- 8+ years of diverse experience as Quality Assurance Analyst with both Manual and Automation Testing of Web, Mobile (Web), Native Apps (iPhone, Android, iPad) using Java, Selenium Web driver tool in various domains like Banking, Healthcare, Power, E - commerce, Financial.
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, software development life cycle (SDLC), software testing life cycle (STLC) and Waterfall and AGILE methodologies.
- Experience in various testing techniques like Performance testing, Functional testing, Graphical User Interface testing, Regression testing, Ad-hoc testing, Security testing, Usability testing, End to end testing, Integration testing, System, User Acceptance testing.
- Worked on BDD Cucumber/ Gherkin format for test scenarios using acceptance criteria.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools and techniques by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE, Testing, Cucumber, Maven, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Performed functional testing of the mobile web application manually and Selenium Driver.
- Automating Restful API using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG, Log4j, JXL and gson and JAXB Parsers.
- Experience in testing native apps on iOS & Android devices manually.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Proficient in Testing SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SoapUI.
- Proficient in using Quality Center, Rally, JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Experience in data validation, Database Testing using SQL queries.
- Proficient in defect life cycle with defining defects, categorizing bugs based on severity and priority, carried out defect reports using different defect tracking tools/excel sheet.
- Experience in Testing Database Applications of RDBMS in Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server, MySQL.
- Hands on Experience with Linux/Unix Environment. Testing Experience with Linux command line by applying analytic skills and knowledge.
- Experience in writing daily testing report to explain all day-to-day activities and weekly testing report which contains overall status of week. Excellent communication, documentation skills, eager to learn recent Technologies and Tools.
- Initiative, optimistic, dependability and creativity to get the job done right the first time.
- Invest my personal time to learn about latest technology, news, social activities, and social work.
Testing Tools and API: Selenium 2(IDE/ RC/Web Driver/ GRID), Cucumber, QTP, Firebug, Fire Path, JXL, SOAPUI, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, Gson, Jackson, Test NG, Junit, Maven, Log4j SOAP UI, QTP, Firebug, Fire PathJXL, TestNG, JUnit, Ant, Maven, Log4j SOAP UI, QTP, Firebug, Fire PathJXL, TestNG, JUnit, Ant, Maven, Log4j
Languages: JAVA, SQL, Python, HTML, CSS, XML
Web Services: JSON, XML SOAP, RESTful, WSDL, UDDI, Rest Assured, Postman Web Services, SOAP, Rest, WSDL XPATH, Web Services, SOAP, Rest, WSDL
Dev. Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rally, JIRA
Database: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MySQL, MS SQL Server
IDEs: NetBeans, IntelliJ, Eclipse
OS: Windows, MAC, UNIX, Linux, DOS
Other. Tools: SVN, GIT, CVS
Build Tools/ Coverage Tools: ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Hudson
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation.
- Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven and created selenium automation scripts in java
- Validated and tested on the web and native apps on iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Implemented BDD through Cucumber and Created the Feature Files for Cucumber Automation.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed REST API Testing using Apache Http Java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Used Maven tool for the Project management and for the purpose of compile, run, deploy and to add external dependencies.
- Developed automated Data Driven scripts to perform negative and positive testing of an application by providing different data.
- Automate regression testing using hybrid framework i.e. both data driven & keyword driven using Selenium Web Driver.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting the files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing, in SOAP UI.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: AGILE, Java, Selenium Web Driver/ GRID, Maven, Web Services, SOAP UI, RESTful, TestNG, JSON, Cucumber, HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX, jQuery, XPath, Jenkins, JIRA, SQL Navigator, Oracle, GitHub, Rally.
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Setup Selenium RC/Web Driver using Eclipse IDE, created Jar files for automating the functional test of web applications in Eclipse IDE.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI tool.
- Involved in performing Smoke, Functional, System and Regression and backend Testing.
- Validating the Restful API Using Java, Apache Http Client and XML, JSON Parsers.
- Performed testing to include database conversion readiness; resolved defects and documented results.
- Created test data for interfaces in XML format to run through the test application.
- Develop requirements list, traceability matrix and test strategies, to include test cases and plans, for Interface based software test project.
- Performed manual testing and defect management; tracked, retested and documented results for web-based Reports and interfaces.
- Validate data and data mappings identified and rectified defects.
- Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-Toad and SQL queries.
