- Over 7 years of experience as a QA Analyst in Manual Testing and Automation Testing with Selenium in all phases of Life Cycle.
- Manual Testing, Automation Testing using Selenium (Web Driver) and Java, Oracle SQL and Web services testing using SOAP UI & REST Client.
- Excellent knowledge about Automation Testing using Selenium (Web Driver) and Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Strong base in Manual as well as Automation Testing of Web based application by preparing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports and Documentation.
- Expert knowledge and experience in iterative Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall models.
- Expertise in Analyzing Results, Bug Tracking & Reporting.
- Experienced in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Confidential .
- Expertise in Web - Based Applications, Functional and Regression Testing using Confidential .
- Good experience in Confidential WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven and Jenkins/Hudson.
- Proficiency in Java to create automation test scripts.
- Experience in core Java, Hands-on in creating/debugging/enhancing different automation frameworks.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases, Developing & Maintaining Test Scripts as well as documenting all phases of QA Process.
- Experienced in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test Case Execution, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors by having Defect Triage meetings.
- Expertise in testing/quality assurance. Specific testing expertise includes Manual testing techniques (Black Box Testing, System testing, Integration Testing, Functionality Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Positive, Negative Testing and Browser compatibility testing)
- Experience in Developing, Reviewing and Executing Test Cases.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries for database transactions.
- Involved in developing load and performance test scripts using Web (HTTP/HTML), PeopleSoft, Citrix and Click and Script protocols.
- Motivated achiever and a good team player with Excellent Communication - Verbal, Written & Analytical skills.
- Strong focus on Documentation, Communication, Process and Constant Improvements.
- Responsible for presenting regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Good experience in effort estimation and risk mitigation planning.
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented individual with high level of work ethics.
Testing Tools: Selenium RC, Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Selenium 2.0, RubyMine, Maven, Jenkins Java Frameworks TestNG, Junit
Databases: SQL server and SQLite, MySQL
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: MAC OS X, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux Tools & Version Control GIT, SVN
Senior QA Selenium Engineer
Confidential - Santa Clara, CA
- Worked on building automation test framework for functional regression testing scripts using various Open Source based tools like Confidential Web driver, Robot framework. Working in a continuous build integration development environment.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using Java/TestNG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
- Identified the Automation scenarios, Designed/Setup the Hybrid framework, prepared the UI Object Info, Functions, test Data, Prepared the Test Suite using JAVA Framework TestNG, Executed the Scripts, and updated the scripts as part of maintenance.
- Automate the Test Cases using Confidential Web driver with JAVA Framework TestNG.
- Involved in writing and testing test scripts using Confidential WebDriver and Java Object Oriented Programming Language.
- Performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, and Usability testing.
- Experience in Integration, System Testing using different devices (iPhone, IPad Web based applications)
- Performed testing on Mobile devices for compatibility check.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Worked on Jenkins to integrate the automated test execution with build deployments to complete the automation process.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTful Web Services using SOAPUI Tool.
- Confidential Web Driver for automating over 70% of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Requirements and Design Documents Review and Analysis.
- Attending Scrum and Sprint Planning meetings, providing estimations for testing.
- Worked on Requirements and Design Document Review & Analysis and Test Case preparation.
- Written Test Cases for Functional Testing of the Web Application.
- Analyzed application business requirements, technical specification and INSTALLATION guidelines.
- Interacted with the respective developers to explain the testing issues on behalf of the testing team and managed the entire testing effort.
- Used product knowledge to validate software fixes and document defects identified in the product functionality.
Environment: Web Driver 2.53, REST, SOAPUI, Java 1.6, Eclipse 4.5, TestNG, XML 1.0, SQL, Java, SVN, GIT, HTML 4.01.
Senior Automation/ Confidential Tester
Confidential - New Canaan, CT
- Actively Participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements, Used best practices to create and execute extensible tests.
- Worked with the team to increase the test coverage, Reviewed and Analyzed the Business requirements to create Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Developed and executed Test Cases and followed-up defects using Quality Center.
- Used eclipse IDE with Confidential to support functional testing and was involved in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Written Java code for automating order placement and performed regression testing using Confidential .
- Conducted Data integrity and Data validation tests and reviewed the Confidential Scripts developed by the team members.
- Investigating software bugs and reporting to the developers using Quality Center and interfaced with developers to resolve the technical issues.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team.
- Worked with Developers to ensure testing issues are resolved and had written automation scripts for Regression test cases and executes using Confidential .
- Coordinate efforts with other QA members responsible for building and maintaining the test environment and regression test bed.
