- 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing as a QA Engineer in Finance, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Automotive and Telecom domains
- Strong experience in Manual/Automation Testing and quality assurance of Web based, SOA/Web Services, Client/Server applications on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience to validate quality of the system in compliance with cGMP and other FDA Regulations.
- Experience in planning, designing, developing and deploying testing strategies for large scale Web applications and Client/Server systems
- Strong experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, HP UFT/QTP, SoapUI, Ready API, Tricentis TOSCA
- Experience using LoadUING, LoadRunner for performance/Load testing
- Experience in writing Selenium WebDriver automation test scripts using C#, Java, Python
- Expertise in testing SOAP, RESTful Web Services using SoapUI, Ready API, RestAssured, Postman
- Expertise in writing Groovy Scripts for validating responses of the Web Service requests
- Expertise in using XPath, ID, ClassName, Name, CSS, Text functions to identify the elements
- Experience in preparing automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, and TestNG/JUnit, Ant, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance testing
- Experience developing BDD scripts with Cucumber, SpecFlow for writing step definitions for behavior
- Experience in using node.js, protractor to run tests for web applications built with Angular JS
- Experience in Oracle/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server for Back - End Testing.
- Experience in maintaining the automation code and resources in source controls like Git, CVS, SVN, TFS over the time for improvements and new features
- Expertise in defect logging and defect tracking using JIRA, HP ALM and Rally
- Proficient in continuous integration tool Jenkins and build management tools Maven and Ant
- Experienced in developing QTP/UFT Automation Frameworks
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Testing.
- Experience in Service Virtualization tools like ServiceV Pro, CA DevTest Solutions (iTKO/CA LISA)
- SAP Experience: Supported SD Module during a full life cycles implementation project.
- Well versed with various SDLC methodologies like Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall.
- Experienced in reporting software defects and working with business analysts, developers to resolve
- Extensive experience in Developing Test Suites, Test Summary Report, Test Scenarios, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Test Cases/Scripts for Code Review and System.
- Expertise in Test Management, Defect Management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-starter, quick learner and team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as Tasks to meet project requirements and timelines
Automation Tools:: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, HP UFT/QTP, Postman,, Tricentis TOSCA, SoapUI, CA DevTest, Ready API, LoadRunner
Defect Management:: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Rally
Debugging Tools:: FireBug, FirePath, Web developer tools-Chrome, IE
Programming Lang.:: SQL, Java, ASP.net, C#, Groovy, VBScript, Python
Databases:: Oracle 12c/11g, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access
Database Tools:: TOAD, SQL Plus, SQL Developer
IDE:: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio
Build Tools:: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Version Control:: SVN, Git, CVS, Team Foundation Server
OS:: Windows, Linux, Android and OS X
Confidential, Englewood, CO
QA Automation Tester
- Writing and executing software system test plans and test cases based on business requirement documents and technical specification documents
- Responsible for determining test approach methods for functional, Regression, System and Automation testing
- Use Ready API SoapUI NG Pro for testing SOAP and Restful web services
- Develop groovy scripts to validate the output and execute test to test SOAP and RESTful web services
- Create defects, tasks & new features in JIRA to keep track of issues, software functionality
- Ensure all processes meet the standards/required protocols for consistency and accuracy
- Use Jenkins for Continuous integration, Git as source control repository
- Use Oracle SQL for querying database and retrieving data for testing and to check data integrity
- Use Workfront to update the progress of tasks assigned and to track the teams progress
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager to check workflow, task recovery, understanding of SOA workflow While testing SOA transactions, SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Use Putty/WinSCP to check the Unix logs for failed tests and errors
- Developing virtual service model using CA Service Virtualization and testing with SoapUI.
- Configuration, Deployment and maintenance of virtual services
- Integration testing of the deployed service models in respective environment.
- Performed Migration testing and reported the data discrepancies for cleansing the Database
- Design automated Test cases using Selenium WebDriver in Java, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber
- Perform Web Service and Web Application testing on project operated within agile environment, with 2-week sprints, daily scrum meetings, task waiting, refactoring, presentations and review.
- Use SQL Developer to perform queries on Databases and tables related to the Facades
- Participate in daily stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Team Meetings, Defect Reviews, Grooming Sessions
- Communicate with developers and Business Analysts for activity diagrams and mapping docs
Environment: Ready API, Oracle, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Swagger, Linux, JMeter, White box, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Java, JUnit, Groovy, TestNG, Cucumber, JSON, XML, SoapUI, CA DevTest, HTML, Postman, Maven and Agile.
Confidential, Confidential, NY
Sr. QA Analyst
- Performed Web Application and Web Service testing on project operated within agile environment with 2-4 week sprints, daily scrum meetings, Sprint Planning and Defect Review Meetings.
- Designed, developed and implemented Page Object Model based automation-testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, SoapUI, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Supported the sales team operations in understanding operational workflows and system data structure as well as assisting with data validation.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts and test cases using Selenium WebDriver in C#, Java
- Implemented Acceptance tests using BDD SpecFlow in Visual Studio
- Used TOSCA TestSuite for test automation of an application built for SAP team
- Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in Oracle Database.
- Used Ready API SoapUI Pro for testing SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Generated, parsed and validated JSON and XML formatted data in the responses of SOAP and Rest API’s using Groovy Scripting
- Created & documented complete and detailed technical specifications for all custom report & file extract project.
- Used SVN to maintain and manage the build scripts, test data used and other documents related to the project.
- Used the POI API to read data from the excel sheets.
