- Over 7 years of professional experience in IT industry with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance.
- Expertise in Quality Analysis with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and object oriented methodologies.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, QTP, Cucumber, SOAP UI and HP Quality Center.
- Key expertise includes testing and debugging GUI and Multi - Applications environment and automated testing using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium RC/IDE.
- Experience in using Java as client library for Selenium WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using Junit and TestNG.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good experience in Selenium Test Environment setup expert using the entire open source tools. Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Estimation, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, and scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, and Backed end Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Experience on working XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and latest features like Policies and Services.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Strong expertise in lifecycle methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Spiral, Agile Models and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, HP Quality Center, Soap UI, Cucumber BDD, Jmeter, Appium
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Run script as a batch file through Maven and generated testing report.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Used Selenium for End - to End testing for Angular.js Applications.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Performed the testing of Restful web services for mobile apps for the Using SOAP UI.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Jira a test management tool.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, Sales and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Jenkins, Ant, Cucumber, Jira, Eclipse, SOAP UI, Python, Rest API, Ruby, Rake, Angular.js, XPATH, Firebug, Firepath, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Worked in agile environment on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective.
- Developed and design necessary test plan and test scripts for functional and performance testing using, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins and Jmeter.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).Contributed in framework creation.
- Responsible for developing test automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver with Maven and, TestNG .
- Created unit test cases for business component and worked on API server-side System level test cases using TestNG.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium Web Driver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Developed functional/regression scripts utilizing Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby and Watir framework for web application reaching thousands of agents throughout thirteen states.
- Used Java as client library for selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Involved in using Jenkin s as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Proven success in establishment of agile test practices including acceptance test automation using Cucumber (ruby scripting) during acceptance test driven development methodology.
- Used Firebug/Firepath to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Jira for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Involved in SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Actively participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings and daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers and business analysts to ensure high quality of the application under test.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Ruby, Firepath, Firebug, XPATH, XML, Eclipse, JMeter, Jira, SVN, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked closely with business analysts and developers for thorough requirements review and developing test scenarios.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java.
- Developed System Test Cases and procedures to test various application points.
- Initially involved in creating a Manual Test Cases in Quality Center. Tests were grouped into test plan and executed. Results were recorded and published to management.
- Involved in Look and Feel testing of the application windows using the deliverables.
- Performed Webservice Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Soap UI.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Created Test Sets to do Functional and Data Driven Testing on the Webservice.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Ran SQL queries to perform Backend Testing.
- Quality Center was used as the overall Test Management Tool, where scripts were located and stored under respective Project Folders.
- Performed Defect tracking in QC. Defects were linked via traceability to specific test case.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Quality Center, XML, HTML, XPath, SOAP UI, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium and Junit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows Environment.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements and blueprints.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Performance and Black Box
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases
- Involved in doing System testing of the entire applications along with team members Applications are tested manually.
- Executed test cases and reported status of the test cases.
- Conducted functionality and regression testing
- Performed static and dynamic testing to test the application.
- Used HP Quality Center for defect tracking and to report the bugs.
- Developed various reports and metrics to measure and track testing effort and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Proficient in QA processes, test strategies and experience in creating documents like Test plan, Test procedures.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Created test scripts, executed test scripts.
- Developed Test Objectives and test Procedures.
Environment: Manual testing, Win Runner, Quality Center, Oracle, Visual Basic, Windows.