- Over 15 years of experience developing and managing software QA programs and teams
- Experienced in all aspects of test development, including documenting and translation of functional specifications into test objectives.
- Experienced in the Functional Automation of the API’s and the Web services, Web Applications using Selenium Webdriver2, Mercury Winrunner, QTP, IBM Rational Suite(RTM, RFT), RadView Webload, C#, .NET Framework, VS Unit Testing Framework, AZURE REST APIs, NUnit and SQL Server.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries, Procedures & functions.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Extensive experience in ETL process consisting of data transformation, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading
- Experienced in implementing test automation frameworks.
- Expertise in Restful web services testing using jayway REST Assured and SOUP UI
- Experienced in pharmaceutical and e - commerce domains.
- Certified Scrum Master from Agile
- Certified ‘Project Management for Software Development’ from Learning Tree International.
- Proven self-starter with track record of setting goals and delivering results.
- Experienced in ETL, JDA and Data warehouse Testing.
- Experienced in managing On-Shore and Off-Shore Teams.
Operating system: Windows 95 98 & 2000, Windows NT/XP, UNIX
Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, Access
Databases: Oracle, Access, Sybase, Lotus Notes
MSSQL Server:, DB2/400
Version Control: VSS, SVN and TFS
Languages: SQL, Visual Basic6.0, VB.net, ASP.net, RPG /400, COBOL/400, HTML, C# and Java.
Testing tool: QTP10, Quality Center, Rational Test Manager, Rational Manual Tester, Rational Functional Tester and RadView webload, Selenium WebDriver 2.0, MS Test Manager
Methodologies: Quality Assurance, ISO9000, IEEE and CMM
OLAP Tools: Business Objects5x, Web Intelligence2.6, Microstrategy7.0/7i and Crystal Reports
Supply Chain Mgmt: JDA & Sterling
QA Automation Lead
- Managed on-shore and off-shore team of 5 QA’s.
- Involved in Resource Planning on daily and project basis.
- Created QA Test plans for various projects
- Participated in daily scrum meetings, Backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Worked on multiple projects and used different test management tools to track quality efforts like Quality Center, Rally, JIRA and MS Test Manager.
- Working as a QA Automation lead to create automated functional, regression and smoke test cases in a test driven development environment (TDD).
- Designed and built automation framework for customer webstores using selenium2.0, and build tools TestNG and Maven.
- Continuous integration is performed using Bamboo and Jenkins to run scheduled jobs.
- Implemented Page Factory and Data Driven Framework using Selenium Webdriver & TestNG.
- Designed and built frameworks that support test development and its application in testing e-Commerce API's, Components, Web Services, Relational database and content Management systems.
- Experienced in Web Services manual testing using Chrome Postman, Fiddler- Rest Client
- Developed framework to test RESTful web services using REST Assured and Gradle for AERO RAP project.
- Subversion (SVN) is used to manage/track Selenium automated test script changes.
- Implemented Page Factory Pattern automation framework for VendorNext Project using C#, Selenium Webdriver on top of .Net Unit Test Framework.
- Developed automated testing suite for testing web applications in e-commerce domain using Selenium2.0, Microsoft Visual Studio(C# language) and Page Object Pattern approach
- Created build and deploy process on TFS to run nightly test builds.
- Implemented automation tests to validate REST service request and response both XML and JSON using .NET Unit Test Framework with C# and Http Client.
- Working knowledge of SOAP UI for testing web services. Ability to run reports from SOAP UI for reporting purposes.
- Verified web application exceptions/failures in UNIX log files.
- Verified online web orders in JDA (AS/400) warehouse
- Basic and Complex SQL queries were created/executed to verify the online data in database.
- Escalated the issues to higher ups based on priority/severity
- JIRA & Rally is used to manage/track production issues and team efforts
Environment: Windows’00/xp/NT, Java, C#, JSP, Oracle8/9i/10g, .NET, UNIX and AS/400
Testing Tools: HP (Quality Center) and Selenium2.0, Rally, JIRA, SVN, TFS, TestNG, Jenkins/Bamboo and Gradle.
QA Automation Lead
- Lead the team of 3 people.
- Involved in Team meetings, requirement review meetings, and product whiteboard sessions.
- Created Test plans based on scope items and converted business (functional & non-functional) requirements into Test cases and converted those test cases into Test Scripts in Ration suite (Rational manual tester, Rational Functional Tester).
