- Highly accomplished QA Engineer with more than 9 + years of experience in all aspects of Systems Development Life Cycle in Telecom, Insurance, Healthcare and Banking domains. Highly adept at designing and applying test methodologies to ensure products meet required specifications and Performance expectations.
- Solid working experience of AGILE Methodologies and Scrum Processes.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java.
- Expertise in writing Automation scripts in Selenium, using Java programming languages.
- Experience in Preparation of Automated Tests using Keyword, Hybrid, Data Driven Framework using Selenium & JUnit Framework.
- Strong experience in Automation Skills in both UI and web services.
- Strong skills in backend testing using SQL, Toad.
- Highly skilled in creating and executing Test Cases and having good knowledge in QA Methodologies and SCM applications.
- Extensive experience in Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance.
- Hands on experience in Software testing process which includes executing tests, recording results, test reports and defect tracking.
- Extensive experience in Testing Client Server and Web based applications.
- Extensive hands on experience with Manual Testing using HP ALM and Quality Center.
- Strong in Analyzing Business spec and Develop Test Plans, Test Scripts & Test Cases and Execute them.
- Experience in writing Test plans, defining Test cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts.
- Experience with n - tier systems and both Web and Application Servers.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding Testing Status and Defect & Change Tracking using Quality Center and JIRA.
- Interacted with developers & various members of team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
- Having excellent communication skills and fast learning capabilities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
Languages: Java, SQL
Databases: TOAD, Oracle
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Selenium IDE
Manual Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA
Build Management Tools: GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Maven, ANT,TFS
Microsoft Tools: MS Office Professional 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio),Microsoft Test Manager
O/S: Windows 7/8, UNIX
Web technologies: XML,HTML
Browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome & IE
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Hands on experience on AGILE Methodology and contribute to Scrum activities like daily stand ups, iteration planning, estimate/reporting and acceptance criteria definition.
- Analyzing the pre-converted data and post conversion data to make sure the business rules are as per the Functional Specification.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a Test-Driven Development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing on the front end of the development cycle.
- Preparations of Test Scenarios, Test scripts, Navigational scripts, RTM.
- Review of Test cases, Scenarios and traceability matrix and walkthrough of the scenarios/ cases to business when needed.
- Developing Automation test scripts related to manual test cases and created test cases using element locators, Selenium Web driver, and Selenium Grid and RC methods.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java Programming features, Junit and TestNG Annotations.
- Executed cross-browser and parallel testing using TestNG.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to author Maven scripts for project build/test/deployment and specifies which files needed to be executed.
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Jenkins as Continuous integration for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Conducted Data driven testing, cross browser testing by giving the Automation test conversion Estimations.
- Involved in Automation Environment set up using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver jars and TestNG.
- Executed and managed test cases and responsible for defect tracking in HP ALM QC.
- Consolidated Database extract validations to the policy admin systems.
- Expertise in converting manual test cases into automation smoke, Ad-Hoc and regression suites.
- Used TOAD for SQL Server to write SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes.
- Participated in implementation of Reports.
- Involved in managing project level issues and risks, helping in defining policies, KPIs.
- Analyzing Test Results, Preparing Result mails and sending Status Mails on daily basis.
- Trained manual testers to execute and analyze automation smoke and regression tests.
Environment: AGILE methodology, Oracle, HP ALM QC, Perl/Shell/python, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, Jenkins, Maven, TestnG, ANT, Eclipse IDE
- Analyze business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Understanding new requirements and developing QA Test cases for the new Test Cases.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
- Responsible for attending the daily meeting regarding the status of the Application on daily basis in the Agile Environment.
- Worked on Key Word Driven, Data Driven API (POI) and Behaviour Data Driven-Cucumber.
- Hands on experience on TestNG framework and Integration with Selenium.
- Reported the test result by using TestNG and different API.
- Regression testing, Acceptance testing (UAT), End-End testing, Stress testing, Smoke testing, API testing.
- Involved in creating User Stories in Version One and writing Acceptance Criteria.
- Involved in breaking down the User Story into Tasks and assigning.
- Used Core Java and Collections to build the framework.
- Responsible for over viewing reported bugs.
- Automated, Debugged, and Resolved issues faced during the development.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Created a test groups based on the priorities and executing those based on the requirements.
