- Skilled IT professional with over 6+ years in Software Quality Assurance with testing of Web based, Product based, Client based and Mobile Applications.
- Hands - on experience in testing applications and products over various domains including Banking, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, ERP, Financial and Auto-Insurance domain.
- Experience in working in Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall development methodologies. Attended Sprint planning and Release planning meetings.
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Proficient experience and knowledge of process management methodologies and IT Service Management frameworks in all phases of software/product development life cycle (SDLC) and testing life cycle (STLC) including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, test designing, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting and deployment.
- Proficiency in using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot System-Integration (SIT), Functional, end to end, User acceptance (UAT), Performance, Smoke and Regression testing.
- Expertise in developing, designing and in execution of test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Extensively used different technical testing tools like Quality Center, JIRA, TFS, QTP, Load runner. Also worked in Microsoft dynamic CRM, MTM and Visual Studio applications.
- Experience with QTP / HP UFT to generate automation scripts in VB Script for Regression testing.
- Good experience in working in back-end testing and, ETL & Data warehousing testing SQL studio 2008/2012/2014.
- Experience with Computer System Validation including Installation, Operational and Process Qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) for validating data.
- Understanding of global pharmaceutical and Healthcare regulatory environments like HIPPA, CFR 21 and CFR 42 FDA regulations for Medicare D Prescription Scheduled drug II.
- Experience of HP Load runner - VUGen, Controller and Analysis tools for performance testing.
- Experience in Production Support work. Conducted Prod Validation, Disaster recovery testing and server patch testing.
- Experiences working with multiple team based project, Short to Long term projects and Onsite -Offshore model.
- Contributed on establishing quality milestones and aligning it with project lifecycle following proper release management process involving parallel releases in a very dynamic Agile environment.
- Good leadership and communication skills. Good customer relationship, oral, written communications, planning and problem resolution skills. Ability to ask more important questions, identify risk and handle situations quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate diplomacy in dealing with difficult situations.
- Ready to except any challenge as an opportunity to grow, and always looks forward for the next chance to show my ability to triumph over any challenge.
Software QA Tools & Best Practices: Test Cases, Plans & Scripts
Defect & Bug Discovery: Technical Specification Analysis
Agile Scrum/Sprint Methodology: Environment upgrade process
Functional/System/End to end Testing: User Acceptance Testing
Regression Testing: Performance/Concurrency testing
Database testing using SQL: IW/ETL testing
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Software Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Lead various QA efforts and activities, and report progress/results to other project stakeholders.
- Participate with other business stakeholders in the different phases of the SDLC activities, as early as in the requirements gathering phase and design.
- Ensure appropriate problem solving technique is being used within the QA team.
- Plan and develop Test Plans and Test Cases to ensure development outputs meet defined specification cases in coordination with Business requirements, Technical Specifications, installers / upgrade documents, and management.
- Supporting the objectives and goals of the QA Director and QA Lead / Manager through all phases of SDLC and STLC by developing time estimates, performing requirements analysis, authorizing test scripts, creating test data, executing tests, provide testing matrix and identifying opportunities for process improvement across the Business Lines.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Participated in functional/ End to end testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing and Concurrency Performance testing for BST Applications.
- Following Agile SDLC methodology and attending daily Scrums, team meetings.
- Expertise in working with financial documents and reports used to maintain BST application. It involves accounting, Product management documents and Audit reports.
- Performing IW (Information datawerehouse) testing and ETL testing.
- Participate in setting up QA environments like build upgrade, database upgrade and any installations.
- Performing backend testing using SQL scripts.
- Experienced with tools like Jira, Zephyr, TFS, SharePoint, one drive and outlook for daily testing activities.
- Participated in Release readiness testing and conducted Server side and Client side test validations.
- Participating in testing Production issues and related Hotfix Releases as per Client need or issues.
- Participated in Concurrency testing with Performance team when needed.
- Work with Automation team to analyses the test requirements or issues. Execute the automation scripts using Ranorex automation tool.
- Performed PowerPoint Presentations based on BST Application fields and shared my knowledge with QA team.
- Mentor and conduct training sessions for new QA members.
- Involved in Team Collaboration with Product Owners, Developers and QA members with my daily testing activities.
Environment: Windows 7/8/10, IOS, Android, C#, VB script, Jira, Zephyr, Kanban, TFS, Team city, Atlassian tools based design for Smart Client application (BST 10), skype, one drive, TFS, MS-office and MS-outlook
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
Technology QA Analyst
- Developed, Designed, maintained, and executed test plans, test cases and test data for QA testing.
- Performed Ad-hoc testing, Integration testing, End-to-End testing, Functional testing, System testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Black box testing on the application. Performed negative and positive testing.
- Performed Smoke testing on every New Build, Releases and Logged valid defects.
- Created and executed test plans and test cases for the Mobile Apps and application server.
