- Having 8+ years of experience in software Quality Assurance Testing, Manual Testing and Automated Testing in Web, Windows, Server - Client Applications and Database/ETL in variety of Applications.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, Jira, MTM, Test Director/Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla and Team Foundation Server.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, Accessibility, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Stress, Reliability, Compatibility, Cross Browser, Data Driven, Security and Database Testing.
- Extensive experience working with Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and MS-Access.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI tool.
- Experience with testing on UNIX/LINUX and multiple MS Windows environments.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Experience using testing tools such as HP Quality Center (QC), HP ALM, Test Director, JIRA, SOAP UI and Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Extensively worked on Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid Test Automation Frameworks.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Expertise in manual testing & mobile application testing.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Expertise in Functional testing, System testing, Interpretability testing, Web testing, Web services, Mainframe testing, End to End testing, GUI testing, sanity testing and Regression testing.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Configured Selenium Web driver and automated regression test cases using Selenium TestNG Java framework and Manual Testing.
- Hands on experience in Ruby\Cucumber Automation, Implemented BDD framework using Cucumber.
- Created step definition and feature files using Gherkin (Cucumber), Good knowledge of Perl, Python and Bash scripting.
- Strong experience in Web Services Automation using tools CA LISA 7.x and SOAPUI.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Excellent understanding with Waterfall, V-Model, and Agile (Scrum) software development life cycle methodologies. Ability to understand client requirement and provide with the best solution.
- Experience with Banking, Finance, Healthcare, Retail and Telecommunication applications.
- A resourceful team player with good Interpersonal, effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Load runner, HP Quality Center, UFT, API Testing, CA LISA, SOAP UI, JIRA, QTP, Protractor, JMeter, Manual Testing, Cucumber, Jaws, Appium, Firmware Testing
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational, ClearQuest, TFS, Service- Now.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Protocols: TCP/IP Protocol suite (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, UDP, DHCP, SSL, DNS)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio, MS Visio
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, PL/SQL, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX, Linux, iOS.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers using Java, Ruby and Python Scripting.
- Conducted End to End and Black box testing, Performed white box testing type of TestNG for class, method, & Web Services testing.
- Improved data driven selenium framework by creating methods to save/create screenshots on test failures.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit, Maven) Configured Selenium WebDriver, JUNIT, Maven and created selenium automation scripts in core java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Extensive Test Automation Experience using Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver in Ruby framework
- Used Request, Response, and Server objects to manage page navigation.
- Involved in creation of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Matrix and Reporting of the regression results for CICD.
- Involved in writing load scripts using JMeter, Performance testing tool, developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit and Core java, used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements. Used Silk Performer for scheduling, execution and monitoring of Load Tests
- Responsible monitoring the Web/App Servers & actively monitored application performance using
- Initiated the process for creating test cases in quality center using reusable modules, involved in analyzing functional requirements documents for multiple projects.
- Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web driver, Java, TestNG in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web-based applications.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixesand update bug status.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit/ TestNG and ANT).
- Involved in Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and develop Test Plan detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Automated Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for defect logging and tracking.
- Used Python for scripting language.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Implemented Data Driven Framework using WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used Several Java collection classes, wrote code to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox controls using XPath, selenium WebDriver classes
- Used JUnit as driver to launch selenium scripts.
- Developed SQL Queries/Scripts and similar Artifacts to validate the Completeness, Integrity and Accuracy of Data within an ETL process testing cycle conducted the functional, system, Integration, Regression and performance testing of the Web application.
- Experienced in White Box Testing by authoring Java Codes in Selenium WebDriver, Tested Mobile App version on different smart devices.
- Written SQL scripts (PL/SQL) to query and validate the functionality in Oracle databases.
- Designed and implemented test scripts and managed Selenium test automation processes.
- Utilized the following testing tools: Selenium/Python, Jmeter, Jira and TestRail.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in core java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Used maven to define project structure, dependencies, build, and test management.
- Extensive involvement in Black Box Testing
- Load Runner is used to perform Load, Durability and Stress Tests.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM, Load Runner, Performance Center, UNIX, Python, TestNG, Protractor, Ant tool, Jmeter, Jira, Agile, TFS, SQL, DHTML, FDA Regulations, Quality center, HTML.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Automation Engineer/ Quality Analyst
- Automated the regression test cases using the WebDriver & TestNG.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium, WebDriver, Core java (Eclipse), C# (Visual Studio) and JUnit.
- Created Test data set that needs for importing on the Server & for performing various sync operations from the handset.
- Analyzed, revised and created test scenarios according to business and functional requirements.
- Created Test runs, Test cases, Mockups, Process Flow diagrams from the functional documents.
- Preparing Performance Test Plan, Performance Test strategy and Performance Test log.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Involved in creation of Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Java and execution using Selenium.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on the different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium, Web Driver, and Web Driver Backed Selenium.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Identify system/application bottlenecks and work with Bottom line to facilitate the tuning of the application in order to optimize capacity and improve performance of the application to handle peak workloads generated via LoadRunner tool to simulate activity.
- Created RTM Matrix, ensured the Test Planning, Testing Strategy, Test cases, Flows are capturing and covering all the Functional/Non Functional requirements.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Python/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Actively involved in SDLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Webdriver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, HP Load Runner, Core java, TestNG, Jira, Agile, TFS, SQL, DHTML, QTP, VBScript, Quality center HTML, Oracle11g, PL/SQL Developer, JUnit, GIT, Node JS, Maven.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Involved in preparing test strategies for client side verifications and validations.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG for web application
- Performed regression tests on the application to assure proper functionality of the site after new builds using Clear Quest.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Setup the automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNg, GitHub and Maven.
- Developed and maintained Manual and Automation test scripts through HP ALM.
- Used Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Selenium.
- Developed a Data Driven Framework using Selenium.
- Prepared Test Traceability Matrix to confirm the test coverage and mapped it with Test cases using Quality Center.
- Using Apache JMeter for performance testing.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Maintained Wireless network engineering, Wireless Access Points, WI-Fi Protocol testing, systems test resulting in the successful delivery of quality WiFi products.
- Used User Stories from ALM to create test cases. Wrote test cases and created test data in EXCEL files.
- Involved in backend testing for different environments like System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Creation of automation test scripts in Java, JUnit, and WebDriver for various features using Data Driven Framework.
- Used Jenkin as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Saucelabs, ALM, Soap UI, HTML, XML, SQL, HP ALM, Load Runner, JMeter, JUnit, Quality Center.
- Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- Automated Test Cases using Selenium, Eclipse
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to release. Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Recognized test automation opportunities and analyzed SOA requirements, Performed both Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using Quality Center.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims
- Expert in writing SQL scripts to query the data and validate the functionality in Oracle databases.
- Coordinate and lead QA testing, managing the bug database, including bug reporting, regression testing, and fix verification.
- Worked on migrating test scripts from HP QTP to Selenium.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for this application. Representing the project QA activates at client site.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
Environment: Selenium, QTP, Quality Center/ALM, Protractor, Appium, SeeTest, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, TestNG, Eclipse, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD
- Documented Test Plans and Test Cases using Rational Test Manager
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Used SQL queries extensively to validate and manipulate the data in the Oracle database.
- Reported and tracked the status of the bugs, assigning severity ratings to them using Rational ClearQuest tool.
- The requirements were managed using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Prepared positive and negative test data for the functional test cases
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Executed the test cases, gathered and evaluated results and generated test summary reports.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, JAVA, HTML, UAT, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL, UNIX and Windows.