- Software Professional with around 6 years of experience in the area of Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing Client/Server and Web based applications on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative process.
- Highly skilled in analyzing Requirements documents, Functional specification/Detail Design Documents and creating test cases, test scripts.
- Expertise in automation using Selenium WebDriver JAVA, & TestNG framework.
- Excellent skills in Core Java, EJB, JSP, Tag Libraries, Servlet, JDBC, Struts, RMI, XML.
- Designed and implemented Data Driven framework from scratch.
- Well versed with Handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team.
- Having good knowledge of build management tool Maven and continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Proficient in Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Database, Smoke, GUI, Backend, White Box, Black Box, User Acceptance testing of a given software application for different software releases, builds and patches.
- Experience in using various web/application servers WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in analyzing bugs and interacting with team members till the closure of the bugs.
- Tested web applications in Waterfall and Agile development processes.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Testing Tools: TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver/ GRID, QTP, JUNIT, TEST NG, Firebug, FirePath, Xpath, Maven, JSON, Jenkin, SVN, JXL
Build Tools: SVN, Git, Jenkins, Maven
Bug tracking: Jira, Bugzilla, Quality Center
Web Services: Soap, RESTFUL, WSDL, Soap UI
Other: Eclipse, IntelliJ, MS Office, MS Project, IBM Unica, Primavera
Database: Oracle 11g, MySQL, Teradata, SQL Server
Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX/Linux
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Software QA Consultant
- Designed and automated functional, integration, system and end-to-end test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG across system to ensure that changes or fixes do not impact other modules of the system.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Used Firebug and Fire path for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using.
- Agile-testing methodology.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Created the detailed test plan and test cases from the business requirements documents and meetings.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers in requirement analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
- Reviewed test assignments, developed test plans and executed test as assigned and coordinated with developers to fix the bugs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium and Cucumber framework. Also responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium Web Driver.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Security Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Managing all phases of testing for assigned components ensuring test plans and test cases are completed and met business requirements.
- Performing various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance, negative and installation testing.
- Participate in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Extensively tested the databases using SQL queries to validate and verify the consistency of test data with front end data.
- Used Quality center to store testing results, metrics, implemented Test Plan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Maintained testing documentation in Quality Center including reports on program areas covered, those not testable, and percentage of tests passed.
- Extensively used SOAPUI web service tool for testing several different web service.
- XML Schema assertions were used to validate the SOAP response.
- Experienced in testing web services using SOAPUI.
Environment: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/ GRID, Cucumber, SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, TestNG, HTML, Java, J2EE, Java Script, CSS, HP Quality Center, Agile Methodology, Rally, Web Services, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Software QA Consultant
- Involved in writing and executing detailed Test cases, Test plans and Test design documents.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium RC, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE) contributed in framework creation.
- Developed Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using a Hybrid Framework in Selenium RC.
- Implemented Modular Frame work for Selenium RC scripts using Java in Page Library model.
- Developed a Data Driven Framework using Selenium RC/IDE.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Selenium RC.
- Automated suitable test cases for Regression Testing using JUnit for back end automation.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes in HP Quality Center.
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run Selenium RC script in stable condition.
- Used Jira for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Quires of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
Environment: Selenium RC/IDE, Eclipse, Quality Center, Windows, Agile Methodology, SoapUI, Jira, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, Windows and UNIX.
- Analyzed System or Business requirements and identified the Test scenarios based on requirements and involved in preparation of Templates for Test cases.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases in concert with system engineers.
- Executed test plans in QA, Staging and Production environment, which mainly involves Sanity and End-to-End testing.
- Developed Test Scripts and Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Rational Test Manager.
- Involved in modifying files and creating Patch as per the client’s requirement.
- Tested the application manually prior to automation using QuickTest Pro tool for functional testing.
- Created, debugged and executed test scripts in VBScript for Regression Testing through Quick Test Pro.
- Extensively performed Black box testing.
- Developed Data-Driven scripts in Quickest Pro to test the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Worked on Migration Projects.
- Performed web services testing using XML’s as inputs.
- Performed Manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Responsible for delivering product builds, analyzing build results, modifying and optimizing build tools, and contributing to technical documentation.
- Prioritized problems based on the effect of the application on the end user.
- Developed Test Plan for functional and graphical user interface testing.
- Created test cases for manual testing of the application functionality.
- Used Regular Expression to fix the dynamic value problems using Quick Test Pro.
- Created test scripts for automated functionality and regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Performed manual and automated testing and used Quality Center to keep track of bugs and testing efforts.
- Analyzed software bugs, interacted with the developers on getting the problems fixed, verified and closed the bugs as they got resolved.
- Performed Backend testing and writing and executing SQL queries.
- Load and Performance testing done using LoadRunner by creating virtual users in Virtual user generator and running the different scenarios in the controller.
- Analyzed the Transaction results, Virtual user status results and intimated the same to the Administrator to enhance the system architecture.
- Participated in Go-Live, FPR and Normalization support.
- Supported with testing when there is production issues by doing Emergency Bug fix testing.
- Coordinated with Development and Business team for Defect resolution.
- Involved in preparation of Internal Audit Reports like CSP Report, Schedule Variance and Effort Variance reports, DPA reports, Traceability Matrix and Requirements mapping, issue logs, exit reports.
- Responsible for consolidation of Daily Defect Reports, Build Reports and Status mails.
Environment: Quality Center, RUP, QTP Frame Work, PL/SQL, Soap UI, TOAD, CITRIX, load Runner, Oracle 10g, Windows.