- Experience in the testing, delivery and support of high quality commercially available software applications in depth knowledge of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), Waterfall V - model and Agile development methodologies
- Well versed in Software Testing Life cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Analyzing business and technical requirements to define testing objectives and create comprehensive Test plan and Test cases.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience developing and executing test cases, including automated tests.
- Expert in Functionality, Regression, Black box, Embedded testing, Back-end, Integration, System, User Acceptance, Load, Stress and Performance Testing, Audio and video testing.
- Working experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium Web Driver.
- Expertise in using Selenium RC API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Good experience on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experience with requirements management, test management and defect management tools (Quality Center, Test Director, ALM, JIRA, Enterprise Tester, Bugzilla, audio, Ontime, JAWS, Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio Team Foundation server)
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in developing Test Analyzing Report (TAR).
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, SQL, and Hadoop
- Experienced in DW projects ETL testing against DW testing with Informatica, Ab Initio and data stage tools like Hadoop.
- Ability to develop complicated SQL script for Data validation testing by running SQL script, procedures
- Experience with functional test tools and load/stress test tools (Quick Test Professional, UFT, Load Runner)
- Ability to write SQL queries to use in requirements analysis and data validation testing
- Experience in writing automated test script using VB Script
- Knowledge of working in Advertising, E-Commerce, Financial, Insurance, Banking domain.
- Validated BI Reports format, content and usability. Used SQL Server to validate against backend and to setup data for controlled cases.
- Experience in Work independently and end to end testing.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision as well as in a team environment.
Testing/Test Management Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, Seleniam, ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, JIRA, Subversion (SVN), Enterprise Tester, Microsoft Test Manager, BAO, RF, Visual Studio, Talend, Crontab, Infotainment.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata
Software Tools: MS OFFICE, Outlook, Microsoft FrontPage, Toad, SVN, Eclipse, Putty, Tortoise, Intellij, Autosys, Toad
Web Browsers & Servers: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Tomcat, Apache, Web Logic, Google chrome.
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows (XP, VISTA, Windows 7) and UNIX,Linux
Hadoop: HDFS, Map-Reduce, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
QA/ ETL Tester/ Big Data Analyst/ Software development
Environment: jira, ETL, Oracle 8.0, Windows XP and UNIX, Autosys, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Sqoop, SVN, Chrontab, Putty.
- Participated in created of User Stories with Business users, and Developers.
- Developed a detailed Test Plan for the testing effort of the User Interface.
- Developed Test Cases based on the requirement documents.
- Committed Selenium Web Driver scripts to SVN from Eclipse IDE.
- Handled importing of data from various data sources, performed transformations using Hive, Map-Reduce, loaded data into HDFS and extracted the data from Teradata into HDFS using Sqoop.
- Used ETL Tools to validate and compare data of source and target databases
- Exported the analyzed data to the relational databases using Sqoop for visualization and to generate reports for the BI team.
- Actively participated in status reporting meetings and networked with development to discuss the technical issues and analyzing bugs
- Tested simple to complex Map Reduce jobs using Hive.
- Analyzed the data by performing Hive queries and running Pig scripts to know user behavior.
- Optimized Map Reduce jobs to use HDFS efficiently by using various compression mechanisms.
- Created partitioned tables in Hive.
- Performed Database testing, Functional testing, Embedded testing, smoke testing.
- Tested the Pig UDF's to pre-process data analysis.
- Performed complex Joins on the tables in Hive.
- Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured data using Hive.
- Involved in software architecture, detailed design, coding, testing and creation of functional specs of enhancement application.
- Used TOAD to confirm the correctness of the data in the backend.
- Provided End to End support for the testing activities during System Testing, UAT.
- Managed and reviewed Hadoop log files.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Automation Test Engineer/ Software development
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, RF, Eclipse, Firebug, Fire Path, SOAPUI, XML, HTML, BAO, Shell, QTP
- Followed the company's standards in documenting Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedure using Business requirements document and Functional requirements document of the system.
- Executed SQL Queries to retrieve data from tables and to perform back end testing.
- Logged defects in Quality Center and updated the status of bugs as they moved to different stages.
- Converted QTP scripts into Selenium scripts. Used Java as Language and Eclipse as IDE, ANT as build tool, Jenkins as CI tools.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web application.
- Used Selenium Web Driver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Monitor and troubleshoot BAO integration workflow
- Integration BAO with various systems and different environments
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipe line running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages workflows on BAO and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Used MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) exclusively in an agile environment.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to run test cases in multiple browsers and cross Platforms.
- Identified defects in system testing, end to end testing regression testing, UAT testing, logged these defects using rational clear quest with proper severity and priority and performed defect life cycle.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Able to work in a Team as well as independently producing desired results
- Strong Analytical Skill, mindset, multi-tasking, with research, problem solving, product design and ability quickly learn new tools and technology.
- Analyze specification and assisted team to create test data, test cases, and test scripts for functional interface and system testing.
- Ensure all software is developed in accordance with company standards, and ensure
- Involved in smoke Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Embedded testing, positive Testing, negative testing and user acceptance testing.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Documentation, product design, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business and technical resources and methodology agile under scrum
- Tested ETL jobs as per business rules using ETL design document
- Maintained appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with business partners and technical resources
- Designing and Executing Test Cases in Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for test documentation management, defects tracking, requirements tracking, and translated the information to test procedures.
- Developed SQL queries and stored procedures to perform Back End testing
- Performed Database Testing for the application using SQL queries
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and analyzing UAT
- Identified the Test Cases to be automated and generated the automated scripts using QTP.
- Write automated test script using VB Script
- Develop test scripts for GUI, functionality and regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Used reusable keyword functions using descriptive Programming.
- Used Descriptive Programming for dynamic object.
- Used the Load Runner tool for Stress/Load Testing.
- Provided customer acceptance test scripts.