- Around 5+ Years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC). And QA methodologies including Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure appropriate Quality Control.
- Experience in preparing Test plan, Test cases, Traceability matrix, Test documentation and reports.
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools: SOAP Scope, SOAP UI, IBM RIT (GreenHat (GH) Tester), Clear Quest and Quality Center HP ALM11, CALT.
- Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual Test cases and Test Scripts created in Selenium Webdriver with Test NG and Junit frameworks.
- Extensively Used Mercury Quality Center and JIRA to create Test cases and report Bugs in Defect Module.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Using Spring Framework written Java Coding for API Testing using Post. Performed Java Web Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Worked with Unix/shell scripting for caching data from Oracle database to MySQL database.
- Using JMeter performed Unit Level Validation like special characters, uniqueness, invalid input, specified data range, boundary values for account creation.
- Experienced in Writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA for highly transactional E - commerce websites.
- Extensive knowledge on Cucumber and able to create feature file using Gherkin.
- Backend testing using SQL Queries. Involved in creating the Scenarios for single and multi-user test. Expertise in Data driven testing, Back-End testing.
- Systematic Understanding of Unix/Linux/Windows Environment.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt any new environment and work on any projects independently when needed.
- Mentored new team members for knowing the process and leading them in various situations to meet the deliverables on time. Zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/Grid/IDE, JMeter
Languages/Frameworks: JAVA, Selenium WebDriver API, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, SQL, Cucumber, Gherkin, HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML
Test Management Tools: Quality Center/ALM
RDBMS: Oracle, MySQL
C I Tools: Jenkins, Sauce labs
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX
Versioning Systems: CVS, SVN, GitHub
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Selenium Test Engineer
- Extensively involved in analyzing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed Data Driven Test scripts as well as running these scripts for Message processing, Registration, and Reports testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Created the JUnit test cases for the different web applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re-usable functions across the application.
- Used JUnit Test to automate functional and regression testing across integrated environments.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Git, TDD, Agile, Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
- Analyzed business requirements and participated in design reviews.
- Reviewed the Functional Requirement Documents, Test areas and the Functional Specifications of the application.
- Reviewed the project documents like Project Definition Document (PDD), Software Architecture Document (SAD), batch specification documents.
- Developed test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss testing issues.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver as part of regression testing of the various releases of the application and updated the script as part of maintenance.
- Extensively used Selenium API and WebDriver to test the web applications.
- Responsible for creating Functions, Test Data and Test Suite.
- Responsible for creation and execution of Selenium test scripts on different browsers.
- Experienced in functional testing using Selenium IDE and WebDriver using JUnit testing framework.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using WebDriver.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Used Quality center to log, track and close defects as and when developers provided fix.
- Performed database verifications using SQL queries to validate test data.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, GUI testing, Database Testing, Data Driven and UAT.
Environment: Selenium RC/WebDriver, Eclipse, JUnit, SOAPUI, Java, XML, Quality Center, Windows.
Jr. Testing specialist
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specifications.
- Prepared Test Data based on requirement document of the application.
- Involved in preparing detailed Test Plans and executed the Test Cases.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure the progress on a regular basis.
- Worked with the test executive team, the project management deliverables for the test component of the project activity.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application by entering positive and negative values to the application and updated test case document with results.
- Involved in Sanity Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Database Testing.
- Created SQL queries to verify the data from database.
- Coordinated with the user to execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Defects were tracked and prioritized using Quality Center and analyzed the variation between expected and actual results.
- Involved in business meetings with developers and other testers.
- Performed analysis on existing code base to validate against business requirements, coding guidelines.
- Responsible for performing static and dynamic analysis of the software module.
- Responsible for generating test reports, defect tracking.
- Responsible for recommending necessary changes and modifications to program developers.
- Implemented procedures to improve productivity and quality.
- Conducted training programs and mentored team members for an observed increase in performance
- Performed Test Case reviews and monitored Test Execution.
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings and discussions.
- Generated Bug reports and participated in Defects Meeting.
Environment: Java, Oracle, HP Quality Center, SQL, Windows, MS Office.