- Over 9+ Years of Experience in Software Quality Assurance from Requirement Analysis to User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong experience in Manual, Automated (QTP) and Security Testing (ASE).
- Expertise in Automated Testing Tools such as Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center (QC) and App Scan Enterprise (ASE).
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and role of a QA Tester.
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance and testing methodologies, testing techniques, and maintenance of test cases.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts based on the business and functional requirements.
- Performed Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing and UAT.
- Good understanding of Software testing methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Attended daily Scrum meetings for a quick status update in Agile Methodology.
- Ran Automation Regression testing on weekly basis and Sprint basis.
- Performed Security testing for web based application using ASE (App Scan Enterprise).
- Test Case preparation from Functional Specification and Software Requirement Specification.
- Very good knowledge of the agile development and project management process.
- Involved in creating functional specs for Account Certification 6.1 with Product Team.
- Strong Knowledge of Java based Web Applications, understanding of tiered web application architecture.
- Good experience on client server and web based testing.
- Strong communication skills and excellent experience in working with small and big teams.
ConfidentialSr. QA Analyst
- Worked in Quality Improvement Organizations team in DECC project.
- Worked on User Preference, User Role Administrator, Reports Repository, Timely ness reports, Task C.2 and Search Deliverable modules.
- Developed almost 200 automated test scripts for Reports Repository module.
- Ran Automation regression suite in Release basis.
- Maintained test cases, Executed test cases and logged defects in HP ALM QC.
- Created test parameters, Test configurations to the extent using HP ALM QC to reduce manual testing.
- Linked requirements to each test case and failed test cases.
- Involved in maintenance weekend testing to make sure that environment is working fine with latest upgrades.
- Helped other people in creating and maintaining automation test cases.
- Used QIMS and QARM credentials to login in to the application.
- Did knowledge transfer session on creating new users using QIMS.
- Did KT sessions and power point session on all modules.
- Very familiar using Quality Center test parameters, Configurations, Requirements linking, creating defects and change the peer reviewed test cases status to Ready for execution.
- Performed peer reviews before the test execution.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Participated in Daily scrum meetings and peer review meetings.
- Created use cases based up on the requirements.
- Created high level test scenarios and created test cases in Sprint 1 and Sprint 2 for FF - SHOP project.
- Responsible for validating claim transactions, both sent/received
- Involved in meetings with hcentive team and Accenture team.
- Performed the tasks of coordinating with claims team in developing test plans and reviewing functional specifications
- Verified all the pages, Emails, User Information in Work Flow Manager which is used for Call Center purpose.
- Validated and Generated the Payment & Payee Log files Reports using Micro strategy and verified the reports in Reporting Database.
- Involved in Claims Processing for Health and Dental using Diamond, bronze and gold sponsor ships.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Sr. QA Automation Tester
- Introduced Quality Center tool to the team and exported all the test cases from excel to QC.
- Performed demos on QTP Introduction and explained Checkpoints, Parameterization, Creating scripts using VB script.
- Performed demos on How to use Quality Center and the use of Test Lab folder, Test Plan folder and how to assign defects to the developer.
- Developed automated test scripts for both Web application (Frontier Account Certification) and Client server application (Admin Workstation).
- Participated in Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, Task Breakdown meetings and Retrospective meetings.
- Involved in developing Hybrid Frame Work in QTP.
- Took the ownership of doing Security Testing for the Web applications using App Scan Enterprise tool for all versions.
- Created test plan for the security Testing and did Knowledge Transfer sessions to the offshore team.
- Involved in Hybrid Frame works and Weekly Automation Regression testing using QTP.
- Only person in the team to take care of creating and maintaining Automation test scripts and security test scripts for the Frontier Account Certification application.
- Performed Backend Testing by using SQL statements for the purpose of database integrity and for data validation of parameters.
- Performed Data Validation of the data flow from the front-end to the back-end.
- Involved in Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Executed Mainframe jobs to generate Data Quality reports.
- Validated Data Quality reports.
- Created Test Scripts for Cash, Securities and Frontier applications.
- Involved in Manual Testing, Automation testing and Security Testing.
- Created functions for all the objects and maintained Object repository for the Frontier application (WEB) and Admin WorkStation application (Client-Server).
- Attended Quality weekends for the release Frontier Account certification 6.0 product and ran regression test scripts over the weekend.
- Performed Automation Regression test plans and Security test plans for the Frontier Application (Cash/Securities/Frontier Account Certification 6.0 and Account Certification 6.1).
- Performed Security testing on Sprint basis using App Scan Enterprise (IBM Tool)
- Maintained separate environments for Automation, Manual and Security Testing,
- Used Accept 360 and Microsoft Team Foundation server-Visual Studio as Task board to track our work status.
