- Skilled IT professional with proven quality assurance and testing experience using manual and automated methodologies for both functionality and performance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the creation / execution of test plans, cases, and scripts using manual and automated techniques.
- Over 13 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- More than 3 years of professional experience in Agile Quality Assurance testing
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience in POS testing
- Experience in testing Web, Client - Server and Mainframe applications
- Experience in Functional, Regression, System, Stress, UAT, White/Black Box and Integration testing
- Demonstrated proficiency in the creation / execution of test plans, cases, and scripts
- Experience in customizing front end XML configuration in accordance with the client requirements
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, positive, creative and team spirited professional
- Commitment to meeting goals and achieving results
- Ability to sustain high level of performance and adapt quickly to changing environments
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Programming Languages: C, Visual Basic, XML, SQL and PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, ASP, .NET, Java
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, Green Hopper, Oracle Test Manager, Oxygen XML Editor, Aqua Data Studio, Beyond Compare, QTP, Win Runner, Test Director, Quality Center, HP Application Life Cycle Management.
Documentation Tools: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
SDLC Methodologies: Scrum/Agile, Waterfall
- Solely responsible for QA efforts across all the projects in the organization
- Worked with cross functional teams on a daily basis
- Participated in Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Refinement, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings for every iteration
- Worked closely with developers on User stories and Defects
- Assisted Project owner with UAT testing effort
- Extensive use of Rally and CRM
Environment: .Net, Rally, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics AX.Confidential
QA Analyst II
- Responsible for leading the production support team for assigned projects
- Worked with offshore team for resolving production issues
Environment: J2EE, JIRA, Oxygen XML Editor, TFS (Team Foundation Server), Team ForgeConfidential
QA/ Lead Configuration Analyst
- Configured business rule XML to test and verify various levels of functionality.
- Solely responsible for leading assigned projects.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify data between various databases.
- Recorded results of testing in HP Application Life Cycle Management System.
- Participated in new feature design discussions during sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Analyzed business and system requirements, managed development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Defined the Scope of testing for User Acceptance Testing. Reviewed Requirements Matrix to ensure all requirements were included in the scope of testing. Developed detailed test conditions. Supported documentation across extended testing team as directed by UAT Manger. Adhered to all established processes and procedures for UAT. Completed test cases and scripts for frontend and backend applications.
- Worked closely with developers in reporting defects found during new feature implementations.
- Assisted Business Analysts with preparation of new feature demos, collecting, writing, and updating business requirement and functional design documents for new implementations of Policy Administration System
- Participated in daily scrum meetings.
- Reviewed and approved documentation of new features.
- Developed Regression Scripts for new features and updated existing scripts as enhancements were made to a feature.
- Developed and maintained Regression Script Traceability Matrix.
- Reviewed and approved the test plans of less senior QA Analysts.
- Worked with offshore automation team members to assist with the script automation initiative.
- Investigated automation regression script failures.
- Documented and reported system defects in bug tracking software.
Environment: J2EE, JIRA 4.4.5, Green Hopper, Oracle Test Manager, Oxygen XML Editor 10.0, Aqua Data Studio 6.5.0, Beyond Compare 2.5, HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) 11, MS Office Suite, SOAP UI 4.0.0, BUG DB 188.8.131.52.1, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.Confidential, PA
Lead Systems Test Specialist
- Planned and executed comprehensive test scenarios and scripts that will address all approved GUS functionality for Phase IA - Iteration 1.
- Identified, prioritized, and implemented functional test models.
- Evaluated effectiveness of the test effort.
- Documented and initiated the change requests.
- Assisted the UAT team by creating scripts in QTP for user acceptance testing.
- Participated in daily Project and QA status meetings to provide application readiness in real-time.
- Provided weekly Status reports and Test metrics to the management.
Environment: Windows XP, .NET, Mainframes, AS 400, Quality Center 8.2, QTP 9.0Confidential, PA
- Administered full testing cycle of ING Projects as a Lead for Apollo (ING web) and Data mart (using Agile SDLC methodology).
- Involved in testing web applications and ING proprietary applications.
- Analyzed requirements using Requisite Pro and developed comprehensive Test Strategy and Test plan documents.
- Created and Maintained up-to-date scripts in Test Director.
- Designed Reusable Win Runner automation architecture for enabling reusability and extendibility.
- Created and executed regression scripts in Win Runner.
- Used Quality Center as defect-tracking tool.
- Communicated with various business units and coordinated testing with all the units involved.
- Managed the functional and regression testing for various releases of ING product modules.
- Worked closely with Developers and Business Analysts to get the system requirements and to ensure effective system functionality.
- Analyzed and understood the complete data flow in the backend, which uses Oracle, ETL jobs, SQL Server.
- Provided the management with test metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Used Rapid SQL for querying, reporting, requesting accounts for the transactions according to their criteria.
Environment: Windows XP, Windows NT, Sybase, Power Builder, .NET, Mainframes, WinRunner, 8.2, Test Director 8.0, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center 8.2.Confidential, DE
Senior QA Tester
- Core responsibility involved testing the application using Test Director.
- Involved in testing the Web-based applications.
- Tested various links of Home Page, text-hyperlinks, image-hyperlinks, and content of the entire application for OS Windows98/ME/2000/NT/XPHE/XP, UNIX, AS 400 including all Service Packs and on Apple Computers under Mac and for different browsers like, Mozilla Fire fox, IE, Netscape and AOL.
- Tested application on various hardware systems like IBM Series Intellistation, Think center, Dell Series 2300, 4500, 8200, Dell Laptops, and Apple computers.
- Designed and developed high level and detailed Test Cases based on the available Use Cases.
- Participated in UAT testing
- Reported the defects, Email notifications to the developers using the PVCS Tracker.
- Reported the defects in Test Director and collected Test Metrics weekly from Test Director as to keep track of the defects.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, AS 400, Oracle, ASP.Net, PVCS Tracker, Test Director 5.0Confidential, VA
- Tested and reported test results on store equipment.
- Experienced in testing the functionalities related to sales tracking, Point Of Sale scanning, ordering forecast, adjustments, custom retail price and promotions in POS.
- Involved in Integration, Regression and End-to-End testing on Store and Merchandising application interfacing with POS.
- Used SQL queries to verify the data from the database.
- Extensively worked on Functional Testing to test each individual function.
- Involved in tracking, reviewing, analyzing and comparing bugs using Test Director.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle, and Test DirectorConfidential, NJ
Jr Programmer/ QA Analyst
- Interacted with developers and Beta users to analyze functional specifications.
- Analyzed requirements, system design and prepared test strategies.
- Developed and executed comprehensive Test Plans and Test Cases depending on the Functional Specifications.
- Responsibilities include Installation testing.
- Performed regression testing on correction of the errors and ensuring the application to be with minimal number of bugs.
- Executed automated regression test scripts after each build using Win Runner.
- Used Test Director to track and report system defects and bug fixes.
- Open defects on problems, support development team in fixing the defect and track them until defect is closed.
- Involved in the development of a secure e-mail application using various technologies such as SQL Server, COM, Visual Basic 6.0, VBA and VBScript.
- Developed various installation programs using Install Shield for Outlook2000, Lotus Notes and Generic Version of this secure e-mail application.
Environment: Windows NT/2000, VB 6.0, C, SQL Server 7.0, Install Shield 6.x, Test Director 5.0, Win Runner.