- Over 6 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) beginning from initiation and definition to deployment and support.
- Extensive knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Experience in defining detailed test plans, including organization, participants, schedule, test and application coverage scope.
- Experience in gathering and defining functional and user interface requirements for software applications.
- Collaborated with the development team to understand new product features for designing and developing test cases.
- Strong analytical experience in developing detailed business level test scenarios and individual test events and scripts based on functional and business requirements.
- Experience in developing, reviewing and managing requirements traceability (requirements, application components, test cases, test case execution results).
- Experience in defining and executing test data acquisition, including production data set selection and test data generation, as well as manual data preparation.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases of various Business applications, and complete familiarity with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Working Knowledge of 508 compliance testing.
- Experienced with supporting Test Cycles, Compiling Test Status Reports, participating Defect Status meetings, Project Status meetings and interacting with Project Managers, Operations Teams, and Engineers.
- Proficient in different phases of testing: Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and 508 Compliance Testing.
- Worked with program management, software development, operations management and end users to test and document projects and project enhancements.
- Expert in writing SQL queries using SQL *Plus command line and Oracle SQL Developer for backend testing to validate database.
- ProficientinOracle11g/12cand MS SQL Server2008/2012 databases.
- Used HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM)for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting, and familiarity with other features of Alm and Administration.
- Experienced in d evelo ping automated Test Scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) and automated various Business Flows for E - Commerce activities.
- Experienced in creating test scripts from scratch and enhancements.
- Expert in creating data-driven automation test framework and used XML base input test data to reduced script maintenance time.
- Experience working with the agile development environment.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced team environment while consistently maintaining a positive and professional behavior.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to easily shift priorities, multi-tasking and capable of producing quality work with minimal supervision, while meeting designated timelines.
- Ability to up-to-date with new technologies, operating systems, automated testing tools in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Ability to triage software defects providing development staff with adequate information for remediation.
- Attention to detail, solid work ethics concerning production deadlines and reliability.
- U.S. Citizen and authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, TFS
508 Compliance Tools: Jaws and WAVE.
Automation Testing Tools: HP Quickest Professional, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
Languages: Visual Basic, C++, C#, Java, HTML, VB Script, XML.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1/10, Windows Server 2008/2012
Database: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g, 12c
Application Server: Web Logic, IIS, Apache.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Involved in Daily Meetings and Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages.
- Developed, executed and implemented test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications built upon a .NET application platform.
- Develop detailed test strategy, test approach, project plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Manual test cases, and Test Steps for various Business methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on Web-Based applications and used HP ALM for test management tool.
- Used HP ALM for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results.
- Utilized ALM Defect Section for the track, report and manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during the testing cycle.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope and constraints.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using Oracle SQL Developer and added SQL queries to the required Test cases.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using SQL *Plus to validate backend functionality of the application.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, also established regression test suite, both manual and automation to assure the stability of SUT.
- Communicated actively with 508 testing team.
- Developed automation test plan and identified the test cases to automate as an automated regression test suite using HP Unified Functional Testing (HP UFT).
- Implemented Data Driven automation framework and enhanced test scripts for better reusability and repeatability using MS Excel and XML based input test data.
- Parameterized test scripts to support multiple sets of test data to extend testing coverage.
- Created Shared Objects Repository and incorporated with scripts to reduce scripts maintenance time.
- Created reusable functions, sub-routines using VBScript and store into function library to support code reusability.
- Developed automated scripts using descriptive programming method by capturing object properties and values using object spy.
- Executed and maintained automated test suites and provided test results to the testing team and project management.
- Implemented quality assurance objectives and processes, monitor and evaluate testing results against the predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for improvements.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status.
Environment: Java/J2EE, VBScript, ALM, HP Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Oracle EBS- Oracle 11g, SQL Server 08, SQL, PL/SQL, IIS and Windows Server 2008.
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Huntersville, NC
- Hands on experience in Agile Scrum Methodology, involved in the full lifecycle of the project, attended daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings, update the test data as per the frequently changing requirement.
- Analyzed System Design Documents and involved in the review discussions of Business Requirements.
- Reviewed the Use Cases in Use Case document and converting into test scenarios and test cases test scripts.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix of Use Case coverage with Test Cases
- Involved in categorizing of environment specific Test data.
- Worked as a manual tester to create test scenarios, test plan, test cases of system design documents.
- Involved in generating Test cases for the existing system to new system for different Levels of Business.
- Responsible for reviewing the development standards, testing standards, and processes.
- Performed Positive and negative testing, Black Box, and End User Testing.
- Involved in performing Functional, Application, Integration, System and regression tests.
- Improved control of testing tools and increased the Regression Functionality coverage.
- Performed smoke, usability, functionality, GUI, browser compatibility and regression tests.
- Extensively used SQL *plus and Oracle SQL Developer tools to access and manipulate Oracle 11G database and validated back-end testing.
- Written SQL Queries to fetch data from a single table and as well as multiple tables using JOIN statement.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and HP ALM.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of AUT.
- Involved in development of Automation Testing strategies and Test Process; developed automation testing requirements, prepared test scripts, running tests, collecting test results metrics.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using HP UFT.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and enhancing scripts using various checkpoints.
- Created Data Driven Framework to reduce automated scripts maintenance time.
- Created external excel file for storing input test data for better scripts optimization and reduce script maintenance time.
- Participated in bug review meetings and daily stand-ups to provide QA estimates.
- Worked closely with team members and proactively communicated issues to the developer, which reduced turnaround time in fixing issues.
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings to discuss testing process and resolve issues.
- Interacted closely with developers, environment people, team manager, Technical lead and team members for feature issues and discussion.
- Acted as an end user, business users and project team to resolve issues.
Environment: .NET, Java/J2EE, VBScript, ALM, HP UFT, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Windows Server 2008, and IIS.
Confidential, Timonium, Maryland
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Use Cases and Test cases to evaluate the functionalities.
- Attended technical specifications review sessions with product and architecture teams to provide feedback in the elaboration phase.
- Created test plans outlining the scope, approach, schedule, resources, and deliverables.
- Coordinated the maintenance of multiple test environments to support parallel test efforts.
- Used HP Quality Center to map requirements to test cases, provide traceability to requirements, create test sets and selectively run tests both manually and using automation test scripts.
- Communicated defects with developers and updated comments in Quality center.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and HP Quality Center.
- Involved in Meetings/Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages.
- Utilized HP Quality Center to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during the testing cycle.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope, Dependency, and Constraints.
- Acted as an end user, business users and project team to resolve issues.
Environment: .NET, Java/J2EE, VBScript, HP ALM, HP UFT, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Windows Server 2008, and IIS.