- Used Maven as the build tool, GIT for version control.
Environment: Quality Center, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver), Junit/Java, Eclipse 3.5, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, UAT
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with Business analyst and developers to understand the application/SRS document.
- Experience with the Property and Casualty Insurance system.
- Performed software requirements traceability analysis to trace software requirements to (and from) system requirements and to risk analysis results.
- Created Test plan, Test Objectives that includes the objective, Scope, Testing strategy and others.
- Created Test cases in MTM using SRS document and use cases and also mapped the requirements to the test cases.
- Executed system and integration test cases throughout the Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
- Performed Regression Testing to make sure the application works stable as per Requirements.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium.
- Experience in creating/executing Data Driven frame work.
- Update framework with reusable/generic functions if any while developing automation scripts.
- Monitor the automation test runs and raise defects for legitimate test failures.
- Involved in writing SQL statements to extract Data and verified the output Data of the reports.
- Analyze data and utilize SQL queries both in Oracle and MS SQL to validate test cases.
- Utilized MS SQL to develop queries to validate back end data and set up test data.
- Modified and maintained test cases due to changes in the requirements.
- Detected, reported and classified bugs in TFS.
- Automated the process of validating JSON output file with CSV and XML files.
- Experience in Supporting UAT phase by validating UAT test cases and retesting UAT bugs.
- Maintained the Project dashboard with daily updates, test statistics to the project team.
- Involved in walkthroughs with development team, attended Defect report meetings, test management, pre-post implementation test meeting
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Microsoft Test Manager,TFS,TOAD,MS SQL,XML, HTML, Firefox, IE, Chrome Browsers
- Working effectively with developers, AGILE Team, Product Owners to achieve Selenium Automation, high quality, release deadlines, and QA processes improvements.
- Developed the Automation Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver &JUnit Framework
- Reviewed manual test cases thoroughly and build the automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested the Applications based on the User Type to confirm the type of access as the data should be provided in a secured manner.
- Coordinated with the off-shore teams to support the tests for all the enterprise products and couple of platforms across the company.
- Managed and facilitated the execution of all UAT functional and regression testing efforts for new product rollouts, product enhancements and application bug fixes.
- Liaise with senior management to collaborate on special projects, including a significant number of departmental process improvements.
- Actively involved in various projects in advisory or implementation role. (Automation, data enhancement, product enhancement)
- Reviewed the code submitted by offshore team at the end of the Sprints.
- Prepared test cases and scripts utilizing TestNG annotations
- Used GitHub as a Build Management Tool.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team.
- Configured Maven for Java automation scripts and developed Page Object Model (POM) and Page Factory.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database to verify UI results.
- Worked with offshore engagement model
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, GitHub,Maven, HP QC 10.0,XML, HTML, Firefox, IE, Chrome Browsers
- Actively interacted with business users and developers to understand the business/test scenarios.
- Designed and implemented test scripts and managed Selenium test automation processes.
- Modified automated test scripts as per system functionality and functional requirements
- Automated claim processing system using Selenium WebDriver, Java.
- Developed, executed and maintained Selenium Automation scripts for TDS web application.
- Performed backend testing to ensure data consistency on frontend by writing and executing SQL queries on the database
- Led and Managed functional, Integration, and defect resolution.
- Configured changes, detailed test plans and test execution.
- Knowledge transfer and training development
- UAT testing and Regression testing login to the HP Quality Center and retrieved the data related test case and performed manual testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Subversion (SVN), Quality Center10/9.2, XML, HTML, Firefox, IE, Chrome Browsers
- Review the Business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and Use case Document (UCD).
- Participated and Attended in Review meetings and Peer Reviews.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions).
- Perform Agile Methodology in complete testing.
- Executed smoke test cases for Smoke Testing for each build.
- Quality Center used for Test Management and Defect Management.
- Involved in authoring scripts for automation testing using selenium for regression testing.
- Created Test Sets for simultaneously executing selected test cases for regression testing in the Test Lab Module of Quality Center.
- Created Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test Cases in Quality Center to confirm the Test Coverage.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Quality Center10/9.2, Firefox, IE, Chrome Browsers, PL/SQL Developer, Selenium web driver