- 6 years of IT industry experience with proven skill in the field of software testing.
- Expertise in UI Testing, Regression Testing, Functional, Positive, Negative, System Integration Testing(SIT), Acceptance(UAT), ETL, Browser compatibility, Desktop application testing, Web application testing, black box, back - end testing.
- Proficient working knowledge of SQL queries.
- Competent in analyzing functional specifications, business requirements, business workflow to identify test requirements, track the requirements by using (requirement traceability matrix).
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills.
- Provided input to test strategy and test plan.
- Good Knowledge in XML, XPath, XML Schema
- Implemented QA methodologies, practices and processes in all kind of environment including client/server, Web, and Linux.
- Ability to work with offshore teams in a professional and efficient manner. Knowledge Automation Tools like Quick Test Professional, Load Runner, WinRunner.
- Keen understanding of QA Process, Test cases, Use Cases and Waterfall, V-Model form SDLC and Agile methodologies. Can work through different phases of SDLC.
- Good understanding of the Defect Life Cycle and Defect Management Process.
- Excellent troubleshooting, tracking bugs and issue resolution skills.
- Familiar with Soap (XML and WSDL), Unix, and SQL.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008, TSQL, Oracle, PL/ SQL
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 11, ALM QC, Selenium, QTP, WinRunner, LoadRunner
Testing Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Others: MS Excel, Power Point, Word, MS Visio, Microstrategy, Tableau
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Understanding the business requirements document of the application to develop system test scenarios and system test scripts
- Modifications to the existing test cases whenever there is a change or enhancement in functionality of the application.
- Extensively used Mercury Quality Center in writing, uploading and executing Test Scripts.
- Log defects and escalate high priority issues to test lead and / or management team
- Supported end users for UAT Testing Attended Status meetings & Updated the management with Daily & Weekly Status report of all the testing activities.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, Use-Case Analysis and Gap Analysis.
- Developed Test Conditions, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix
- Scheduled Test Plan / Test Cases review sessions for approvals from project stakeholders for each release of responsible work streams.
- Executed System, Functional, Regression, Smoke, End-to-End, Database Integrity and User-Acceptance (UAT) test scripts on various modules for each release.
- Coordinated with various teams to fix problems and duplicate defects in test/production environments.
- Coordinated and tested interfacing/downstream web applications.
- Tested daily extract files loading process into Database and wrote SQL queries to test database integrity using Microsoft SQL Server management studio query tool.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports.
- Preformed production check-out verifications for each release.
Environment: ALM, QTP, Windows NT, Manual Testing, SQL, HTML.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Participated in Functional requirements analysis, Risk analysis and Use Case analysis Involved in developing QA test plan covering functional, integration, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Participated in testing the Dashboard Front end like Drill Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Standard Reports, and Master Detailed Reports, using different reporting features like Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Prompts, Filters, Alerts, Sorts and Breaks.
- Participated in Manual testing to check all the reports build in microstrategy.
- Written and executed Regression test cases using QTP.
- Performed the Mobile and Tablet application testing.
- Developed and maintained test scripts and test cases based on system flow and field validation by using positive, negative and regression testing scenarios.
- Responsible for System testing, Integration testing and UAT, Performed Regression testing.
- Used Microsoft share point to collaborate with the team members.
- Worked with SQL extensively to test the database integrity.
Environment: QC, Windows NT, Manual Testing, SQL, HTML.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Participated in Functional requirements analysis, and Use Case analysis
- Involved in developing QA test plan covering functional, integration, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Established the business analysis methodology using Iterative model of SDLC.
- This project process is done by Agile Methodology.
- Design and Develop Plans for different application releases
- Used Microsoft TFS for requirements management and build management and reporting.
- Involved in developing Test Plan, Test Cases in Microsoft Test manager (MTM).
- Used Microsoft share point to collaborate with the team members Performed System testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, UAT, Regression testing and data driven testing.
- Utilized Quality Center to map the Requirements, Test Cases to develop Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Once the account is created / updated / removed, queried the database using SQL queries to make sure that the database reflects the change.
- Performed various types of testing, such as Black box, Functional, and Regression testing
- Determined testing scope and prioritized deliverables in different phases.
- Write SQL Queries as per DW Design Mapping document to validate respective tables logic.
- Performed Regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using QTP.
- Co-ordination between offshore and onsite and escalation on any delay/issues to respective Manager.
Environment: QTP, HP Quality Center, Business Objects, SQL Server
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- As a Team Member Analyzing Business and System Requirements.
- Involved in Manual Testing of this Project.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Plan (High Level Document).
- Design and Developed Test Cases according to Functional Requirements and design specifications of the application.
- Performed Integration, Regression, and Functional Testing.
- Execution of Test Scripts using WinRunner.
- Used shell scripting to execute the commands.
- Checking the status of the jobs in UNIX.
- Performed Positive & Negative Testing.
- Found Defects and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Interacted with Business People and Developers to exchange the updated Functionality specification.
Environment: Quality Center, WinRunner, Windows NT, Manual Testing, SQL, HTML.
Confidential , Boise, ID
- Played a major role in the analysis and review of functional requirements, and derived test scripts based on the approved requirements for regression testing on a user application utilized by the legal industry
- Derived prioritized testable requirements quickly and efficiently in order to optimize for an aggressive schedule without violating the integrity of a test.
- Prioritized tests and followed up with the stakeholders when needed during compressed schedules.
- Prepared test data for meeting positive and negative test scenarios.
- Identified and documented software bugs using HPQC and interacted with development team to isolate and resolve testing issues.
- Attended daily defect triage calls to bring open defects to closure.
- Supported UAT team during UAT phase.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to check backend data and data integrity.