- 6 years of experience in both manual and automated software Quality Assurance Testing of client - server and web-based applications and Backend testing, Object oriented analysis design and development of multi-tier architectural based web applications and mobile applications with in-depth understanding.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver / IDE / Grid, JUnit / TestNG, Cucumber, Jbehave, JMeter, JIRA, Rest and SOAP UI.
- Extensive experience in Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Jmeter.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Excellent experience in developing Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test reports for Manual as well as Automated testing for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Work experience in using the Quality Center to manage the software testing process and Clearcase, BugZilla, Jira for tracking the process and sharing the files.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience testing SOA with RestFul/SOAP Web Services . Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and Soap UI .
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Experience in performing database testing and working with SQL queries and database like Oracle, MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC, Jbehave, Cucumber, SOAP UI, XPath, Appium
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, HTML, XML, Python
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC
IDE & Build Tools: Eclipse, Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla
Source Version Control Tool: Subversion (SVN), Git
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8), LINUX, UNIX, Mac OS
Confidential, Tucson, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Develop Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Github.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL quarries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Tested Mobile application using Appium.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Tools: Used: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jira, Test NG, SOAPUI, Python, Cucumber, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins Fire Path, SQL, Oracle, Firebug, Appium, HTML, XML, Git Hub, Quality center, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Portland, OR
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used Junit framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project. Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Used Python codes to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Stored, analyzed and prioritized defects using Defects module in HP Quality Center.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Wrote extensive XML (Document Object Model) Scripts to verify and validate Python Anvil (Window and Linux Applications).
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and Java
- Prepared automation test framework (TestNG and MAVEN).
- Reviewed Test Data, Test execution reports, automated test scripts
- Loaded Test data into MySQL schema and integrated with front-end web portal for automation testing.
- Exported Test case Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE and modified the Selenium Webdriver scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework (TestNG and MAVEN).
- Re-testing fixed issues and performed regression testing of the application
- Performed load test using JMeter performance testing tool.
- Modified the existing test suite based on the changes in requirements
- Created Test cases for the new functionality.
- Prepared Test completion and Test execution report for each test cycle.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Attend project (Client) and internal meetings and created meeting notes.
- Regularly interacted with the Development Team to communicate issues and simulate the Defects
- Verification, validation and quality assurance of the application
- Attended Project Progress meeting with Project Managers, Team Lead
- Created various reports to provide high-level view including Test Execution, Test Coverage Reports
- Responsible to provide up-to-date training and knowledge transfer to the new team member
- Actively involved in weekly meetings to track the progress of the test developments.
Tools: Used: Eclipse, MySQL, Selenium, Java, TESTNG, MAVEN, JMeter.