About 7+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer with expertise in testing strategy to develop effective test plan and approach. I have applied my knowledge and skills in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle, and expertise in writing Test Cases and Test Scripts (Automation) and execute test cases.
- About 7+ years of Expertise in White Box, Back End, Web Services Automation, Performance, User Acceptance, Functional, Load, Stress, Regression and Integration Testing (Automation) using Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and TestNg.
- Around 7+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer actively participated and contributed in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with expertise in Requirement Analysis, Test Plan formulation, Test Design and Test Automation.
- Developed automation scripts creation/Review/Analysis using Selenium web driver in Key - word Driven & Hybrid Frame work using Java programming
- Experience in validating and automating Rest API’s testing scripts (Java, TestNG framework)
- Participated in developing applications using programing languages like Java and Python.
- Exceptional skills in Agile Development and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Good Knowledge in DBMS and RDBMS concepts for large oracle database
- Extensive working knowledge in UNIX operating system.
- Solid Back- end testing in writing and executing SQL Queries
- Experience in end-to-end Testing. (Full Stack Application)
- Experience in Jenkins and TeamCity as a continuous integration tool
- Ability to accurately Log defects, Escalate Issues, Risks and provide accurate management reporting using defect-logging tools like, Radar and Jira, and Quality Center
- Experience in developing Test frameworks from the scratch, particular expertise in Page Object and Data Driven.
- Involved in preparation of Software Metrics, Defect Report, and Weekly Status Reports.
- Ability to prepare Status, Exit criteria and Defect reports.
- Hands on experience in Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) Methodologies, attended walkthrough and standup meetings with Project managers, Developers, QA leads.
- Ability to think from a customer viewpoint and understand the complexities of the business.
- Experience of working through tight deadlines in a mature ‘complex’ testing environment
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills and an inclination to adapt new technologies available in market.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and also as an individual.
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude combined with excellent communication skills, always wanting to upgrade to new technologies.
Language and Database: Java, Python, MySQL
Web Technology: HTML, CSS, XML, Java Script, Json
Platform OS: Windows, Linux, Mac OS,Unix
IDE/ Utilities and Tools: Eclipse, XPathChecker, Firebug, XPath Finder
Browsers (Testing): Google Chrome, Mozilla Fire Fox, Safari, IE
Testing & Testing Tools: Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, TestNG, JUnit, Automation, Regression Testing, Selenium IDESelenium RC, Selenium Grid, Webdriver, BugZilla, Jira SQL developer, Radar, XCode, Teamcity, Code coverage Jenkins, Maven, Rally
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
- Responsible for backend automation testing using Java with some focus on Frontend automation using Java and Selenium.
- Performed automated testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg on various Java platform applications
- Performed Functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver on different module of corporate web site.
- Interacted constantly with Developers and QA leads to write Test Cases and Plans in the most effective way possible.
- Performed Back End testing on modules like Transaction Summary, Setting up new accounts.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool
- Coded application components using a test-driven approach (TDD)
- Involved in writing SQL queries using Todd for retrieving and manipulating Databases.
- Responsible for defining Testing Scope, Approach, Strategy, Test Entrance and Exit Criteria.
- Designed and developed functional, Load Test frameworks and automated Test suites (Selenium WebDriver with TestNg).
- Working on payment module (Manual Testing)
- Worked on PageObject Model framework in particular to encapsulate the internal state of web page to a single page object.
- Use Firebug for the web based application testing with Selenium WebDriver for the commands and locator applications.
- Used JIRA as a mode to log bugs and communicate with managers and developers with issues regarding closure of bugs.
- Worked in the Agile Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Participated in software requirements and implementation design reviews and attending Scrum Kickoff meetings, Product Backlog in Agile software development.
- Preparation of Weekly Status reports and attending weekly project status meeting to provide testing status.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE/WebDriver, Firebug, TestNg, JIRA, XML, HTML, SQL Server, Eclipse, Agile (Scrum) Methodology, Unix, and PageObject Model Framework.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Software Engineer (QA Lead - Automation)
- Prepared and contributed in creating automation test plan and test cases for number of web services used by Apple Ad portal.
- Developed, maintained and executed automated test script with java, and TestNG.
- Developed Automation framework using TestNg to achieve large-scale automation.
- Validated and automated Rest API’s testing scripts (Java, TestNG framework)
- Developed complex and dynamic SQL queries for checking data integrity and accuracy in the back end as well as for test data creation to validate various reports.
- Working with relational databases and expertize with the SQL language.
- Validate and automate web services using Java and TestNG
- TestNG test cases for DDT by using TestNG annotation
- Analyzed Manual Test cases with QA Team for most important & high Priority requirements conversion to Automated Test Scripts using Java and TestNg framework
- Using radar for bug tracking, reporting, updating status and creating test suits
- Worked on automation framework to test independently core services API.
- Testing, evaluating product defects, writing test cases, automating, and working closely with the entire cross-functional team to ensure product quality
- Performed regression, smoke, functional and integration testing in monthly release cycle.
- Worked in fast pace agile environment with coordination of developer team
- Good experience of automation environment setup, subversion repository, and Gradle.
- Used TeamCity as a continuous integration tool
Environment: Java, My SQL, TestNG, Agile Methodology, Radar, Unix, Data Driven, Unix, Eclipse, Subversion (SVN) and Teamcity
Confidential, Sunnyvale CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance testing and verifying the results with expected results, which should complain with the predefined requirements.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test web sites and their systematic updates for functionality, usability, regression, performance, browser and operating systems compatibility.
- Developed and maintained release acceptance tests using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Eclipse.
- Identify, record, track and prioritize defects within the integration and stage environments.
- Designed and coded new features for internal harness application. (Java, SQL, JDBC, JUnit, Linux...). Expanded feature set considerably over a short period of time, significantly increasing product scope.
- Created CSS/XSLT script to parse XML results into HTML format.
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality with Selenium.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, SQL, Java, CSS, XSLT, JDBC, and SVN.
Programmer/ Quality Analyst
- Responsible for the testing and bug reporting and Bug fixing.
- Support activities include training users and other technical support staff, and responding to production questions and problems
- Participated in meetings with project teams to ensure that the functionalities of the applications are feasible and can meet requirements.
- Designed test plans and prepared test cases.
- Involved in system tests and created test reports.