- 7+ years of professional experience in Software Testing of web based applications.
- Strong expertise in UI, Functional, Smoke, Integration, System, Regression and user acceptance and accessibility testing.
- Created test scripts using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Created Test reports to discuss with technical/development team to provide weekly status and Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression and UAT.
- Proficient in creation and execution of testing processes, test strategies, test plans, bug documentation, tracking system and complete coverage.
- Expertise in writing Test Design Specifications, defining Test Case Specifications and Test Procedures, developing and maintaining Test Cases in Quality Center.
- Experience in Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, TestNG, Junit.
- Mobile automation for android and windows app using Appium, Perfecto, SDK, ADT, ADB, Eclipse.
- Performing backend and database testing using Selenium.
- Well versed in Handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in using Junit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Launched Data Driven and Modular Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Proficient in API testing by using RESTful, SOAP Web Services.
- Involved in the development and designing of XML, HTML using cascading style sheets (CSS) for displaying the reports on the report server.
- Hands on experience in creating SQL query with all types of joins in MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Involved and Comfortable in all phases of testing including System integration testing and UAT with good Experience working on Java, MYSQL and VB Scripting.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and environments.
- Implemented Continuous Integration tool like Hudtson Jenkins.
- Expertise in implementing cross browser and cross platform web testing with WebDriver.
- Extensively involved in debugging Web Application using Firebug.
- Inspected elements using UIAutomatorviewer and Dev tools to find out Xpaths.
- Experience in Defect Life Cycle, Defect Tracking, Analysis and Reporting.
- Used defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center, Jira, BugZilla, also task - tracking tools like Rally to manage application.
- Extensive familiarity with Agile/Scrum, V-Model and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Proactive, Self-Motivated and take independent responsibility, as well as the ability to contribute and be a productive team member.
- Excellent in meeting deadlines, attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Industry experience includes hands on experience in Banking, Security and Authentication also involved Planning, implementation and Documentation management.
- Organized, flexible, quick learner with creative problem solving skills and has the ability to adapt to changing priorities Participated in R&D and Bug triage meetings.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid.
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8.1/10, iOS, Android
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. QA Engineer
- Involved in written Test Cases based on Use Cases and Business Requirements.
- Developed automation test suite from scratch with Selenium WebDriver with TestNG with Java for the application to help in regression testing.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Used Soap UI to conduct web services testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to handle various web page controls using locators like textbox, button, dropdown, checkbox, radio button, labels using XPath.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing, and regression testing using web based application and client-server applications.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions and also developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Grid, TestNg test scripts to run automated test cases in parallel on 5 environments.
- Conducted GUI validations on menu bars, toolbars, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium
- Tracked defects using JIRA, LISA and generated defect summary reports.
- Developing virtual service model using I TKO Lisa virtualize and testing locally with SOAPUI.
- Developing the new scripts, modifying and executing the scripts using CA LISA/Service virtualization tool.
- Identified test cases to automate and automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE).
- Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Apache POI, Java, HTML, CSS, X-path, Windows, SQL, Maven, Git, SOAPUI, Cucumber, TestNG, LISA.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression Testing using TestNg and Selenium Functional, Acceptance and Limit validations.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- Contributed in creating automation framework for complex scenarios and performed Functional and Regression Testing for various releases using Selenium 2.0(WebDriver) and TestNG
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using TestNG framework.
- Used complex SQL Queries to perform back-end data base testing
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform testing of the application.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Created Test Data using SQL and Wrote SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with selenium grid and selenium.
- Used TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in analyzing Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) and Use Case Documents to create Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Performed various types of testing like Functional, Integration, System, Regression, User Interface and Acceptance Testing etc., during various stages of the application development.
- Developed automation scripts for functional testing and Data driven testing of the application using QTP.
- Enhanced the VB script in QTP using Destructive Programming and Function Libraries.
- Used the various in built method in QTP like GetROProperty, SetROProperty and GetCellData to get the run time data from the data table.
- Parameterized the data and perform the data driven testing using QTP for testing the application with positive and Negative inputs.
- Scheduled Automation testing task in unattended mode in SOAPUI.
- Performed backend testing to validate database contents by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Reported the bugs, Email notification to the developers using Quality Center.
- Generated test summary reports and test execution reports using SOAPUI.
- Worked with the team lead to coordinate the test case turnover process proceeding each cycle and selectively executed the test cases to verify that they are kept current.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the automation testing effort and the project as a whole with offshore team.
Environment: Windows 7/8, Unix, HP Quality Center, DB2, Microsoft Excel, QTP, VB Script, SOAP UI, Groovy Scripting
- Understanding Functional Requirement Specifications and System Requirement Specifications
- Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Provide review comments on Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Created Test Plan Document based on Test Strategy Document.
- Execution of Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Metrics.
- Performed system testing to ensure the validity of the requirements.
- Performed User Acceptance and Regression Testing with UAT test scenarios.
- Find and report defects and subsequently validating the fix, repeating the process until done.
- Involved in Build deployment activities.
- Evaluated and suggested improvements to the software development process.
- Coordinate efforts between development teams and offshore enterprise test team.
- Monitoring Testing Activities within the team and reporting regular progress to the Test Manager.
- Implemented required testing approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints including applying risk-based analysis to determine test coverage.
- Attended Project Domain and Internal Project Functionality Training Sessions
- Worked closely with the software engineers to ensure successful, high quality releases
Environment: Windows, XML, IE, SQL Server, Quality Center.
Associate Test Engineer
- Studying and understanding the Functional Requirements.
- Involved in the preparation of Project Plan, Test Plan.
- Involved in preparation of Test Cases and Test data.
- Involved in Peer reviews
- Test case Execution, Result analysis and Test Report generation
- Performed Functional and Regression testing
- Reporting Defects, Defect verification and track them till closure.
- Client interaction via conference calls on need basis.
- Worked as SCM coordinator for the project.
- Developing Test Plan and Test scripts.
- Test Data preparation and work with interfacing applications for data needs
- Status Reporting to all project stakeholders
- Generating Test and Defect Metrics for client manager and release management.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Detecting Defects, communicating to Business Leads and Using Priority based, Business critical bases and enhancement based strategies to conduct Functional testing.
- Perform database testing using SQL queries to validate test data.
- Reported various defects in user-friendly format using Quality Center as a test management tool and defect-tracking tool.
Environment: SQL, ORACLE, WINDOWS