- 6+ years of industry experience in Software Quality Testing of Web Client/Server and Web Services applications using Manual and Automation Test Tools.
- Experience in Java development and J2EE technologies for preparing Test Scripts.
- Experience in performing System Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Load testing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, reviewing and understanding of Business/Functional & Testing requirements and writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scripting, creating Test Scenarios, analyzing results and preparing result summary report.
- Experience in software engineering methodologies or SDLC like Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong skills in object oriented programming(JAVA)
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in selenium Web Driver.
- Experience with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver).
- Designed and Developed Automation frameworks in JUnit and TestNG. Implemented frameworks like POM, POM using Page Factory and Data Driven.
- Hands - on experience using HP Load Runner, UFT / Quick Test Pro with VBScript, Test Director & Quality Center/ALM.
- Well versed with Java Testing Frameworks like Test NG and JUnit 3, JUnit4.
- Expertise on Data Driven testing using Frameworks like JUnit and TestNG.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome.
- Good experience in testing web applications using Soap UI.
- Good at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using tool like Jira, Quality center/Test Director.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries and executing procedures to perform back end testing for the expected results.
- Effective experience in Testing Database Applications of RDBMS in MS SQL Server, MS Access and Oracle.
- Exposure to Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like Quality Center, Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Excellent analytical and programming abilities in using technology to create elegant, flexible and maintainable solutions for complex testing problem.
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, ASP.Net, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, UML, VB Script
Testing Tools: Selenium2.0 / 1.0, Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid QTP, Quality Center, Testing, Cucumber, UFT, SOAP-UI, JIRA JUnit, JMETER, Rational performance tester, Appium and GitHub, HP-Load Runner
Web Debugging: XPath, Firebug, Fire path, IDE Eclipse, Visual Studio and NetBeans
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Test Framework Testing: JUnit, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium IDE
Test Management tools: HP ALM/ Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, Microsoft Test Manager
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, CVS, Team Foundation Server
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Testing methods: Functional testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Smoke testing, System testing, Integration testing
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, MAC OS, UNIX, VM Ware
- Experience in Writing test plans, test cases, test procedures based on business requirements.
- Responsible for Regression Testing, Functional testing for web based application.
- Used Selenium WebDriver with java plug-in to generate automated test scripts for functional testing, GUI testing and enhancing the existing scripts.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application and new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created automated and executed test cases using Selenium web drivers.
- Verified backend data validation using SQL.
- Tested web services based on Data and functions by SOAUI.
- Prepared Log track and reported progress of all tests.
- Extensively used Wily Introscope and HP Diagnostic to analyze the system resources bottlenecks like Memory Leaks, CPU and Network Bottlenecks as well as problematic application and DB components.
- Analysis of results by monitoring graphs from different teams for WAS, WPS, DB2 and Report Preparation via LR Analysis.
- Involved in Functionality, User Interface and Regression testing during the various phases of development using Selenium/TestNG.
- Performed Stress and Load testing using JMeter - used Thread Groups, Samplers, Plans and Proxy recording with listeners to calculate the average response time.
- Experienced in writing JUNIT Test cases for Java.
- Developed page library as part of modular framework implementation in automation.
- Maintained and executed ANT build files for running automated test cases along with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Reported and tracked the bugs to closure using JIRA.
- Preparation of Daily and Weekly status reports. Attending weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Attending conference calls with offshore team to discuss the Testing status and to assign the defects to the concerned developers.
- Participated in QA reviews and provided required support and clarification as needed for the reviewers.
- Involved in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, Jenkins, Jira, SOAPUI, Firefox, Eclipse, Linux, Oracle, Windows2007, Junit, JMeter
Confidential, Webster, NY
- Used java with TestNg frame work for automating scripts.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Data Driven Frameworks to create parameterized test scripts and generate XSLT reports using Selenium Web driver and TestNg framework.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Recorded and re-run smoke test suite in various modules using selenium IDE during every patch release.
- Created automated Test scripts using automated tools and ran the test scripts on various Builds and instances.
- Implemented robust logging mechanisms within new and existing automated tests using log4j.
- Used SVN Repository for version controlling.
- Responsible for attending daily scrums and discuss daily issues and testing activities.
- Executed automated selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually.
- Performed the testing of Restful web services for mobile apps for the Using SOAP UI.
- Developed and executed test cases for various web services using SOAPUI.
