- Seasoned quality assurance engineer with strong 17 years of experience in mobile testing and web based applications software testing.
- Well experienced in all phases of development life cycle from requirements gathering to developing test plans, test cases, conducting testing walk through, issue management. Hiring, training and managing in house as well as outsourced resources. Selenium automation.
- Strong in Black box testing techniques for Functional, Performance, GUI, End - to-end, Database, Regression, Integration, System testing. Have 1-2 years of Java Selenium automation experience.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Extensive experience at all breakpoints - desktop, iOS, and android devices for last 7 years.
- Extensive experience in Functional, UI, Integration, Regression, System Testing phases
- Proficient in Defect Management tool - HP Quality Center - test plans, test cases and bug management, Bugzilla, TestLink and Jira.
- Excellent experience in using MS Word and Excel for writing Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Used Selenium IDE 2.9.0 for the automation of web applications in Java.
- Excellent experience in managing outsource and in house QA teams for 5 years.
- Interface with marketing, qa team members, developers, stakeholders, project managers.
- Experience with google analytics, tracking customers- YPCST - Confidential Customer Side Tracking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly adapt across various domains and diversified work culture
- Extensively worked on GUI testing on desktop, iOS and Android devices, back-end / database testing (SQL Server) and validating the application against the database. Write queries to validate the GUI data with the back end, validate the utm parameters in the database, View records, Update records.
- I was the main QA for UI testing for all the apps. Manual UI testing was done at all breakpoints.
- Worked with tools like Odin and Splunk to research logs and resolve blocker bugs.
- Worked with Linux to schedule the automation project.
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML, Java, Unix, linux
Database: Oracle 7/8i, PL/SQL2005, Oracle Query Builder 188.8.131.52.0, TOAD
Productivity tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook)
Testing tools: WinRunner, QTP, Bugzilla, JIRA, Quality Center, Alliance Manager, Device Anywhere, SoapUI, Web services, Haddoop, POSTMAN, API testing, Testlink.
Graphics Development Tools/ Automation: Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe ImageReady, FrontPage 2000, Selenium IDE 2.9.0, JUNIT, TestNG, Eclipse, Jenkins
Lead QA Engineer
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Lead for 2 projects since 2010. Leading and managing Email Solutions and Marketing Site projects.
- Full understanding of system requirements, reviewing the design and functional details of the business with the respective business stakeholders to define test plan for the system
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience testing various systems - Functional, End to End, UI testing, Cross Browser Compatibility, Integration, Regression on desktop, iSO and Android devices.
- Responsible for developing test plans, test cases for web based applications, E-Commerce integration.
- Writing detailed test cases on UI of the web app from the business requirements was one of the main segment of the testing phase. Giving extra attention to the flow of the app.
- Proficient in restarting services like Internet Information Services (IIS), FreeSwitch, Ejabberd.
- Completed 2 projects using TestNG framework for creating scripts in java eclipse. Automated using java eclipse scripts for testing cross browsers, compatibility, functionality, regressions of the Marketing Site project for UI and Email Generation project.
- Gained extensive experience with deploying builds to various environments for testing purposes.
- Deploy tpkgs to test, stage and production environments on daily basis as part of testing.
- Use Haddoop for ypcst (YellowPages Client Side Tracking) testing.
- Responsibilities include creation of test cases and their execution on android devices, iphones, ipads.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including on 3G, 4G/LTE and Wi-Fi.
- Validation using simulators and emulators and also with real time devices.
- Experience in testing Eloqua forms, performed integration testing of forms with Eloqua and ypcst.
- Set up the Linux box to schedule the selenium automation project.
QA Manager (Mobile and Web)
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Worked as QA Manager for 5 years.
- I interviewed, hired and trained new QAs.
- Coordinated and managed in house and offshore testing teams in India (4 qa) and New Jersey (4 qa) and in-house team of 8.
- Cutting resource expenses by negotiating with the outsource vendors.
- Worked with director in managing the QA budget. Negotiated with the outsource agencies.
- Provided technical leadership, assigned tasks, mentored QA engineers.
- Getting daily/weekly statuses from outsource and in house teams.
- Sending status of each project to the stakeholders, product teams and managers.
- Developed strong expertise in mobile handset and web application testing.
- Central point of communication and coordination with business manager, development team, operations and architects on product roadmap and issue tracking.
- Delivered through test plan, test case execution reports and test duration estimation documents.
- Identified resource gaps in project execution and mitigated it by renting test gear, hiring contractors, using testing team in house. Worked for careers like Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Metro PCS, Telus and AT&T.
- Tested brew, j2me, wap applications on devices like Motorola, Nokia, LGs, SonyEricsson, Keyocera, Samsung and iphone.
Senior Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Lead in charge of a team responsible for testing XML.
- Developed testing requirements from business and technical requirements documents
- Lead test plan walk through with Product manager and Project team
- Managed testing execution, prepared status reports and organized bug walkthrough meetings
- Executed XML scripts to validate data, performed functional testing, system testing, integration testing, stress testing, regression testing, quality control, UA and production environment testing.
- Worked with Quality Center for test plans, test cases, testing and test defects.