- 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing in Web, Windows, Server - Client Applications and Databases/ETL in variety of Applications.
- Extensive experience with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Junit/TestNG, LoadRunner, QualityCenter, JMeter, JIRA, Rally, HPUFT / QTP and SOAPUI.
- Proven ability to work with Appium tool integrated with complex architecture to automate Mobile Applications and executing test cases for validating GUI and system functionality on desktops and mobile devices including Android and iOS.
- Hands on experience in Development of Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber, Mocha, Jasmine framework
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNg& Apache POI.
- Experience on working SOA, XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP, RESTFUL and used Testing Tools for Web Services like SOAPUI, API Testing
- Experienced in using Version Control Tools like SVN and GitHub.
- Experience in ANT, MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, UAT and regression testing
- Involved in reviewing Functional specs, user documentation and use cases and developing Manual Test Cases out of it.
- Have experience in Blackbox and Whitebox testing.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing frameworks using QTP integrated with QC (ALM).
- Involved in Data Warehouse Testing using ETL tools and Database Testing.
- Performance Testing on HPLoadRunner, JUnit.
- Experience in using various kinds of Defect Tracking tools like BugZilla, ClearQuest, Test Director/ Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server and JIRA.
- Involved in entire Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug Life Cycle from Inception, Transformation to Execution, which includes Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Good Understanding in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Expert in using SQL queries (Toad, SQL*Developer) and StoredProcedures for verifying the database integrity.
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing and Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for Manual and Automated Testing using MercuryInteractive tools.
- Proficient in writing and analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and UseCases, preparing Test Logs and Summary Reports.
- Good programming skills in Java, Ruby, VB Script, PowerShell Script, Python, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases
- Excellent interpersonal, team player and multi-tasking skills, participated in daily stand up meetings, status meeting and retrospective meetings in a distributed team environment.
Testing Tools & FramWork: Selenium 2 Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) 11, Cucumber, HP WinRunner, LoadRunner, Record & Playback, Extended Record & Playback, Load / Performance.
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG,TDD,BDD, RedWoodHQ framework
Mobile Cloud Tools: Saucelabs, Perfecto Mobile, Seetest
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational, ClearQuest, TFS, Service- Now.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Servers: WebLogic 10.3.3/10.3.2/10.3.1, IIS,5.0/6.0/7.0,WebSphere 8.0/7.0, JBoss 6/5/4, Apache Tomcat5.x/6
Protocols: TCP/IP Protocol suite(HTTP, FTP, SMTP, UDP, DHCP, SSL, DNS)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio, MS Visio
Testing Strategies: Integration, Unit, System, Black Box, White Box, UAT.
Databases: Oracle R12, MS Access, DB2, SQL Server 2008,2012
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX, Linux, iOS.
Confidential, Alameda, CA
Software Quality Engineer
- Develop Automation framework using Selenium, Java, Webdriver, TestNG, QMetry.
- Automation development using creational, structural and behavioral design patterns to provide highly scalable and maintainable framework.
- Preparation of the Test Strategy and guiding the team. Involvement in the System Test Plan Preparation and Requirements Streamlining.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Configured Selenium Gridto execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing, using Black Box Testing Techniques.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation project and developed Maven project object model (POM)
- Testing of data in Cassandra database using CQL queries to validate the data collected from smart electrical devices.
- Experienced with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and managed Docker deployments.
- Used Postman and SoapUI tools to test the RESTful web service and prevent any production issues.
- Worked on checking the various HTTP Response for REST API by using various methods with the help of Postman and Advanced Rest client and functional testing to verify the response.
- Used QTest Test Management tool to plan, manage, execute and broadcast test results.
- Discussion in sprint backlog grooming with product managers and other developers to define the acceptance criteria for the user stories in the sprint.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions.
- Verification of code logs to validate application information such as version update changes.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing. Test automation for web application.
- Created of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities.
- Co-ordinated with both onshore US team and offshore team in India, mentored, monitored and helped them understand the test scope, project requirements so they could to document effective Test Scenarios and Test Cases while providing feedback on daily basis.
Environment: JAVA, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Gird, Eclipse, Agile/Scrum, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA, SQL, CQL, Qtest, postman, SOAP UI, Web Services (SOAP & REST FUL), API, XPath, Eclipse IDE, HTML, XML, Maven, TestNG.
Confidential, NewOrleans, LA
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TDD methodologies, SDLC using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA& Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG).
- Used HP UFT with VBScripting for Window based applications.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS. Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Used iOS simulator (on xCode) to make sure the app works on all devices and there no UI issues.
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Performed ETL and Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries, for Data Profiling, Data validation, Source -2-Target Mapping and BI Report Testing.
- Tested application and filed defects using QualityCenter/ALM and TFS.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing. Test automation for web application using Cucumber
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Git.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAPUI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Experienced in writing parsing scripts using Python for xml validation and verification.
- Experience in creating performance test scripts and configuration of performance tests Using Performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Used Firebug to do web based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Responsible for planning, executing and managing the UI automation scripts written in AngularJS using Protractor Testing Framework.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
Environment:Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Maven, Jenkins, Firepath, POM, SQL, Appium Android /iOS, Oracle, Firebug, HTML, XML, XPath, Firebug, Quality Center/ALM, GitHub, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
QA Analyst/ MobileTester
- Responsible for periodic updating of Test Plans and Test Cases as per Requirement Specifications and Business rules.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver andImplemented Frame work using Java.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium Web Driver.
- Provided best practices in Automation testing in CodedUI.
- Workedon Cucumber forBDD with Ruby
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Junit and Ant.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using Junit and Selenium.
- Configured ANT builds scripts to run tests, develops reports and sends notifications using Jenkins.
