- Over 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and QA implementation in Agile and Waterfall models.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automation Testing of client Server, Web based Applications, Web Design, API and SOAP UIs.
- Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP (Functional & Regression Testing) for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in developing, estimating, documenting and executing test cases manually and generating automated scripts using Selenium IDE, RC and WebDriver.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Experienced with designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Expertise in preparing Test Plans, developing, reviewing and executing Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Functional Requirements, Business Requirements and Use Case Documents.
- Experience in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and UAT.
- Hands on experience in reporting defects by using HP Quality Center, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documentations of all phases and involved in complete SDLC.
- Experience in conducting batch testing and data - driven testing using parameterization to test application with different sets of data.
- Have experience in using Web-debugging tool like XPath, Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Proficient in Web service testing using Soap UI tool, SOAP, XML and expert in reading WSDL.
- Exposure to different development methodologies like Waterfall Model, Iterative and Agile development.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java and Ruby for test case automation. Experience in implementing TDD and BDD.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming methodology.
- Solid SQL skills, can write complex SQL queries; functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing and End-to-End testing.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare, hospitality and finance domain.
- Professional and Analytical skills coupled with Good Communication and Interpersonal skills describing a committed Team Player and Team Leader.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, Junit, Jmeter, TestNG, JIRA, Jenkins & Soap UI, Cucumber
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Clear Quest
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Databases: SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, Oracle 11g/10g & MS Access 2007
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework. Also responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Responsible for writing JAVA code to be used in testing of the application using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG and Eclipse.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Junit.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Used Build tool like Maven to generate test report.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Participated in Peer reviews of automated test cases and Test Plan for the team member.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Involved in writing the Acceptance Criteria and Test Cases for the Stories assigned to in JIRA.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Updated the JIRA with manual/automated test cases.
- Changed the status of JIRA during the testing and also update the story based on functional requirement.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL Queries on SQL Server database.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Supported the UAT team during their testing.
- Participated in daily Stand Up call and weekly Open/Close meeting.
Confidential - New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit and Java.
- Developed re-usable function using Junit for the Test Automation.
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with Junit
- Involved in Writing ANT build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of Junit test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, Admin UI and java client modules.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium, WebDriver and WebDriver Backed Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java client driver.
- Developed and implemented robust Keyword driven framework with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium and Java.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Wrote automation scripts in Quality Center for System, Functional and Integration Testing.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /Junit).
- Converted all record and play back test cases into Selenium automated scripts.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Enter and maintain defect information in Defect Tracking System, JIRA.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, Sales and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDruver, Eclipse, Junit, HTML, Eclipse IDE, Agile, JIRA, Quality Center, XML, SQL, JSP, Oracle 10g, Windows.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
QA Analyst/Manual Tester
- Responsible for developing test plan by reviewing functional requirements and use case documents.
- Developed test cases for functional and GUI testing of the website.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected functionality of the application.
- Extensively tested the graphical user interface components.
- Performed cross browser functionality testing on Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.
- Implemented data-driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Analyzed the problems found during manual and automated testing and submitted the bugs using Test Director.
- Interacted with developers regarding defects, verified and closed the defects as they get resolved.
- Actively involved in writing test plans, test scenarios and test matrix (traceability matrix).
- Designed and executed test plan based on the functional requirements.
- Wrote test cases for the functional testing of the application in Quality center.
- Wrote Test cases based on functional specifications (FRS) and use cases for web based application and checked the functionality of the application.
- Extensively performed Regression, UI, Beta testing and executed manually.
- Execution of System, Integration, End-to-End, and user Acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Preparation of Defect Reports, Document and reviewing defects and related metric.
Environment: Java, Manual Testing, Quality Center, Test Director, MS Excel, UNIX, SQL Server and Windows.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Performed Unit testing on all application modules.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts development and executed based on business and technical requirements.
- Created the requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed manual Testing.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Analyzed and created the bug tracking reporting and summary report.
- Conducted quality reviews to monitor the progress of project.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Manual Testing, SQL Server, VB, ASP, Windows XP, IIS, SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX.