- Over 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance in both Manual Testing and Automation for Client/Server and Web Based Applications and ability to Lead/Manageand coordinate with onshore and off shore team members for timely delivery of milestones.
- Diversified technical knowledge in Software principles, system analysis, design, development, writing technical documentation, QAProcedures and Methodologies in different domains including Banking / Financial, Manufacturing, HealthCare, Retail and POS.
- Excellent hands on experience of Software Development Life Cycle and various SDLC models like Agile - Scrum.
- Proficient on Automation framework development using SeleniumWebDriver, Core Java, TestNG, and Maven.
- Experience in developing Hybrid Frameworks using DataDriven, PageObject, UIMapping and Page-factory patterns.
- Experience in RestAPI Automation using HttpClient, RestAssured, Core Java and TestNG a nd also with backend testing like SQl.
- Experience in Continuous Integration with Git, Gerrit, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Worked on BDD data driven framework with Cucumber, JUnit, and WebDriver.
- Well-equipped with JMeter components to scale the performance testing of Web Applications and RestAPI’S.
- Experience in building Automation testing framework using SoapUI and Groovy.
- Experience in testing and writing complex SQL and PL/SQL statements to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Understanding of the Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) aspects such as Writing Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases, Defect Reports and Traceability Matrices.
- Performing GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance, Black Box, Gray Box, Sanity,Reliability, and compatibility, Cross Browser.
- Hands on experience of defect reporting into bug tracking systems such as HPQuality Center (QC)/ Jira.
- Good exposure in creating documents (QA Status Report, QA Summary Reports, QA Test Logs, issue and defects) to apprise project team members as to the status of meeting defined quality goals.
- Strong working experience with tools like QTP and HP ALM.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver, Web driver, Backed Selenium
Languages/Scripting: PL/SQL, XML, Java, Java Script, CSS, XML, JSON
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MySQL, SQL Server
Test Management: Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, TFS, IBM Rational Clear Quest DTS, Rose, MTM, Bugzilla
Documentation tools: MS Word, Excel, Power point, MS Project and Adobe Acrobat.
Operating Systems: MS Windows all versions, Mac OSX, Unix
Web Debugging: Xpath, Fire Path and Fire Bug
IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008
Browsers: Windows IE, Mozilla, AOL, Netscape Mac Safari, AOL, Mozilla, IE .
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Selenium Automation Engineer
- Collaborate with business analysts and development team to design high quality applications, evaluate all business requirements, and prepare required tests cases to perform tests on all applications and design all requirements.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Functional testing and Regressioncycles for the entire application.
- Implement all test scripts, prepare required documents and analyze all results and prepare all design procedures and perform required configurations and prepare all test cases and scripts in assistance with business analysts.
- Developed the automation scripts using WebDriver for functional testing.
- Worked with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented Page Object Model, Data Driven testing in Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver.
- Designed and develop Selenium Hybrid Automation framework using Java, TestNG, Apache POI, and Maven.
- Used Maven, Git, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Integrated with Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used JMeter for Web application and API performance testing.
- Used Rest Assured for REST API automation using Java.
- Designed automation steps, identifying objects and created test scripts.
- Analyzed testing results and defects, and provided recommendations to development team.
- Reported the bugs/defects through Rally.
- Work On ETL testing or backend testing.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Automated XML file generation and Linux shell scripts.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Worked with tight iterations throughout the development cycle in Agile .
- Designed, Implemented and Maintained Automation Framework Suite for Web UI and REST API .
- Worked on the framework using Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Apache Http Client, Java, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Apache POI
- Created data driven testing using Apache POIAPI for data driven testing using Java and Selenium .
- Experience with Http Client and org.json for REST API validations.
- Attending daily Scrum meetings with the QA, Development, and Product team.
- Created performance test scripts using JMeter to monitor response time and performance of the RESTful APIs.
- Tomcat server logs, Wireshark, TCPDump
- Testing the product, creating any defect and track any issues in JIRA .