- Followed QA testing automation setup to set up Confidential WebDriver to run automated test scripts
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Confidential WebDriver and TestNG
Confidential - Dedham, MA
- Reviewed and Analyzed the Business requirements to create Test Plan and Test Cases and gathered the Test Data requirements.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test cases using SOAPUI.
- Developed automation test cases using Confidential Web Driver and used eclipse IDE with Confidential to support Functional testing.
- Creation of Test strategy and test plan, test strategy and test case walk-through and executed data testing using web services.
- Performed Integration testing to check the flow of application, user acceptance testing in final phase of software development process to check functionality.
- Extensively compared several data feeds using comparison software and generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues.
- Review of Test Cases and scenarios developed by the internal team and involved in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Written Java code for automating order placement and performed regression testing using Confidential, Browser and OS compatibility testing and conducted Data integrity and Data validation tests.
- Built for over 70% Test Cases using Confidential Web Driver+TestNG and reviewed the Confidential Scripts developed by the team members.
- Responsible for conducting Integration, End-to-End testing to make sure business work flow is sufficiently replicated.
- Interfacing with developers to resolve the technical issues and assisted the newly joined test team members to understand the application.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team. Environment: Confidential 2.0, Agile, Windows 2000/XP, Java 1.6, Eclipse, REST, SOAPUI, TestNG 5.9, XML 1.0, SQL, Core Java.
Confidential - Islandia, NY
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules, participated in Requirement gathering phase with business team for Data migration test.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Confidential RC/WebDriver.
- Worked on Confidential IDE, the integrated development environment for Confidential scripts using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Developed regression scripts using Confidential RC, extensively used my SQL proficiency during data migrations.
- Automated the regression test cases using the Confidential &TestNG and created Test strategy, test plan and test cases.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts and used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Confidential .
- Review of the test cases created by the team, automated regression test cases and positive scenarios in Confidential web driver (Java)
- Performed RESTful Web Service Testing and functional testing using SOAPUI.
- Validation of concept before implementation (Visualization and interlinking), automated the Test Cases using Confidential RC, Java Eclipse and JUnit.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify elements on the page.
- Developed Automation Test Scripts with extensive parameterizations using multiple actions to categorize tests.
- Used Manual testing, Automation testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, and Black Box Testing, White Box Testing and DB testing.
- Participated in cross-browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 7, Windows XP, MAC OS X) testing in virtual machine (VMWare) environment and with remote control machines.
- Executed Automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing used Confidential RC.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using Confidential RC.
Environment: Confidential RC 2.0, WebDriver 2.0, Confidential Grid, REST, SOAPUI, Quality Center, Windows7, Windows XP, MAC OS X, Agile Methodology, MS Office tools, SQL Server, HTML 4.01, XML 1.0.
- Followed Agile Methodology for application Implementation and Testing and participated in sprint daily scrum, planning, Review, meetings.
- Developed Test Plan Document for numerous Releases.
- Automate the test cases and performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Usability testing.
- Participated in Requirement gathering phase with business team for Data migration test.
- Worked on understand of different verticals of insurance domain coverage like Automobile, General Liability and Worker's Compensation.
- Created parallel logic to validate the information recorded in reports.
- Data testing and validation of the data from Quest TOAD 8.5 for executing SQL queries on test data held on a database.
- Validation of concept before implementation (Visualization and interlinking) and Validation of functionality changes.
- Identified the Automation scenarios, Designed/Setup the Hybrid framework, prepared the UI Object Info, Functions, test Data, Prepared the Test Suite, Executed the Scripts, and updated the scripts as part of maintenance.
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) of a Web based application.
- Create and execute End to End Use Cases for User Acceptance Testing and responsible for centralizing the testing approaches in various projects.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Eclipse 3.6.1, TOAD 9.6, Web logic, Manual Testing, Quality Center, Agile Methodology, MS Office tools, HTML, XML 1.0.
- Involved in reviewing Business and Functional Specification documents.
- Actively participated in various meetings including Business Analysts, Development, Scrum and QA Meetings.
- Involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to plan the stories that needs to be developed and tested in the upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort.
- Contributed in identifying the areas of automation. Involved in Automation Framework Test Execution and Maintenance.
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database and documented test results and sent email communications with test results.
- Used various available features of Manual Testing to develop efficient and error free Test Scripts.
- Understanding table structure and database testing to fetch necessary records.
- Created, Executed and maintained over 200 test cases through Quality Center for functional, UI testing.
- Tested the application for browser compatibility on various browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome.
- Validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Interacted with Developers and management to identify and resolve technical issues and presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Tracked and reported defects into Quality Center and notified management with details.
Environment: Quality Center, Manual Testing, Windows, Agile Methodology, MS Office tools, SQL Server, HTML, XML 1.0.