- Quality Test Analyst for about 6 years in the field of Mobile, Web automation testing.
- Experience in testing Native Android and iOS applications on emulators and live devices.
- Extensive knowledge of Regression, Functional, Performance, System, Integration, compatibility, performance, validation testing, Databases and UAT testing on server/client and as well as on web - based applications.
- Experience performing GUI testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, black box testing, white box testing, load testing, stress testing, security testing, Latency testing and Acceptance testing for complex IT system
- Experience in testing Responsive Web applications on desktop and Mobile devices.
- Good Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards and methodologies with proficiency in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Agile and scrum project development environment.
- Performed Testing Life Cycle during the various phases of the application. Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts using TSL on Mercury Win runner, QTP.
- Experience in designing, documenting, and executing test plans, test scripts & test cases for manual and automation.
- Experienced in Using Firebug/Fire path to do web-based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Responsible performance testing, debugging, executing, analyzing Complex applications using Rational Performance Tester, HP Performance Center.
- Expert in different types of testing that includes Black Box testing, Smoke testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing, End-to- End Testing, Regression testing &User Acceptance testing (UAT)& Involved in Load Testing, Performance Testing & Stress Testing.
- Expertise in use of Quality Center, Test Director and JIRA for writing test cases, test execution, defect management, and defect tracking.
- Well Experience in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Experience of Quick Test Professional features like Descriptive programming, Regular expression, Exception handling, Object Repository & Checkpoint and recovery scenario manager.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing, JDBC and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI tool.
- Expertise in automating the software testing environment with open-source tools like Selenium IDE, and Firebug.
- Proficient in Database (Oracle, SQL Server) testing skills using advanced SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in SQL Queries in Backend Testing.
- Error Log files check, to know Process Status using UNIX.
- Experience in Client-Server, N-Tier, J2EE, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience with version control, configuration management and change control procedures using tools such as Rational Clear Case.
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, developers, technical support & amp; help them base line the requirement specifications.
- An effective communicator with strong analytical abilities combined with skills to plan, implement, & presentation of projects.
- Experience in creating efficient Test Plans, writing Test Cases and conducting extensive Manual & automated tests and knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure.
- Expertise in HP QC, Bugzilla, JIRA, Crash Tool, MPTA (Mobile Platform Traceability Analyzer) tools. Good command over Linux, ADB commands.
- Performed web services and web application testing with various tools like SOAPUI.
- Designed various test scenarios and developed test plans that support and enhance the functionality of SOTI Mobicontrol (MDM) for both android and windows devices.
- Served as a part of Test and Validation department working towards finding bugs and defects on devices running on Windows and Android Operating System.
- Participated in various requirements gathering for the clients across multiple platforms
- Built and executed various XML scripts for testing automation.
- Performed automation testing for web applications using Selenium.
- Expert level knowledge of MS SQL server 2014 and MYSQL databases.
- Experience in writing complex SQL Queries.
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation.
- Good understanding and experience in network protocols and networking technologies.
Operating System: Linux, Unix and Windows
Test tools: LoadRunner 9.0, QTP 9.0/10.0,Perfecto, Appium, SOAPUI,Selenium
Bug Tracking tools: Bugzilla, JIRA, Quality Center 9.0/10.0, HP QC, Crash Tool
Script: VBScript, Shell scripting, Java, Python,C++
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL,CSS
Database: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, FTP, HTTPS, Ethernet.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome.
Confidential, Tysons, VA
- Conducted automated CTS (Android Compatibility Test Suite) tests in ARM and x64 devices with the latest build
- Ran performance tests to track the and reporting of the bugs in JIRA.
- Working as a Validation Test Engineer in Platform integration/compatibility team.
- Attended daily standup to update the status and inform the impediments to scrum master.
- Perform automation feasibility study and identify the test cases to be automated.
- Prepare/flash the devices for automated compatibility testing and perform compatibility test in Linux environment.
- Worked in an Agile methodology with daily scrum calls.
- Was responsible for writing test cases in Python.
- Performed the testing of the application on various emulators in Android Studio and iphone.
- Performed Cloud based mobile application testing using Charles Proxy.
- Provided installation of product in validation planning
- Responsible for recording trace matrices and maintaining installation records.
- Performed various cross browser and cross platform test using Cross browser testing.
- Worked with Backup & Restore and Direct Key project for validation, network latency, testing Security applications.
- Worked on page object model, hybrid model, data driven models.
- Performed the UI test cases using Selenium in JAVA.
- Performed the webservices testing using SOAP UI.
