functionality. Worked on SQL jobs as well.
QA Lead/ Production Support
Software: Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2012, VSS, Omni works, Quality Center, Serena Dimensions, ALM, Microsoft Visio, JIRA, Selenium
- Taking care of whole deployment process. (Database and app deployment)
- Test scripting, execution and bug reporting in QC/ Serena SBM, ALM.
- System Integration Testing. (SIT), Regression testing before deployment.
- Testing Web services using SOAP UI and C# code using NUnit.
- Functional testing using Selenium, Test case review of other team members thereby reducing defect count in Production.
- Closely working with SMEs starting from requirement phase.
- Managed/mentored a QA team of 6 members, took care of status reporting, daily calls, requirement clarifications, knowledge transfer etc.
- Data integration testing, running complex SQL queries to validate data consistency. Support SSRS reports.
- Troubleshooting Production issues and arriving at a quick optimal solution.
- Understanding different systems that communicate with QTrac.
- Onsite - offshore coordination.
- Handling high volume of production tickets.
- Prepared use cases and sequence / class diagrams using Visio.
Software: C#, .Net 3.5, XML, Visual Studio 2012, NUnit, Test Complete, JScript.
- Automation testing in Test Complete/ NUnit (.NET 3.5 and C#)
- Write NUnit test scripts for functionalities present in the application.
- Setup and implement Test Complete for the application.
- Write Test Complete scripts in JScript to validate UI and functionality.
Technology Analyst/ Technology Lead
Software: C# .Net, Oracle, SQL 2005, Toad, SQL Server Management Studio, XML, Microsoft Visio, Test Complete.
- Analysis and review of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Coding (.NET C#, SQL), Test case review and code review.
- Onsite-offshore coordination of deliverables and direct reporting to Client.
- Led a team of 4 members, approving timesheets and status reports, trained and mentored new members. Worked as Defect prevention anchor for the Unit.
- Created Class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Analysis and database mapping of legacy application to Avocet for data migration.
- Write migration scripts, data validation from backend and UI.
- Data integration testing
Senior Systems Engineer
Software: C#, XML, C++, VS 2008, VS VC6.0, .NET Frame Work (3.5), Visual Source Safe 6.0, Crystal Reports - 8.5, TFS, Perforce, Infragistics, ChartFX
- Requirement analysis and traceability.
- Detailed design and Coding (.NET C#, XML)
- Test case design, review and code review
- Unit/Integration testing, Functional testing and Regression testing using NUnit.
- Configuration Controller and Process Anchor.
- Module design and coding (.NET C#, C++, SQL 2000).
- Functional and Regression testing, Documentation
- Enhancement of modules and critical bug fixes.
- Test case design, code review, API/ automation testing using NUnit.