- Over 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing (Manual & Automation), proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Model.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins and Cucumber.
- Key expertise includes testing & debugging GUI & Multi - Applications environment & automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and the Selenium library.
- Experienced in Web Service testing by using SoapUI with the help of Groovy Scripting.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in using Jenkins/Hudson as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Ant/Maven.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experience in the development of Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks in Selenium.
- Experience in using other testing tools like QTP, Loadrunner etc.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Test Automation Planning, Developing and Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Tracking and Custom Report Generation.
- Proficient in Back-end Database Testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, Procedures using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center and BugZilla.
- Provided process leadership and projects management within the Quality Assurance Team, including researching, recommending, and implementing quality process improvements and automation tools, and mentoring other Quality Assurance staff.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Exposure to all aspects of Testing, Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Production Support.
- Proven strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills and great attention to details.
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of the business and enterprise-wide.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Communication and Presentation skills, and always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform Environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, Quality Center, Soap UI, ALM, Cucumber
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Carmel, IN
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI API.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them
- Performed GUI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in Agile methodology.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, MVC, Data Driven Framework, Quality Center, XPath, DOM, WebServices, agile, Apache, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Design, develop and implement MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Extensively involved in identifying test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Involved in Writing ANT build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of Junit test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, and Admin UI and java client modules.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- On daily basis used build tools like Maven and Jenkins to build and regress automated tests into the PayPal CI process, and for VCS used GIT; documented and tracked defects and produced detailed reports using Jira and Rally.
- Converted QTP scripts into Selenium scripts. Used Java as Language and Eclipse as IDE, Maven as build tool, Jenkins as CI tools.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using TestNG, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Wrote extensive XML (Document Object Model) Scripts to verify and validate Python Anvil (Window and Linux Applications).
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Conducted User Acceptance Test ( UAT ) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, MVC, Jira, agile, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, Rest, SVN, Git, UAT, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Worked closely with business analysts and developers for thorough requirements review and developing test scenarios.
- Developed System Test Cases and procedures to test various application points.
- Involved in Look and Feel testing of the application windows using the deliverables.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver Scripts using java and Junit covering all requirements for enhancements.
- Developed automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver with Junit for the various modules.
- Implemented Modular framework for Selenium Scripts using Page library.
- Created Selenium Test cases with Junit Test case frame work using page library.
- Developed ANT scripts to automate Build Process for running Regression Scripts.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Soap UI.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Created Test Sets to do Functional and Data Driven Testing on the Web Services.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Ran SQL queries to perform Backend Testing.
- Quality Center was used as the overall Test Management Tool, where scripts were located and stored under respective Project Folders.
- Performed Defect tracking in QC. Defects were linked via traceability to specific test case.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Ant, Soap UI, Quality Center, XML, HTML, Eclipse, XPath, Windows.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Fire Fox, Safari and Chrome.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium WebDriver.
- Wrote test cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, Integration, Unit Testing.
- Performed records, enhanced, and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Collaboration with development and other QA on test execution.
- Tested the soap based web services using SOAP UI.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Involved in Creating check lists for testing team.
QA Manual Tester
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Designed and executed test plans and test cases, generate test scripts and test scenarios.
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology starting from planning, capturing, creating, executing reporting and tracking the defects using Quality Center.
- Wrote and executed test cases and reported defects using Quality Center.
- Prepared test cases, according to the business specification and wrote test scripts and maintained them.
- Executed manual testing to perform functional testing on the user interface.
- Performed Integration testing, Acceptance testing manually.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality Center, for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by Writing SQL queries using Management Studio Tool.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports.
Environment: Java, Manual testing, SQL, Quality Center, Windows.