- Used HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) as Test Management tool.
- Automation Scripts developed in hybrid and modular framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed compatibility testing using Selenium GRID for multiple browsers.
- Performed manual testing for content management applications.
- Performed automated acceptance tests written in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using cucumber.
- Performed Regression testing and generate Selenium automation report using TestNG framework.
- Develop automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Perform parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developed developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Performed Back-end testing of the application and validate Database integrity testing done by executing SQL statements..
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the JIRA for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Evaluated test results to determine adherence to requirements and conformance to established security controls and guidelines.
- Assist the Test Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics.
- Provide the Test Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Worked with Git, sourcetree for code management.
- Worked on Jenkins to trigger the automation runs during regression and daily for critical tests.
Environment: Android Studio, MPTA tool, JIRA, Vugen, Linux/Ubuntu, Selenium Web drive, IBM Rational Performance Tester, HP Performance Center, TestNG, Agile, Selenium (Web Driver and GRID), Hybrid Modular Framework, JIRA, Java.
Test Engineer / Analyst
- Worked as a Test engineer and project coordinator in various mobile apps development and E-commerce web development projects
- Utilized Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver to perform automated testing on iOS and Android devices.
- Improved customer experience via UI and functional testing on mobile devices
- Created and executed End to End Use Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed the functional testing and regression testing of the builds of the mobile application in android as well as iphone.
- Performed cloud-based testing using Perfecto.
- Interacted with SME’s in gathering the required documentation in creating the test plans and test cases. Was involved in the test-driven approach of the application
- Gathered requirements from Business Analysts and analyzed the requirements for testing prospective various business case validations.
- Used QTP checkpoints to automatically capture and verify properties such as the number of links
- Wrote complex queries for Database Validation and Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression testing on various builds of the application using QTP/UFT
- Worked with excel macros by running it from QTP/UFT and importing the results to QTP/UFT
- Used Custom Checkpoints, Data Driven, and Regular Expression in QTP/UFT
- Involved in Keyword Driven and Data Driven automation framework demonstrations to all the stakeholders using QTP/UFT
- Involved in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the end of the test phases with the requirements collected from the user
- Validated and verified that the application conforms to its specifications and correctly performs all its required functions. This involved a series of tests, which perform a feature-by-feature validation of behavior, using a wide range of normal and erroneous input data
- Used the OOPs concepts in generating the functional automation test scripts in JAVA.
- Performed the application validation including the validation of the logic in error scenarios.
- Worked on JIRA for defect tracking
- It also involved the testing of the application's user interface, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Oracle database, network latency, security and cross site testing.
- Responsible for writing and running the Manual Test Cases in Microsoft EXCEL and importing into the Quality Center
- Logged and tracked defects in HP Quality center.
- Participated in daily and weekly scrum meetings.
- Worked on Splunk to validate the logs of the events.
Environment: .NET, Java, XML, SQL Server, My-SQL, Manual and Database Testing, QTP, QC, Window XP, Client-server Application., RTC, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG
Mobile QA testing
- Hospital Information Management System (HIMS) for CARE Hospital is a user-friendly health care information system, which is extremely flexible and contains 8 modules, this automates each activity in a hospital. From patient registration, admission into the hospital, providing room, room allotting management, patient care management, blood bank inventory and management, pharmacy, operation schedule, payroll, financial accounting and finally billing for all. This is one of the modules in this project and it aims to computerize all the transactions in the stores, all the purchases from different vendors and in the stores mainly billing, items issues and requests are also maintained
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications and system requirements
- Preparation of Test Plans, Test Specifications and its execution
- Prepared pre-conditioned data for testing of the application
- Performed Manual Testing and Automated Testing using WinRunner
- Interacted with developers and discussed technical problems, reported bugs and supported development team
- Performed Database testing
- Executed Test Cases and verified actual results against expected results
- Responsible for reporting bugs to the corporate bug tracking system TestDirector and verified known bugs against new builds
- Tested a mobile application that was developed to integrate the functionality of localizing family members along with social networking features.
- Created and executed test cases for the application components (Registration, Push Messaging, Events, Places, Location Sharing).
- Performed exploratory testing including functional, compatibility and integration testing.
- Executed regression testing as defined by the project testing activities for every new build/release.
- Analyzed software failures, reported issues using Bugzilla, and performed bug verification testing.
- Performed compatibility testing using different mobile devices and Android Virtual Devices.
- Participated in project team meetings to discuss testing process, requirements, and assignments.
- Communicated with QA team members and developers to resolve testing issues.