- Participated in JAD sessions and requirement walkthroughs with business users.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Walkthroughs and peer review participation with team members and other project teams.
- Performed migration testing by running SQL queries to check if the data is migrated without any discrepancies from legacy systems to the new systems.
- Involved in web service testing with SOAP UI and validated various responses against annotations.
- Performed database testing by passing SQL Queries to retrieve data.
- Performed usability, GUI, Functionality and regression testing of the new builds.
- Identified application defects to minimize number of steps to reproduce the problem.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) and platform (Windows 7) compatibility testing.
- Identified and isolated software defects and reported them via JIRA.
- Attended Daily Scrums and reporting daily activities or issues to scrum master.
- Conducted Backend test using complex SQL queries to verify the Integrity of the Database.
- Running batch jobs in UNIX servers using UNIX commands on Putty.
- Responsible for tracking daily testing activities and provide daily testing updates to higher management.
- Responsible for preparing test plans, test strategies for new projects.
- Coordinating with developers, Release management team and QA team during build deployments to various test environments and to the production.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, Eclipse, Jira, SOAP UI v4.5, Oracle11g, XML, SQL, UNIX, Windows 7, MS Project, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Developer, HTML, Firebug, Fire path, MS Office 2010, Putty, FileZilla.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications.
- Developed and maintained test suites, test cases.
- Analyzed the user/business requirements, functional specs and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases.
- Coordinated with the business analysts and developers, and discussed issues in interpreting the requirements.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity Involved in executing the selenium scripts and analyze the test reports.
- Generated the execution results and sent it across to the team, by way of gathering and analyzing the Test Metrics for the purpose of reporting.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium Web driver, TestNG, java and Java script.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium Web driver.
- Created test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Updating the framework for integrating the smoke script with Jenkins for CI(Continuous Integration).
- Used Maven, Selenium Web driver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Cross-Browser Testing both Manual and using Selenium.
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
Environment: TestNG, Eclispse, SOAPUI, Java, Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, HTML5, CSS3, XML, XPATH, Firebug, SQL, DB2, Windows
Confidential, Valley Forge, PA
Automation Tester (Selenium)
- Involved in QA activities and the development of system testing strategies, plans, test cases and conditions to ensure processes and products meet standards.
- Extensively involved in various phases of manual testing.
- Exposed in System, Regression and Integration testing.
- Analyzed business needs, distinguish between needs and wants, identify gaps between business needs and standard application functionality.
- Prepared Test Plan, testCases, Test scripts and Testdata for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Played a key role in setting up test environment and test data.
- Automated the Functional, Regression, Integration test cases using tools from Selenium Suite of products like, Selenium Grid and Selenium RC.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium RC, Java, JUnit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web based applications.
- Responsible creating Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Cards based on use cases in business requirements to cover both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium.
- Involved in Developing the Data Driven Framework.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all issues, risks, action items, and concerns submitted to and received from the client.
- Created Test cases using Element locators and Selenium WebDriver (Java) methods.
- Responsible for execution of Selenium Testcases and reporting defections.
- Involved in manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Developed Automation Test Scripts with extensive parameterizations using multiple actions to categorize tests.
- Coordinating testing efforts between all the technical teams involved, setting up most comprehensive test data set under different testing environments.
- Responsible for Performance Test Strategy Design and Performance Test Plan Preparation and Presentations.
- Expertise in data warehouse QA process and different levels of testing like Functional, Regression, and Integration testing with business scenarios.
- Involved in writing different SQL queries to access data from different database tables, and used for data verification.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Manual Testing, Junit, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, Quality Center, Selenium Grid, DataDriven, Git, Firebug, MS Excel, Windows 7.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
- Involved in writing Test plan and perform manual Testing.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) assisting the super users with test cases and test data requirements.
- Developed the project by using the waterfall methodology.
- Extensively used Quality Center to create Test cases, map the test cases to requirements, create traceability matrix and report defects.
- Updated existing Test Cases in Quality Center according to the changes in requirements.
- Writing & Executing SQL queries for fetching test data held on Oracle Database.
- Cross browser compatibility testing of the application.
- Performed SOA testing for Payments APIs using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Used SOAP UI assertions and Groovy script for web service automation Testing.
- Good experience in analyzing bug severity, bug tracking system and bug reporting using Quality Center.
- Performed Unit Testing on C++.
- Formulated test reports.