- Experience working in all stages of product development life cycle (planning, designing, coding, testing, and maintenance)
- Experience with software validation methodologies like Waterfall, RUP, Agile/Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience working with online ecommerce, media, entertainment and networking domains.
- Ability to understand business requirements, use case, user stories and estimation for delivery commitments.
- Experience with Manual testing, Automation and Performance testing.
- Experience with various stages software QA testing (STLC) such as requirements analysis, test planning, Black Box Testing, White Box testing, Performance, Stress and Load testing, UAT, regression, reporting and root cause analysis.
- Strong defects reporting, tracking/monitoring skills - Bug Life Cycle
- Experience in Test Rail, HP ALM(Quality Center), Selenium WebDriver, Grid, JMeter, JIRA, Confluence, Drop Box, Firebug, Dev Tools, Node.JS, Eclipse IDE, Log4j, TestNG, POM, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, POI, Katalon Studio and other open source tools.
- Experience in Data validation and different types of RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server and IBM DB2.
- Experience preparing and executing test plans, test suites, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, test data, test matrix, and defect reports.
- Experience analyzing technical documentation such as business requirements, functional requirements, design mocks, wireframes, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
- Experience with test automation framework.
- Experience in testing different browsers based GUI applications.
- Experience in testing apps and web applications on native and hybrid mobile devices.
- Knowledge of testing in Service Oriented Architecture and web service testing tools.
- Experience using bug tracking, release management, and test management tools.
- Familiar with web technologies, web applications and content management systems.
- Familiar with Java, .net, API, VMware and cloud (SaaS) based applications.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in process framework implementation and cross functional team management.
- Proficiency in Public Speaking.
Software Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Grid, JMeter, Oracle SQLDeveloper, RESTClient, POSTMAN, SOAPUI, HP UFT/QTP, SoapUI, Cucumber, Charles
Test Management: Test Rail, HP ALM/QC, MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, Wiki
Web Tech/Language: HTML, Java, CSS, MySQL, PHP, C, AJAX, VBScript, DHTML, FTP, HTTP, DHCP, APACHE Tomcat, Web Sphere, MS IIS, JSP, ASP, J2EE, XML, JSON, PL/SQL, .Net, API, SaaS, VMware
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, MONGO
Web & APP Servers: IIS, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic, FTP
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, MAC, iOS, Android, Windows Server 2008, Unix and Linux.
Other Toosl/Software: Slack, skype, Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Project and Visio), GNS3, Remedy, Multisim, Quartus ||, MATLAB, Fluke LinkRunner, Toner & probe, Multimeter, Pliers, Punch down tool, Couplers, Snips
Confidential, New York, NY
Automation QA Engineer
- Supporting the team with 70% automated and 30% manual testing.
- Planned, scheduled, estimated, tested and released Confidential apps/product features.
- Validated new and existing web features, redesign, bug fixes and continuous integration
- Worked closely with the Product Team, Operations Team, COO, & Development Team.
- Responsible for creating clear manual and automated testing test plan, test case, test data, & demo docs.
- Thoroughly tested applications to ensure compliance with established requirements and design/UX documentation.
- Performed end to end testing for sign up process, search process and payment process.
- Manually tested product features and got them approved for the release.
- Developed automated test scripts using the Selenium WebDriver API.
- Utilized Eclipse IDE to create, modify and enhance automation scripts using Java.
- Performing Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, DevTools, Maven, Log4j, POM, POI, Extent Reports, and GIT/GitHub.
- Writing test scripts using Element Locators WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations
- Creating object repository of respective web pages, test utilities for wait statements, screenshots and to read/write from files.
- Organized test suites for both unit and integration testing.
- Created data driven test scripts with functions and verification points to validate test results.
- Supporting continuous integration using Jenkins, Cucumber, and Selenium Grid/Builder
- Worked on TDD and DDD frameworks.
- Setup the QA Lab, Defect Tracking (JIRA) and test case management tools.
- Documented software issues/bugs and assisted developers with detailed steps to reproduce of the problems and root cause analysis using Firebug, F12 Dev Tools, and Application logs.
- Discovering, replicating, investigating and thoroughly documenting any defects utilizing required software tools.