- Worked in an Agile methodology (Scrum framework) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Used JIRA to create and track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Configured and maintained and Jenkin/Ant to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, TestNG, Firebug, SQL, JIRA, Jenkins, SVN, TOSCA, Python, SOA, Angular JS, ANT, XPath, XML, SoapUI, BDD, SQL Server 2012, UNIX, Oracle, JUnit, SpecFlow, Groovy, JSON, HTML, Maven and Agile.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
QA Automation Tester
- Prepared and reviewed Quality Control strategy and test plan.
- Analyzed the requirements and designed detailed test cases.
- Analyzed and defined client's needs and requirements for the software, defined the quality assurance objectives.
- Created and reviewed test cases based on the objective of HP ALM 12 strategy
- Used HP ALM 12 for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests
- Extensively used HP Quality Center/HP ALM to maintain Requirements, Test plans, write Test Cases, Defects and Traceability Matrix
- Writing automation test scripts, running test scripts and analyzing results using UFT
- Converted Manual test cases from ALM to automation scripts using UFT framework
- Updated UFT framework by creating new functions and sub procedures using both dynamic descriptive programming and object repository
- Developed and reviewed test scripts coded in VBScript for automation test scenarios
- Run regression using UFT framework and analyze and update regression scripts for new builds
- Used ODBC Connection Function to make a connection with Teradata Database and Passing SQL Query to Retrieve Data from Database and save in specific path.
- Used extensive SQL queries from the front end using database checkpoints in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) to perform backend database testing.
- Accessed data from Oracle database using SQL scripts.
- Analyzed Test results to meet the end user needs.
- All the asset files and object repository were version controlled by SVN (Subversion).
- Manual test cases were managed through HP ALM 12 and updated those test cases whenever needed.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Back-end, System and Regression testing
- Used LoadRunner for performance testing
- Participated in Daily standup to discuss issues and keep track of progress made and issues facing the overall QA process.
- Participated in Retrospective and Defect review meetings to discuss new defects
- Conducted back end testing using UFT data driven framework to test for data integrity.
- Done the feasibility analysis of test cases, which need to be automated.
- Testing of new features by creating test specifications, test cases, and working closely with development and business teams.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project's test conditions.
- Assisted in build and deployment activities in QA/Test environments
- Communicate testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with the development team to validate the scope of fixing the bugs.
Environment: HP UFT 12, HP ALM 12, VBScript, LoadRunner, SVN, GUI, Java, Agile, manual, Automation, Oracle 11g, OBIEE 11, Teradata, Microsoft suite, IE, Chrome.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed, revised and created test scenarios per business and functional requirements
- Created test runs, test cases, Mockups, Process Flow Diagrams from the functional documents
- Involved in writing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) detailed Test Plan and Test scenarios
- Worked closely with project manager/Test Lead and Project team to learn about the project functionalities and provided testing timelines
- Involved in System Integration testing, Multi Browser testing, Production Validation testing, Assembly testing, and Database testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing JUnit test suites and test cases for functional testing.
- Performed defect tracking and management, interfacing with development teams, configuration management team, environment team, UAT team, and other application teams.
- Involved in Test Result analysis, Defect Management, and Risk analysis.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and JUnit Framework.
- Implemented Java API's Collections, IO and JDBC, Apache POI in WebDriver Scripts.
- Worked on creating both manual and automated test cases in TOSCA TestSuite
- Participated in the User Stories discussion and test scenarios preparation.
- Involved in Offshore co-ordination, work assignment, query resolution, and work product reviews.
- Used SoapUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and performed Unit testing JUnit framework.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing SQL queries and executed performance tests using JMeter
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT User Acceptance testing
- Prepared data requirements for each Sprint release and preparation of test cases design and review and publishing during the demo.
- Provided strategies for reusability of data requirements which helped in effort saving
- Prepared training documentations with process flow diagrams using Visio
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, RC, SQL, TOSCA, Java, ANT, JUnit, SoapUI, REST, SOAP, JIRA, JMeter, Agile, Windows, UNIX.
- Reviewed requirements and specifications and provided input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Understand Application by analyzing Functional Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document
- Analyzed system requirements specifications, developed test plans, test cases, and test data for testing the functionality, GUI, usability, user acceptance tests with both Positive and Negative Scenarios, especially focused on logical scenarios of the application.
- Worked in Agile testing methodology, participate in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverable
- Used JMeter for performance testing and generated reports for different thread groups
- Used Quality Center to define requirements, design test steps, run as test set, report, track and close bugs.
- Recorded Test Scripts using HP UFT
- Performed Integration testing with the Web Service and overall System testing
- Worked on testing SOAP and Restful web services in SoapUI using Groovy Scripting
- Created and executed SQL queries against Oracle database compared the results and analyzed discrepancies.
- Prioritized Identified defects and monitored bugs fixing status through Outlook Express, which was configured through Quality Center.
- Participated in defect review meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug and responsible for tracking of the testing life cycle.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression testing, User Acceptance, and Comparison testing.
- Involved in Setting up of Test and Staging environment.
- Worked with the project team to accomplish quality assurance and process improvement initiatives.
- Coordinated with Business Analyst, Development team and other project team members to discuss and resolve defects
- Performed End User Testing before the Build is released for actual real time implementation.
- Participated in the Team Meetings to discuss the issues raised during testing
Environment: UFT, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Keyword Driven, Agile, Java, HP ALM, JIRA, Quality Center, SQL server, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Windows