- Around 7 years of experience as QA Automation Engineering in different domain including e - commerce, Financial and Healthcare
- Experienced in Software testing (Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE and API Testing using RestAssured.
- Experienced in reviewing and analyzing business requirements / user stories, writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) and conduct functional testing
- Experienced in writing & executing Test Cases, reporting & tracking defect, preparing Test Report and build Test Automation suite using automation tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Experienced in performing different type of testing including Functional, Performance, System, Integration Scalability, User Interface, Compatibility and Regression testing of both Web Based App and Mobile App
- Hands on experience in various software development methodologies like Agile and Waterfall model
- Experienced in managing agile project by creating story/defect, assigning task & tracking defect using Version One & JIRA
- Extensively used HP ALM /QC (Quality Center) to write & execute Test Cases, and track Defect
- Developed automated scripts for Regression testing, debug and enhance the scripts, run scripts, wrote user-defined functions etc. using Java, Selenium WebDriver & TestNg
- Sound knowledge on Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Exception Handling)
- Experience in developing Automation framework in Java with selenium WebDriver for Web Application.
- Conducted Browser Compatibility testing (Cross Browser) & Device compatibility testing (Mobile App)
- Performed unit testing using Junit/TestNg.
- Expert in automation script development using different automation tools like Selenium WebDriver (Eclipse, Java, TestNg/JUnit)
- Experience in creating property files to store all the object locator (xPath/ name/ id/ CSS locator), file path, test site URL and use them in the Selenium Framework
- Experienced in developing test case in BDD environment using Gherkin language.
- Developed test automation framework for UAT testing using Cucumber, Java & Selenium WebDriver
- Experienced in using Version Control Tools like GIT, SVN & GitHub
- Experienced in designing customized framework using Page Object Model (POM) pattern in Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNg & apache POI
- Integrated Java/Selenium based Smoke Test Suite in Jenkins as a part of continuous deployment
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the relational databases
- Experienced in testing Mobile Application in Emulator/Simulator and Real Devices
- Wrote complex SQL query by joining multiple tables according business logic for data validation
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries
- Expertise on Testing REST API using SOAP UI and Postman tool
- Experienced in testing Web Service using SOAP-UI. Developed test suite & data driven framework using SOAP UI Pro for WebService validation
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills equally capable of working efficiently under pressure, manage multiple projects and cross train sub-ordinates in other Functional areas
Programming Languages: Java, HTML, XML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Firebug, TestNg, Junit, SOAP UI, PostMan
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, ALM, Version One, Jira
Application: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS-DOS
Application Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache
Database: MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, DB2
Platforms: Windows MAC, Linux/ Unix
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in Preparing Test Plan, Test cases and Test data from analyzing the requirements.
- Develop Test Plan, Test Methodology, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix.
- Design and execute quality Test Plans and Test Cases to verify Reliability, Accuracy and Compatibility of application.
- Interacting with business analysts and developers and participate in risk analysis & gap analysis based on the requirements.
- Developed API Testing Framework using Rest- Assured.
- Analyze business flow of the application as well as review business manuals and requirement document (BRD) in order to summarize system-specific business rules and other operating conditions.
- Actively working with all Agile Development and Scrum process throughout the entire project.
- Experienced in Using Version One to manage/analyze stories & project wall
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), coordinated and supported the end users during testing session.
- Extensively using ALM/ Quality Centre for production bug tracking and test reporting tool.
- Conducting different types of meetings and walkthroughs, discussed the outstanding defects, informed the QA manager with the update test status etc.
- Responsible for extensive testing of different modules of the web-based/Internet application and the whole testing life cycle for the various modules of this application.
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE/Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Designed & developed TestNG driven Page Object Model (POM) framework using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNg & apache POI.
- Created custom Xpath for identifying Dynamic Objects and use them in Selenium.
- Performed Functionality, GUI and Security Testing.
- Assist as needed during unit and integration testing.