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Experienced in working with Multiple Browsers and Cross Platform environments on different OS and Mobile Device.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and android devices
- Performed automated acceptance testing using Cucumber.
- Reported bug using Project Tracking tool JIRA
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN)
- Used HP Quality Center for viewing and analyzing test results and also for defect tracking and reporting which occurred during execution of test scripts and to test the Frond-End functionality of the Application.
- Developed automation test scripts for client -server and web based applications using Python, Silk and other automation tools.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Performed REST API testing by SoapUI
- Worked on POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment. Evaluated and interpreted POS requirements created by external vendors.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end SQL Server
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in Analysis, design, functional spec, and technical spec review.
- Reviewed test plan/use cases/test cases with QA Manager and product owner.
- Prepared detailed test plan for this feature.
- Created the test matrix and test scenarios by reviewing the functional spec.
- Prepared the test environment for both physical and virtual machines.
- Tested Installation of product on both physical and virtual machines.
- Automated Xerox application XSM (Xerox Services Manager) as per the client requirement using Visual Studio 2012 and C#.
- Generated automated scripts using C# and Visual Studio 2012.
- Performed System, integration, functional, and UAT.
- Using Visual Studio 2012 recorded and validated automated scripts for validation of UAT requirements.
- Recorded and played tests in IE using Visual Studio 2012.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to effectively manage the product life cycle.
- Developed test plan for Manual/Web testing Selenium, developed stress test procedures using LoadRunner
- Ongoing WPF application using c#.net.
- Worked on .NET security features such as Form-Based Authentication and Role-Based Authorization.
- Fix up defects that were raised while testing the tool.
- Used SQL server 2012, MYSQL for database testing, and acquired test data from databases.
- TFS-MTM (coded UI and exploratory testing) for automating tests for regression testing
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Experienced in acquiring Test data by running SQL queries.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI,redwoodhq, Maven, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Android, SQL Server, JMeter.Protractor.
Confidential, Beverly Hills, CA
- Developed reusable functions using shared repository in QTP
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP for functional, integration and regression testing.
- Defined types of tests and identified the objectives.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts and followed Agile development process.
- Defined test goals for sprints (Agile Process).
- Verified Process flow by writing and executing SQL queries and stored procedures using Oracle PL/SQL developer.
- Conducted functional, integration and regression testing of Web Services using Soap UI.
- Performed Database testing by writing and running SQL queries.
- Presenting the Test Reports and Status reports on a Weekly/Monthly basis to the Project Team and discussing the next release cycle.
- Developed LoadRunner script for Load and performance stress test.
- Interacted with the Developers and Business Analysts on a regular basis to resolve issues.
- Completely involved in test management in Quality Center.
- Involved in defect management and defect reporting.
- Coordinated testing activities with testing team members.
- Identified all major Defects prior to End to End Testing.
- Open defects and work closely with development of getting issues resolved in timely manner.
- Work on data preparation for different test scenarios including negative testing to provide accurate delivery of overall functionality of the product.
- Attended weekly Status Meetings and present QA status to the Manager.
- Ability to collaborate with testers, developers, project managers and other team members in testing complex projects.
- Participated in automation development review meetings.
Environment: QC, Junit, LoadRunner,QuickTest Pro, SQL, WebLogic, Windows, waterfall.
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
QTP Automation Engineer
- Studied the application and use-cases, analyzeduserrequirements of the application and prepared pre conditioned data for testing the application.
- Working experience in Waterfall methodologies.
- Developed test scripts and test cases using QTP, QualityCenter, and LoadRunner.
- Performed functional, regression, backward compatibility and database test cases for PT.
- Designed test cases for all the applications using MercuryQualityCenter.
- Designed automation test cases for PT using MQC.
- Generate QTPscripts for PT Applications by using VBScript.
- Used MQC for maintaining the Automated Test execution and Defect Management.
- Involved verification and validation of FIXmessages for different projects.
- Involved in Sanity Testing, regression and functional automation test scripts using QTP.
- Performed and Preparing of Test data to test various input files formats using XML and Excel.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpointswhere needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Involved in bug grab meetings to discussed bug issues.
- Verificationand Validation of various different applications of database and GUI by using QTP.
- Attended QA Walk through meetings with Team Members this includes Applications Review, technical specifications review, functional specifications review and defects tracking.
- Generated test execution/defects report from QualityCenter and participated in weekly/daily test execution status review meetings.
- Gathered, analyzed, business requirements, user profile, created workflow processes documentation & charts.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Waterfall methodology.
- Involved in Testing of the various results generated by the reports against the data present in the database tables and used UAT on that data involving the users
- Extensive used of SQL and DB2 to extract data from the database
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Developed and Implemented Test suites, which include features like Data Driven Framework for automated scripts using QTP
- Managed Bug Details using Bugzilla and reporting details to development team for follow up
- Defects were logged and reported using HP's Quality Center
- Experienced with validation testing in web-based environments (Java/Selenium frameworks) and Services Based Environment (SOAP UI)
- Conducted Gap Analysis for each of the review documents concerning the respective feeds in backend interface.
- Designed and documented test cases derived from requirements.
- Manually verified the applications according to the requirements. Modified automation scripts as test case changes.
- Updated QA status report and application database for management reporting purpose.
- Created error/ defect reports and communicated with developers, scripter and application owners for application defect tracking & resolution.
- Performed functional, regression, smoke, and end-end testing.
- Generated automated scripts using QTP and documented them. Created and maintained functional & regression test suites.
- Played a key role in script enhancement process to streamline the regression testing process and to achieve continuous automatic test run.
Environment: UAT, QA, HTML, CSS. Quality Centre, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL,Team Foundation Server, Bugzilla