- 8 years of experience in the field of IT with focus in Software Testing and Quality Assurance for various Client server, Windows and web - based applications. Expert in all phases of test life cycles, including requirements analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Experience in Webservices (API) testing using SOAP UI.
- Experience in Crystal Reports.
- Extended experience in system integration testing, UAT testing, functionality testing, and regression testing.
- Good experience in creating and developing Test requirements, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Reports and Defect reports for both manual and automation tests.
- Experience in automation testing using QTP and Selenium.
- Well Experienced in writing VB Scripts in QTP and Java in Selenium
- Extensive use of Selenium IDE and WebDriver.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and Iterative process.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and used MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases across projects and have done test data setting up for QA environment and also for automation testing environment.
- Well versed with various Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and workplace.
- Experience in various source control tools like SVN and Git for maintaining the test code over the time for improvement and to add to the test suite.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities and complexities.
- Ability to work independently and able to lead the project.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office Tools like MS Word, MS Excel, MS project and Power Point for Documentation, Reporting and Presentation.
- Extensive working experience on different browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mind bent to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Test Management/Automation Tools: Selenium Web driver 3.8.0, SOAP UI, QTP, Subversion (SVN), Firebug, Fire path, Eclipse IDE, JUnit, Selenium RC, TestNG, JIRA
Web services: SOAP UI
Version Control tool: GIT, Subversion (SVN)
XML Technologies: XML, XSD, WSDL, XPATH, DTD
Programming Language: Java, Intersystem Cache, Selenium, C, C++, Java Script, HTML, CSS, XML, VB Script
Operating Systems: Windows Variants, UNIX, LINUX
Other: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Business Objects, Visual Basic, Power Builder, Power Point
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Accurately record and clearly document all actual results compared to expected results.
- Maintain well organized record of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Fully document any unexpected anomalies identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate the anomaly.
- Assist in the development and refinement of product and software requirements to insure their functionality.
- Develop and document product requirements as part of Product Development Team
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Write test scripts and test cases to meet assigned requirements
- Communicate with developers, product managers, usability engineers and technical support specialists on product issues
- Work with Customer Support group to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment
- Work with Development team to ensure that the product is fully tested
- Work with Documentation to see that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Performed automation for Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Several Java collection classes, wrote code to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox controls using XPath, Selenium WebDriver classes.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT) and generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Firebug, HTML Oracle, MS SQL Server, T-SQL,Agile/Scrum, Git, HP Quality Center 11.0, HTML.
- Successfully enhanced the Avatar EHR
- Developed both Manual and Automation Test scripts based on Use cases and automated Test Cases using Selenium, Eclipse.
- Worked with a team of developers to provide new features to the software.
- Used UNIX commands for file management, placing inbound files for ETL and retrieving outbound files and log files from UNIX environment.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implementing the Design and development modules using Agile Methodology.
- Involved in automation of regression test scripts using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Used Intersystem Cache for scripting language.
- Recognized test automation opportunities and analyzed SOA requirements.
- Attending biweekly calls with client and BA to update status and understand the requirements
- Communicating with client on project status on a daily and weekly basis.
- Performed both Black Box Testing and Grey Box Testing.
- Tested several web services using SOAP UI Pro (SOAP and REST based)
- Maintained test cases and defect using Quality Center and Clear Quest.
- Experience in DB2 to maintain the functionality of the database
- Maintained functional testing gap and eliminate the risk caused by external dependencies component services by using UFT.
- Performed End to End testing to assure that application(s) performed seamlessly.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Document and Functional Specification Document, for accuracy.
- Coordinate and follow up with developers for timely resolution of issues/bugs.
- Used ALM QC as Test Repository for requirements, test cases mapped business requirements to test sets, archived the test results by build, tracked defects, analyzed the productivity based on the open, closed, blocked, reopened bugs.
- Conducted Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions to the team.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, MS SQL Server, Selenium, Crystal Reports, SOAP UI, SQL, Intersystem Cache, JIRA, Workplace, MS- Excel.
- Responsible for automating and reviewing test cases using Blast Testcase Recorder, also responsible for executing the automated test scripts using Blast Dispatcher.
- Responsible for analyzing the results in Blast Reports and validating the failures against the application, logging the defects if any and submitting the test reports after every run, which will take place after every build.
- Write Maintain and Execute Automated test scripts through software product upgrades.
- In-depth failure analysis performed against thousands of automated test executions.
- Responsible for analyzing and reviewing business requirements and writing test plans and test cases for QA automation by establishing QA procedures and QA standards.
- Preparing automation test scenarios and developing automated scripts that have broad coverage from manual test scenarios that test the whole functionality of the application.
- Executing automated test scenarios on different environments and logging the defects for the failures.
- Preparing test status reports during test execution process, documenting the test results, defect summary reports and test evaluation summary.
- Writing and executing SQL queries in DB2 to retrieve the data from various tables to perform back end testing.
- Performing all levels of testing like integration testing, system testing, functional testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, gray box testing and performance testing.
Environment: VBScript, SQL, XML, Crystal Report, UNIX, Jira, MS Office, MS-Excel, Windows XP.
Associate QA Engineer
- Requirement Understanding
- Creating Test cases on the basis of requirement
- Execution of Test Cases.
- Performed Functional Testing to validate the functionality of the Application.
- Involve in frontend testing and Cross browser testing
- Regression testing.
- Performed Ad-hoc testing.
- Participated in daily status call.
- Logged the Defects in Quality Control tool proposed by client and follow till closure
- Write test condition and test cases for modified functionality
- Learning and understanding the business and functional requirement specifications and use case documents of the applications and creating high level test requirements.
- Understanding and getting clarification of the unclear requirements by attending the meetings set up by managers with the business and development teams and raising queries for unclear requirements in the status meetings to keep all the project stakeholders informed about the issues.
- Helping Team lead in Making of Master test plan document by referring the system requirements specifications and use case documents, setting up walkthrough of the Master test plan with all project stakeholders and publishing the plan for signoff.
- Helping managing all project related documents on a common SharePoint portal and ensuring that all the artefacts are updated with the latest information.
Environment: Dot Net Framework 3.5, Oracle 9i, Windows XP, IE 8