- 8+ years of strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in AS400 System and Web application testing using Manual and Automation tools such as Selenium in Healthcare, Banking and Insurance domain.
- Designed, Developed and Executed Test Cases to ensure that product meets the users business requirements.
- Experience in Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Good Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium by using Java
- Extensive knowledge in JUnit, TestNG framework, Ant tool, AutoIT, Log4j, Page Factory,(POM)
- Strong knowledge on Fire path, Fire Finder, XPath and CSS selector
- Well versed with to Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life cycle (BLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Skilled in using Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases and reporting them through Bug tracking tools.
- Experienced using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events using Selenium Web Driver.
- Aptitude in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG.
- Involved in preparing effort estimation for upcoming projects
- Conversant with Ant and Maven project build tools.
- Professional in Jenkins to build and run Continuous Integration and formal builds to create an artifact and deploy it to the corresponding repository.
- Automated and scheduled Build using continuous integration tool Jenkins Server at a particular time.
- Experienced in using Test Management and bug reporting tools such as HPQC, JIRA to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Preparing KT documents and provided training & induction to new team members.
- Good in communicating with developers and clients to discuss on critical issues.
- Actively organized in the extracurricular events in our team.
- Ability to understand Functional Requirements and interaction with client meetings.
- Good experience in Agile Method (Scrum Method).
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Able to quickly adapt to new environments and learn new technologies.
Management Tools: HP ALM, Mercury (HP) Quality Centre, JIRA
Testing Tool: Selenium WebDriver, IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Soap UI
Programming Languages: Java, Python
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
RDBMS: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
Web Technologies: HTML and VBScript
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache
Build Tool: Maven, ANT
Code Repository: GitHub
Integration Server: Jenkins
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing. Created automation test cases and test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in SDLC/Agile processes and End to End test life cycle.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and used Jenkins to execute these test scripts periodically using Java. Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers and Safari using TestNG framework.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug - ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run smoke or regression testing. Integrated Jenkins with version controller and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Designed and executed test cases, identified and acquired test data, analyzed test results, created defects to be the customer’s voice for quality.
- Developed, enhanced and maintained a large and complex suite of both GUI and API based Automated Regression tests.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data for the Health care portal.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different versions of the browsers in parallel to save time.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Generated Test Reports using TestNG test script execution and created the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Used different modules in JIRA to report and track the defects, and communicated issues with the developers for a better solution.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirements vs. Test scripts.
- Executed some test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Involved in the development of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Used GIT as a code repository to check out project from it, make modifications, submit and commit changes to the local repository and then later to the central repository.
- Involved in the evaluation of the code written in Java for performing testing of few Test Cases.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the functionality of the Health care.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Environment: AGILE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, SQL, Oracle, SoapUI, Git, Jira, Windows.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
QA Automation Tester
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Recognized and classified the overall plan for Test Scope, Test Strategy High Level Document and Test Data within the context area of each sprint.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing &System Testing on different pages using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- The Test Cases were configured to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- In Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, the Test Suites, Test Cases& Test Data Sets were configured to perform or skip the execution and wrote the test results Passed/Failed/Skipped to the output files.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTful Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Scripted PL/SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the Healthcare application.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using ALM/QC
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
Environment: Java, Selenium, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Data Driven Framework, Oracle, XML, HTML, SoapUI, Maven, Jenkins, ALM/QC, JMeter, Cucumber.
Software Test Engineer
- Automating manual test cases using Selenium tool
- Develops the test scripts in core java using TestNG Framework
- Review test cases and automate whenever possible
- Performed Regression testing by executing Selenium scripts on the new build.
- Performed Quality Assurance testing on a web based applications
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, Sanity, Reliability, compatibility and Cross Browser Testing .
- Converted all manual test cases into Selenium automated scripts using Java and executed automated test cases using Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated Regression Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins and Maven. Used TestNG annotations for easy execution of test scripts and reports.
- Implemented Data driven automation framework and Page Object Model as design pattern with java, Selenium Web Driver and integrated the test data into the Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Expertise in writing Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions in BDD format using Cucumber.
- Incorporated synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Experience in the Log4j debugging framework for debugging the test cases in the project.
- Extensively used Rally for logging all the tasks, analyzed the test results, tracked the defects and generated reports.
- Maintained the log of test results as per rating and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Creating users and adding privileges as per their roles in UAM
- Created and implemented viable testing routines with the test plans created in quality center and mapped them with specific requirements utilizing the tests coverage feature of quality center
- Designing Test scenarios from Functional design document
- Maintained designed functions
- Preparing test data and executing test cases
- Involved in Test Planning Activities
- Responsible for identifying, investigating and prioritizing bugs
- Prepared Daily Summary Reports and tracked the status of the project
Environment: HPQC, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, PL/SQL, MS Excel, Windows.
- Analyzing the Requirements from the client
- Participating in preparing Test Plans
- Preparing Test Scenarios
- Preparing Test Cases for module, integration and system testing
- Preparing Test Data’s for the test cases
- Peer Review of the Test Cases prepared by other team member
- Providing Cycle plan inputs for preparing Cycle plan (plan for executing the backend programs to move the system date and generation of reports)
- Executing the Test Cases
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using Mercury Quality Center.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries.
- Preparing the Work file involved in the CPF testing(Central Provident Fund)
- Participated in defect review and triage meetings to resolve the defects.
- Calculate qualified and non-qualified pension benefits manually by utilizing concepts of interpolation and actuarial equivalency with Excel
- Verifying the table and files of the backend system DB2
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Involved with the navigation of Mainframes to verify the data posted in front end is getting reflected properly in the backend systems.
Environment: AS400, DB2, HPQC, MS EXCEL, WINDOWS
- Developed test scripts to Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Back End testing of an application.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for end to end testing.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL queries.
- Follow up with Development team on defect resolution. Updating daily status to Release Manager which includes issues, action items, defect status.
- Managed the HPQC activities and performed QC admin role.
- As a member of the Scrum team participated in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well iteration reviews.
- Discussion with Analysts, Process owners and Technical team to gather requirement specifications.
- Involved in designing and developing of templates for the Test Plan and Test cases. Involved in Preparation and review of Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Tracking the Quality Center Run plan & Test Lab.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Smoke Testing. Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Interacting with Onshore SME and BA for clearing of BRS and Data Patching related queries.
- Worked with developers to communicate regarding issues in the application.
- Coordinated the testing effort towards End-to-End testing to verify the proper functioning.
Environment: PL/SQL, Microsoft Office Excel, Windows, Quality Centre, Agile.