- Performed Static and Dynamic testing supporting functionalities and features on different Mobile platform such as IOS, Android for different Auto client applications for different countries (USA, Brazil, Mexico, Canada).
- Performed both Native App and Mobile Web Testing and Performed UI, Functional, Performance, Usability, UAT, Regression, Security and Compatibility testing.
- Worked on Web Service using Soap-UI tool for Web application testing.
- Performed UAT testing for different projects in each Release of the sprint.
- Responsible for Regression Testing after every system refresh and new release. Performed Regression testing using QTP tool and generated automation scripts using VB Script.
- Worked on Production Support issues and on maintenance work requests. Performed Production support validation on the day of Release.
- Responsible for handling Defect Tracking and Mapping reports through Quality Centre/ALM and TFS.
- Used TFS Reports for Test Case Readiness, Test Plan Progress, Release Burndown, Sprint Burndown and Velocity chart to indicate the amount of efforts the team is completing in each sprint.
- Worked on Microsoft dynamic CRM and MTM applications for Test case management and defect tracking and AS400 mainframe system (EW) for data validation testing
- Attended Sprint planning meetings, conversion meetings and different Release planning meetings.
- Attended the mapping sessions, demos and analyzed business documents as part of requirement gathering.
- Executed daily defect status meeting with all the stakeholders ranging from developers of different integration points, SMEs, Delivery head and Project Managers.
- Provided daily status report of testing activities progress.
- Verified the data in the back-end using SQL Queries and performed backend validations.
- Participated in Defect Triage meeting with developers and lead to discuss on open or recurring defects.
- Lead the Projects for each Release and managed task among the team and provided quality deliverables on time.
Environment: Windows NT/2000/XP, HPQC 11, QTP 12, TFS 2013, MS Excel, MS Outlook, IBM AS400 Mainframe, CRM, MTM, Soap UI.
Confidential, Tampa FL
- Involved in understanding of the Project requirements from High Level Design and Business Requirement Documents and took part in the requirement discussions and QA estimation for Rx Claim Application.
- Working experience in Rx-Claim PBM software to ensure all coding has been done appropriately while also reviewing system generated outputs to validate outcomes.
- Experience in claim adjudication and plan set-up.
- Performed System Validation for Claim adjustments for Med D Prescription drugs as part of Pharmacy Benefit management (PBM) testing
- Involved in identifying the gaps in the requirements as per the prescribed business flow and conducted regular meetings with BA and QA leads and PM to fill up the gaps in requirements.
- Contribute to various SDLC/STLC stages by creating test scripts, executing test cases and managing defects.
- Developed Test Plans, Testing scope, Test strategy, Test-Case Designs and Test Scripting based on User Needs, Specifications and Systems Needs documents.
- Interact with business for test case clarifications and develop test plans.
- Involved in the Test Case walkthroughs, assessment meetings, Peer reviews, audit meetings with the client.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Performed System testing, End to End Testing, Performance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing for projects.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL (CVS Query Tool).
- Attended Triage meetings to discuss severity and priority of defects and participated in production support and root cause analysis (RCA) with Dev team to resolve the issues.
- Trained and mentor new associates on different processes of the system. Presented Demos and prepared training documents for team.
- Good experience in managing and assigning the task to team members onshore and offshore as well.
Environment: Windows NT/2000/XP, CVS Defect Tracker, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, IBM AS400 Mainframe, Rx Claims, Ezquery Tool, Salesforce, SharePoint.
Confidential, Tampa FL
- Worked in Agile environment, attended sprint plan meetings, daily standup meetings. Worked for different Releases in each sprint and completed all deliverables as scheduled.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) to gain understanding of POS implementation.
- Participated in meetings with BA and Developers to understand the scope of testing.
- Created Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases for assigned modules based on the business requirements.
- Performed in Functional, Regression, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Smoke, Performance, and End to End Testing.
- Performed Web testing for different applications for different clients involved in the project.
- Used Quality Center extensively throughout the testing process to plan and maintain tests, maintain traceability of tests to the application functionality and for defect tracking and management.
- Executed Test cases in Quality Center / ALM - Test Lab.
- Provided validation of data through SQL queries.
- Executed SQL queries for data validation.
- Used Web-services Soap UI for web application testing.
- Executed automation scripts in QC/QTP for regression Testing.
- Executed Load Runner VUGen scripts using Load Runner Controller and generated results and emailed to Performance Testing team lead.
Environment: Windows XP, Quality Center / ALM, SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, QTP / UFT, Load Runner, Soap UI
- Creation and execution of test cases manually to conduct the System Testing.
- Mapping requirements to the Test cases and Scenarios, execution of test cases, defect logging in Test Director.
- Documentation of the modification requests (MR) for all the bugs detected and tracked the bug fixing process until they were closed.
- Database testing by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Walk through and formal meetings with other team members.
Environment: Quality Center / ALM, SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, Windows XP