- Participated in quality assurance review meetings, presented documentation detailing test results and their impact on respective release schedules and project deadlines.
- Interpreted and converted manual test cases into automation smoke and regression suites.
- Performed data-flow testing, logic-based testing to identify the decision points in the software and the appropriate test data to utilize within a project.
- Developed and executed performance test script scenarios based on the business requirements and specifications.
- Performed system, functional, black box, UAT (user acceptance testing), and regression testing.
- Performed UI and Functional testing on Android and iOS devices(smart phones, tablets) using Katalon Studio.
- Used Charles to monitor HTTP requests.
- Performed Web Service testing using Advanced RESTClient and validated GET, PUT/POST Methods and HTTP status.
- Wrote and executed SQL Queries to perform database testing and data validation.
- Improved testing time by 25%, collaborating with Test Automation to plan effort for each release.
- Self-motivated, energetic and highly ethical in all work related assignments thus able to immediately contribute to corporate goals and objects.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mindset bent on problem solving and delivering solutions.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Designing, executing, tracking & evaluating system features and functionality tests through sprints.
- Worked side by side with Product Team and Dev teams to implement bug fixes and enhancements.
- Documented Test Plans for Manual and Automated Testing
- Used Test Rails to develop test cases from product use cases and to document test results.
- Verified features and functionality on the application using Manual and automation testing methods.
- Verified business transactions and online marketing work flows.
- Worked with Product owner, Business analyst, tech lead, developers, DBAs, scrum master and release engineers.
- Gathering business requirements, technical spec, UX and reviewing other application documentations to ensure 100% test coverage and scope.
- Prepared test plans, test cases, test scenarios, test data and test scripts with schedules & dependencies for functional, UI, integration, database, usability, Performance and regression testing.
- Attended sprint planning, test case review, release planning, Demo and Retrospective meeting.
- Executed test cases and retesting on latest tags and worked with developers to resolve issues before deadlines.
- Identified and reported defects based on business rules, logic, severity and priority.
- Performed root cause analysis, documented defects and assisted developers with detailed steps to reproduce of the problems, screenshots, and test data and utilizing Firebug, F12 Dev Tools, and Application logs.
- Set up automation frameworks from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Git, Java, API, XML, POM, and other open source tools.
- Worked with developers to plan automation scripts that are maintainable, scalable and reusable.
- Automated smoke and regression testing test suites.
- Running, troubleshooting and sharing automated test results with the agile team.
- Performed database, ETL, File Transfer and other data validations using SQL.
- Used JMeter to test performance related requirements.
- Used RESTClient and POSTMAN to perform API Testing.
- Tested individual mobile apps, web pages, modules, Silos, Portals for cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility.
- Worked with Development/Infrastructure to structure/ manage test environments.
- Discussed test results with Development/BA/users and appropriately prioritize bugs/ issues.
- Collected and reported test results through various metrics reporting tools and communicating to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Maintained automated test scripts to meet release deliverables and automated smoke and regression testing test suites.
- Prepared regular Status Reports to communicate quality control activities to manager.
Confidential, Celebration, FL
IT QA Specialist
- Participated in Business Requirement Analysis to develop Test Scenarios for the project.
- Designed, developed and executed test scripts and created regression test suites.
- Involved in creating test plans which included Test Objective, Test entrance and exit criteria, Test Scenarios, Test Data, QA Timelines, Test Deliverables, and Risks.
- Developed test cases on basis of client’s requirements for the project.
- Developed and updated Test Scripts based on the Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Involved in black-box testing of the application and identified the different test cases for regression testing.
- Manually tested the application features and functionality to ensure complete test coverage and that it is defect free and ready to be released.
- Helped Automation engineers with selecting automation testing test scenarios.
- Designed, developed and executed test scripts and created regression test suites using Selenium builder.
- Involved in UAT testing.
- Gave Demo on the feature changes to the end users.
- Performed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Attending Testing plan review meetings with Business, solution design and Development team.
- Documented the requirements using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Generated graphs/reports and worked with engineers to resolve issues and optimize system performance.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center for Test Planning, Bug Tracking and reporting defects.
- Coordinated with development team for bug fixing and preparation of Test Execution Report.
- Attended defect triaging, weekly QA, release planning and kick off meetings.