- Documented all software support provided and tests carried on the applications. Compiled all test data and automated the process.
- Selected and procured defect management and tracking software for test use.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Jenkins, Apache Http Client, JAXB, Gson, SOAP UI, Agile, Eclipse, Firebug, HTML, XML, XPath, SQL, SVN, JUnit, JIRA, Webservices (SOAP and RESTful), Toad, Rally.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Created detailed test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual testing. Documented & executed the same for different modules using Quality Center.
- Involved in daily SCRUM meetings, working efficiently in agile methodology.
- Performed Functional testing, Regression testing, UI testing, and Integration testing.
- Training new team members for automation using Selenium Web Driver.
- Testing AJAX web site application, Implementing Selenium testing platform and using test scripts with Eclipse IDE, writing Selenium scripts using TestNG, writing test scripts (SOAP UI) to test web services.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Maintained and updated Selenium Web Driver scripts to meet changing functional specification and enhancements.
- Contributed in developing automation framework which uses Java, Web driver and TestNG.
- Writing automation test cases for mail front end and fixing automation script bugs.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services.
- Developing new test cases for every sprint and working with developers to automate their feature.
- Monitored and maintained smoke test cases which developer run before their check-ins.
- Developed network error test cases to check backend errors.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PLSQL with Oracle, TOAD and JDBC.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
Confidential, Peachtree city, GA
- Proactive participant in weekly AGILE team meetings and updated team lead and manager on status of testing.
- Analyzing and understanding Business Requirement Document written in JIRA and Use cases from SharePoint to design test cases
- Developing the Test Scripts, Test Conditions, Expected Results for one or more Test Plans, Including the Product, Regression, End to End, System Integration Testing. Develop, update and maintain the Testing Standards and Procedures.
- Involved in the Execution of the Test Scripts
- Performing manual testing through all phases of development life cycle (Usability, Functional, and Regression Testing) using black box testing methods.
- Executed QTP for running regression and BAT test cases
- Used Toad for writing SQL queries to validate backend applications to ensure accurate results.
- Verified the production logs file for checking exceptions after testing the application
- Coordinated with development team closely for issue resolution
- Managing Requirement Change Requests and implementing procedures for test changes.
- Developing Test Cases for Back-end testing, integrating SQL queries to be used in running test cases.
- Involved in informing the test lead of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process.
- Performed Configuration testing on some hardware platforms.
- Used Test Director for communicating between developers, product support and test team members.
- Tracking, reviewing, and analyzing defects using Quality Center.
- Provide guidance to development and project teams on appropriate approaches to testing delivered products, including test tool sets.
- Worked on functional, regression and system testing
- Accessed the system log files on the Unix Environment for verify the system issues and attach with the defect in quality center.
- Attended project meetings, Off-Shore meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Develop plan to identify, track and manage all issues and risks associated with responsibility areas with IT and Business teams.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, QTP, Windows, UNIX, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, JUnit, GIT, Maven, Microsoft Excel, Windows, Jenkins.
- Responsible for assuring quality throughout the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) for the Premium Services products.
- Actively involved in reviewing BRD with the Project Managers/Engineering teams to analyze and understand the product functionality and design the Test Environment.
- Plan and design the Test strategy to test Yahoo PSI transaction processing applications.
- Performed extensive browser compatibility testing & plug-ins testing for the PSI web application in Firefox 2.0 and IE 6/7, Opera, Mac- Safari browsers.
- Done and wrote various scripts in java script to validate plug-in and performed cookie- testing to validate user transactions.
- Very strong with HTML tags & validated HTML tags while testing the Video Ads application.
- Tested the PSI application on the mobile phones. Good knowledge of mobile application testing.
- Responsible for developing test plans, test cases and execution of the complete test cycle for the backend for Yahoo PSI.
- Developed the database test bed and simulated real time user environments and tested database performance for Oracle 9i, SQL Server, MySQL databases.
- Performed backend testing in Oracle /SQL Server/MySQL database and analyzed the log files for different error codes.
- Strong skills on working on payment processing systems.
- Setup the Test Environment and performed browser compatibility testing on different browsers like IE 6/7, Firefox, Opera, Mac-Safari and expertise with working on different OS like Red Hat and Linux, Vista and Windows XP.
Environment: Quality Center, Manual testing, Windows server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 9i/10g, MySQL.