- Worked on GIT Repository and developed Maven build java test scripts, and executed them in Jenkins build Production Environment
- Used Firebug to select CSS selectors and XPath to identify UI elements.
- Experienced in monitoring and debug performance issues on different OS Linux.
- Used SQL for data integrity testing, captured the SQL statements from the application execution and manually checked the results.
Environment: Selenium, Web Driver, Eclipse, SoapUI, Rally, Apache Http Client, JSON, JIRA, Test NG, JMeter, API, Maven, SQL, Java, Linux.
Confidential, Pennsylvania, US
- Analyse business requirements, create testing strategies and prepared Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirements.
- Worked on Selenium Automation Framework with Java .
- Worked with different locators like XPath, id, CSS Selectors for dynamic elements.
- Established continuous integration builds to build as code is checked-in and executed sanity test suite to validate the code checked-in.
- Experience working with Backend testing.
- Implemented new improved Performance Strategy and methods of Quality Performance Process improvements for project.
- Used Groovy (Set up and teardown script, Files, Looping ) to write test scripts for SOAP Web Services for data driven.
- Involved in migrating soap based web servicing testing to Rest API testing XML / JSON .
- Worked with Http Client for API Automation.
- Improved the efficiency of the SDLC by participating very early in the cycle, identifying gaps in the requirements and catching issues early.
- Performed testing of the web applications on multiple browsers, such as Firefox, Chrome .
- Involved in writing SQL queries and UNIX scripts for debugging purpose.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, SoapUI, Http Client, Maven, SVN, Eclipse, Xml, Oracle SQL Developer.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Involved in extracting data from the database and injected it in selenium scripts to make dynamic Automation framework.
- Setup the Automation framework using TestNG features to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Used Maven to create and execute automation scripts.
- Createdand executed the test scripts with Java.
- Execute stress/load scripts utilizing JMeter to determine real-world scalability of web sites and web applications.
- Used SoapUI for testing SOAP based Web Services
- Performed functional and performance testing of Web Services .
- Created automation scripts in SoapUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Worked with deployment team to create nightly automation regression execution builds.
- Ensured that daily automated regression testing is running and completing successfully.
- Experience with SQL using Oracle for debug and backend validations.
- Written shell scripts to execute test scripts on batch process.
Environment: SoapUI, Groovy, Maven, JMeter, SQL, Java, Jira, Web Driver, TestNG .
- Reviewed and analyzed Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents.
- Participated actively in the Requirement review meetings, Team meetings, to discuss the possible scenarios of testing.
- Prepared Test Cases and Test procedures based on Business Requirements Document and executed them accordingly.
- Assisted in defect call meetings to discuss status of high severity issues.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing to ensure requirements were met.
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate backend data.
- Coordinated actively with Technical peers, such as Developers, Project Managers, and Business/User groups.
- Worked on ETL testing.
- Worked on Web Services testing using SoapUI.
- Worked on UI testing on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Performed Manual testing and maintained documentation on different types of testing like Positive, Negative, Functional, Regression, Sanity and System Testing.
- Used SQL tools such as Toad for creating SQL queries to verify the integrity of the data.
- Worked on UNIX commands to grep server logs to identify root cause of the defect.
Environment: Windows, SQL, Quality Center, UNIX, SoapUI, Toad
Jr. Quality Analyst
- Involved in preparation of TestData used to test the Key Functionalities in Latest Builds.
- Testing and Reporting the Defects in latest product releases.
- Participated in ProjectMeetings&ConductingKnowledge Sharing Sessions and Training to End Users.
- Experience working with Backend testing.
- Reviewed requirements, traced test cases back to requirements, and coordinated discrepancies between the developers and architects (Requirements Tractability Matrix)
- Responsible for performing all testing related activities,including creating a test plan, working with requirements, identifying tests, creating tests, execution, and defect tracking.
- Reviewed all project documentation including charters, business requirements, technical requirements, file specifications, and functional design specifications, etc.
Environment: Windows, SQL, Quality Center, UNIX, SoapUI, Toad.