- Involved in executing the SQL Queries for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non Duplication Testing.
- Writing SQL queries in order to obtain test reference data, detect data caching issues and ensure data consistency.
- Design and build automation framework for different web-based software products using Page Object Model (POM) Design Pattern to reduce code and for better maintenance.
- Implemented Object Oriented Concept like Polymorphism, Encapsulation to produce efficiency & scalability in automation Framework.
- Experience in creating property files to store all the object locator (xpath/ name/ id/ css locator), file path, test site URL and use them in the Selenium Framework.
- Conducted Device & browser compatibility testing for mobile optimized site both in Emulator/Simulator & Real devices
- Experienced in testing mobile application (iOS & android app) in real devices
- Experienced in developing test case in BDD environment using Gherkin language. Developed test automation framework for UAT testing using Cucumber, Java & Selenium WebDriver
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Methodology and Test Case, Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirement for System/Functional Test Specification.
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Provided technical guidance, when needed to other members of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering.
- Participate in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories in Version One.
- Created detailed periodic status reports for senior management to keep them posted on the progress of implementation.
- Attended periodic meetings, teleconferences and led discussions on problem resolution.
- Developed, executed test cases and identified defects, entered required information into ALM Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Experienced in different type of testing technique like Smoke, GUI, Functional, Regression, System, UAT, black box, end-to-end, and system testing.
- Product Management and Product support thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts( Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections)
- Converted existing Scripts to Selenium script to support multiple browsers using Java, Selenium WebDriver, and TestNg & Eclipse.
- Experienced in using different types of SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete to query & manipulate data.
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL statements on the Oracle Database using Oracle Developer.
- Developed Automation Engineering solutions for GUI and applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver, and Firebug/Fire path.
- Experienced in Testing REST API using Robot Framework and Postman tool.
- Design & develop TestNg based Data Driven framework for data validation using Apache POI, Java, Selenium Web Drive & TestNg.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Wrote SQL queries in order to obtain test reference data, detect data caching issues and ensure data consistency.
- Participated in design enhancement reviews and submitted status reports on the progress of the testing effort.
- Prepared Test Cases & Test Plans based on the functional specification documents.
- Interacted closely with the development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the application to design the test plans.
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports.
- Developed Test Plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix.
- Implemented SDLC, which included requirements, specifications, design, analysis and testing.
- Performed manual testing for the entire application.
- Analyzed business flow of the application and reviewed business manuals and requirement document (BRD) in order to summarize system-specific business rules and other operating conditions.
- Interacted with business analysts and developers in Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Involved in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing End-to-End, Black box and database testing.
- Used Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Extensively used Quality Centre as the bug tracking and reporting tool, reported and managed software defects using Quality Center (ALM) as well as interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Tested various mobile devices with a various platform (iOS, Android).
- Involved in executing the SQL Queries for Data Validation.
- Guided team to build industry best practices into QA Test processes and evaluated quality risk for product releases, changes, and fixes.
- Worked in Agile software development environment, and ensured the quality of the architecture of the Enterprise software applications
- Prepared documentation for assigned projects and followed software release procedures, requirements analysis using Quality Center for importing specifications and documents
- Developed structured test cases and test scripts to be executed manually by testers or automatically by test automation tools
- Constant improvement of our Test Automation and Continuous Integration practices
- Documented all defects found in Test Director/ HP Quality Center defect tracking system
- Designed & developed data driven framework to validate different user form using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Extensively used VB Script & Descriptive programming to develop Data Driven Framework in QTP
- Experience all types SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete records
- Developed test suite, test cases, execute test cases and generate report in soapUI
- Performed xml data validation using assertion method in soapUI
- Guided team to build industry best practices into QA Test processes and evaluated quality risk for product releases, changes, and fixes
- Prepared and delivered reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization
- Tracked and communicated project QA status to wide variety of team members internally and externally