- Created documents to support automation efforts like Automation Standards & Framework, Planning and Execution documents.
- Created Automation Framework document to support dynamic scrip development.
- Created Rational Testing Environment, includes rational software installation on network & on individual machines, creating rational projects and bridging between RFT, RMT, RPT, ReqPro, ClearQuest and RTM.
- Created automation scripts with RFT in java language
- Created object mappings with the object map insert tool. Created Global and Private Test Object mappings to support the scripts created functions to identify objects dynamical by passing object properties.
- Inserted different verification points dynamically
- Integrated RFT project with Test Manager. Created Test Suites & linked RFT scripts to them with in Test Manager.
- Executed the scripts on remote systems using Agent Computers.
- Monitored test logs in Test Manager.
- Used RFT helper superclasses to extend the test classes.
- Created and Maintained ClearQuest database and QA web server.
- Involved in Black box, Functional, integration, regression and system testing phases.
- Created sql queries to compare the application reports data.
- Automated scripts were created using Java scripting in RFT
- Created VU scripts to test the load and performance of the web application.
- Data pools are created and used for data driven testing.
- Configured Object recognition properties based on AUT needs.
- Implemented dynamic scripts to support all browsers.
- Created Test Log Summary, Issue Log Summary, VU pass/fail summary, performance testing documents.
- Performed silverlight application testing in all different browsers
- Validated XAML and XML file structures and also compared the nodes & properties
Environment: Windows’00/xp/NT, Java, JSP, Oracle8/9i/10g, SQLServer, C and .NET, WCF, WPF, IIS6
Testing Tools: IBM Rational (Administrator, Manager, Manual Tester, Functional Tester, Performance Tester, Clear quest and ReqPro).
- Lead the team of 8 people.
- Managed the planning and development of software Test plans, Test Cases, Test scripts. Organized and prioritized the testing activities for new and existing releases and accessed the impact of new functionality on testing efforts
- Coordinated with QA members the prioritization of the testing efforts and cross track dependencies.
- Responsible in Coordinating and planning the priority of testing efforts from a Business criticality perspective
- Identified and escalated issues that impede progress of testing to higher management - resources constraints, requirement gaps, technical issues, etc.
- Responsible for compiling and delivering the Test Summary report after each major release
- Lead the testing efforts on cross-functional data warehouse projects (BMS, AZ, Novartis, Genentech and Roche)
- Responsible for estimating QA Team budget and tracking expenditure against agreed targets.
- Responsible for team management, staff recruitment, career development, appraisal and recommendation of salary levels. Also includes responsibility for the team’s individual and collective performance.
- Involved in Waterfall System Development Life Cycle model.
- Designed & Developed QA test environment and QA test process.
- Conducted and Attended project team meetings and weekly status meetings.
- Involved in Agile project development process. As a scrum master developed sprints using backlogs.
- Developed various matrixes like resource utilization, test case pass/fail, bug tracking & builds
- Involved in Black Box, White Box, Functional, Integration, Regression, Load, Volume, System, Cross-Platform and Installation testing.
- Automated Test cases and test scripts were generated using QTP8.2 and Rational Robot.
- Data tables & data pools were created and parameterized the scripts to support data driven testing.
- Check points & verification points were created to compare Record Time Vs Run Time values.
- GUI files were created to store object mappings.
- Created Alpha, Beta, Functional, Integration, Inspection, Work Instruction and System Test plans based on Functional specifications.
- Edited existing test scripts to meet new functionality. Used data tables & data pools to run scripts under different sets of data.
- Generated various reports, graphs and listing hierarchies using Test Director & Test Manager
- Involved in creating and generating reports using MicroStratergy7 and Business Objects.
- Created SQL queries to validate front-end reports.
- Worked extensively on Oracle 9i/10g & SQL Server 2000/2005. Created QC SQL querys, procedures to compare Microstrategy generated reports for multiple products on a daily basis.
- Performed load-testing using Web Load tool.
- Issues were reported using PVCS Issue Tracker.
Environment: Windows’95/98/00/xp/NT, ColdFusion, Java, JSP, Oracle8/9i/10g, C, C++, .NET, Business Objects and Micro Stratergy7.0/7i
Testing Tools: HP- Mercury (Quicktest Pro, Quality Center), Rational Robot and WebLoad.