- Over 4.5 years of significant experience in the software industry with expertise in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experienced in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA Testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Automation testing and manual testing.
- Experienced in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, reviewing Requirements and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Exposure in all phases of Software Development Life - Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life-Cycle (STLC) in AGILE environment.
- Work experience with software automation testing tools/ framework like TestNG, JUnit, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Automation Framework and Selenium Grid.
- Good knowledge in Behavior data driven (BDD) automation testing framework utilizing Java, Cucumber and Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked with release management team to properly plan and allocate resources to test applications before releasing them into production.
- Responsible for performing Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, GUI testing, Black Box testing and Cross Browser testing.
- Actively participated in walk through meetings and interacted with developers for technical issues.
- Prepare Consolidated Defect Report at the end of each round of testing and attended daily status meetings to discuss defects and testing progress.
- Automated the regression test cases using the Selenium & TestNG.
- Have knowledge on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI tools.
- Experienced in Defect Reporting & Tracking and compiling Defect Metrics using JIRA, HP ALM.
- Worked with various Source Control System (SCM) like GIT, SVN, BitBucket and performed various operations like branching, merging and tagging.
- Good analytical and communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work in as a team.
Confidential, New York, NY
Automation QA Engineer (Selenium)
- Participated in Story mapping, Story boarding and requirements gathering (Sprint) sessions.
- Participated in daily standups, Sprint planning, retrospective and grooming sessions.
- Performed Gap Analysis and documented the missing requirements and escalated to Test manger and Test Team.
- Designed Manual and Automated Test cases and Test Scenarios for the application module according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Involved in Test case review, Peer review, Business requirement review and Design reviews for better implementation of project.
- Developed test suites by grouping test methods and classes using TestNG annotations
- Performed Requirements mapping from Requirements to Test Cases and created Traceability Matrix report using ALM.
- Developed Testing Document - Test plan, Test Scenario & Test Summary Report for numerous Releases.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated them by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Written Automation Test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, and Selenium Grid.
- Skilled in identifying Selenium test case defects, understand them and expertise in performing backend data validation/testing using SQL queries to validate the completeness, integrity and accuracy of data records.
- Executing SQL queries to check right messages are being recorded and too recon it with playback files.
- Extensively tested negative use cases to ensure that the application behaved as expected satisfying security requirements.
- Involved in Defect Triage meetings to provide accurate information on the defects raised while testing the application.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Helped in creating automation script using Selenium driver using JAVA, Eclipse, XPATH, CSS, Firebug, and Fire Path that use different browsers IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Assisting UAT testers with data setup and executing business scenarios.
- Interact with developers and Product Managers to identify gaps between requirement and deployed feature and also to identify issues like By Design, won't fix or plan for future release.
- Conducting retrospective sessions with UAT testers to increase quality of testing.
- Documented test results and testing procedures after every release.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), JIRA, SQL, Subversion, GIT, ANT, Eclipse, Core JAVA, HTML
Confidential, Woodbridge, NJ
Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Analyzed the Business requirements, Functional specification and Use case documents.
- Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all of the project activities.
- Review project development documents to understand functionalities of various builds and testing requirements accordingly.
- Interacted with project team and users to get information about the application and developed various tests that can be performed for the specific application.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining product requirements
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on requirements.
- Reporting testing progress and communicating any issues that came up during testing process to the project management.
- Created Test suites and test cases in JUnit for various scenarios in the application
- In a close collaboration with the development team developed JIRA issue tracking process in order to clarify development and testing activities Involved in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Logged the errors and coordinated with the development team to solve the problems using JIRA.
- Active participation in weekly meetings discussing challenges and achievements.
- Proactively sought more work and was able to work efficiently as a team member as well as an individual.
- Documented step by step progress on a daily basis.
- Attended all project meetings, defect review meetings, project status meetings.
Environment: - Selenium Web Driver, Junit, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), JIRA, Eclipse, Core JAVA, Windows 2008/2012 R2, MS Office suite, XPath, Firebug.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements document and have written Test Cases.
- Analyzed the Test plan, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Ensure traceability of test cases back to the Business requirements.
- Involved in writing manual test scripts.
- Interacting with Development team to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Created customized Documentation templates in MSWord, MS Excel for use by the entire Testing team.
- Conducted Unit, Integration and regression testing for all the modules.
- Reported daily/ weekly status of test cases executed and status of the defects.
- Review test cases, Requirement traceability matrix with the business.
- Gathered requirements from the client, understanding the business logic and rules, converting the logic.
- Identify training needs, recommendations to improve customer experience.
- Tested release candidates, updates and third-party app updates for apps on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Actively participated in QA team meetings and discussions.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using Atlassian JIRA.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center .