- Ran Automated Test scripts at the end of the sprint to make sure ever thing works fine.
- Participated in Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional testing and Security Testing.
- Ran Automation Regression on weekly basis and sent the reports to the manager and Product management team.
- At the end of the sprint, Performed demos on the latest functionality that I worked on.
Environment: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center (QC), Dot net, Java, Share Point, Visual Studio- Team Foundation Server (TFS), Windows, Unix, Oracle 9i/10g, DOORS and SharePoint, Mainframes
Confidential, Towson, MD
QA Automation Analyst
- Started the Automation project from scratch and successfully completed one project and working on another project.
- Created Test cases and Automated Test Scripts for Secure Website (SWS).
- Created regression testing Test Cases for the Public Website (PWS) and Secure Website (SWS).
- Involved in System Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Validation testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Assigned the tasks of analyzing and evaluating QA claims testing requirements to determine testing feasibility
- Prepared Claim, Member, Provider Test data for test cases.
- Responsible for preparation of weekly status report.
- Performed all other QA claims testing job responsibilities as required
- Used Test Track Pro defect tracking tool to enter defects during the testing phase.
- Mainly worked on automation of test scripts and regression scenarios.
- Created a high level test plan template for the Project.
- Worked on “Robo” help test cases and automated test scripts.
- Developed test cases and test scripts in Mercury tools like Quality center and Quick Test Pro.
- In Quick Test Pro, Used General Programming Language and VB scripting to create the test scripts.
- Very comfortable in using Quality center, Win runner and Quick test Pro.
- Participated in various meetings to improve the testing management tools using QTP and working with Waterfall Software methodology.
Environment: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center (QC), Dot net, Java, Test Track Pro, Share Point.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked with business analysts and developers to solicit test requirements that will act as the foundation and drive our Quality Assurance practice.
- Involved in implementation of the test plan and developed test cases and test scripts in Mercury Test management tool Quality Center.
- Performed Regression Testing, GUI Testing & Functionality Testing.
- Recreating BUG and Analyzing Impacted Areas.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called ‘SOAP UI’. I have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Created appropriate test plan, test cases, test scenarios and ran them up to the Users Satisfaction in the development cycle.
- Used Jira as bug-tracking tool to centralize the bugs and also to follow up the defect status.
- Prepared various bug reports and followed with the developer team to fix it before passing the test case.
- Involved in Manual Testing using different Browsers and different Operating systems.
- Involved UAT Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing.
- Involved in conducting walkthroughs of critical test cases, and in corporate comments
- Participated in meetings to distinguish between bugs and enhancements
- Implemented Parameterization in QTP.
- Used QTP for Functionality Testing, Regression Testing, Verification and Validation Testing.
- Involved in Agile software methodology, Attended daily scrum Meetings.
- The whole team meets every day for a quick status update.
- Used JIRA as a defect tracking tool, JIRA is used for tracking, creating, Triaging and resolving bugs.
Environment: : MS Office, XML, HTML, UNIX, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center, JIRA, ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Windows XP.
- Involved in Design and development of test plans based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Worked on various tasks, which involved writing Test Cases, Test plans, testing functionality from the functional specification and also verifying the test cases provided by the developers.
- Generated manual test cases and Scripts to test the functionality of the application using various checkpoints and data driven tests.
- Used QTP for preparing Regression bed of Regression Testing.
- Identified Re-usable/Repeatable manual test cases for creating Regression Test Suite.
- Worked with various Add-ins as required for automating specific applications.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Security Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Used Parameterization and Output values to perform data driven tests.
- Created basic SQL queries to test the backend functionality of the application.
- Participated in Manual Testing to test the stability of the application using QC.
- Tracked defects and reported bugs to developers to resolve issues using Visual Studio.
- Discussed issues on various bugs and attached screens shots which help developers to resolve the issue where it is exactly.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and Customers and wrote Issues log.
- Identified bugs and helped developer resolved those bugs by reproducing unexpected events that occur during test execution.
- Provided feedback to the developers and the QA team on top priority issues.
- Participating in project meetings, QA status meetings and release meetings.
- Responsible in developing Test Cases with Quality Center as a Test Management Tool.
Environment: : MS Office, XML, HTML, UNIX, Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Visual Studio and Load Runner.
- Interacted with both the Business and Development teams to understand the requirements and design of the application.
- Involved in the creation of test cases, executing tests and tracking defects.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, Regression testing.
- Used Quality Center effectively for Defect Logging and Defect Tracking.
- Performed back end testing using multiple SQL queries.
- Worked closely with developers in resolving the issues and bug fixing.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing and shared ideas for improved testing efforts plans.
Environment: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center, SQL, Oracle