- Over Eight years of experience in Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web, Windows, Web Services, Client/Server applications and databases in various client domains.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle and in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and Mercury Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Good experience on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, JUnit, TestNG.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using JUnit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML and WSDL; and in providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Experience in test case definitions, development and maintenance of test scripts and documentation of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Test Scenarios for all the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensively performed System Integration testing, data validation and verification for websites, navigation testing, Black box testing, Regression testing, Performance Testing, Smoke testing, Positive testing and Negative testing.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Database Change Verification testing using Oracle - TOAD and PL/SQL queries/procedures.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Extensive experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Hands on experience in manual testing and HP Quality Center.
- Expertise in testing websites by performing content validation, navigation testing and browser compatibility testing.
- Tracking and report upon testing activities including testing results test case coverage required resources defects in HPQC
- Performing Load, Stress, Volume, and AD-Hoc Testing of the application using QC.
- Experience in working with Business analysts and developers for complex projects during the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in using Bug tracker and error logging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Confidential, Antonito, CO
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and POM for Automation test scripts.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Added many front-end automation tests and BDD steps using Cucumber specification framework, TestNG, Appium and Java which decreased 75% of manual testing.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Design and Implementation of BDD framework using Ruby-Cucumber.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in Agile methodology.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Page Object Model, SOAP UI, POM, Data Driven Framework, Quality Center/ALM, XPath, Dom, Web Services, agile, Apache, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco,CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Web Client Test Cases based on Business Rules. Follow the Agile methodology due to the continuous change of requirements.
- Performed functional, negative, positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed User Defined Functions (UDF) to support the automated scripts.
- Used reusable actions with utilizing the flexible functionalities in (UFT).
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium JUNIT framework
- Execution of test scripts using Selenium Web Driver using Junit frame work
- Worked with developers and the testers to verify test cases.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, and Junit.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Investigated software bugs and maintained reports, tracked defects.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintain test cases and defects. Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Automate identified test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Eclipse IDE
- Performed Regression, Unit and System Integration Testing using Agile Methodology
- Implemented Page Factory Framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used Maven build tool for version control and efficiency
- Fully utilized SOAP UI Pro’s Assertion features for WebService testing using Java API
- Involved in backend testing by passing SQL Queries and tested data integrity for the portfolios
- Automated test cases using IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome running on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh OS
- Recording and tracking bugs using JIRA
- Used Jenkins for controlling build version and pushing new code to Github
- Test performance of mobile application for responsiveness and scalability using Appium
- Execute test cases using emulator like Perfecto mobile
Confidential, New Haven, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for application
- Database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs
- Executed Smoke Testing for the system environment from development team.
- Performed Black-box Testing for Integration Testing and System Testing, Regression Tested related functions of the defect in Defect Life Cycle, End-to-End Tested system integration, and used Ad-hoc Testing to go through whole system
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using Soap UI
- Create/Execute performance test plan in JMeter
- Extensive load testing with Jmeter on parameters like number of users a website can handle
- Performed Automation for regression using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID
Confidential, City of Industry, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Performed web application testing using Selenium Web driver
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java prior to agile release
- Implemented Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Ant technologies
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java, Selenium WebDriver, and Junit
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process by using WebDriver
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application
- Testing performance of how many users can access shopping cart using JMeter
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed and participated in building test automation using Selenium RC and executed test cases
- Implemented test suites using Junit framework Identifying Support and Change Request Incidents
- Responsible for executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings
- Executed positive and negative scenarios.
- Automated functional scenarios using Selenium IDE and RC
- Executed browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium-RC for testing UI for every new build release