- Over 8+ years of extensive expertise in Software Testing (Manual and Automation), Software Analysis, Design, and Development of Client Server and Web Applications.
- Worked in industries like Banking, Insurance, Medical, Telecom and Finance.
- Experienced in automated tests in Java using Selenium, utilizing IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Knowledgeable with test automation tools such as TESTNG and Jenkins
- Use of software engineering tools (such as Github, Jira, Jenkins etc)
- Expertised using automation testing tools such as Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Planned, Designed, Built and Maintained Complex Test Automation Frameworks (Data - Driven, keyword -Driven, Hybrid)
- Worked on HP Quality Center for bug life cycle and fixing in testing cycle.
- Expertised in functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, System testing, black box testing, GUI testing, Sanity testing, Ad-hoc testing, usability testing, back-end testing, browser compatibility testing, and load/ performance testing, Component Testing, API testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) across varied domains and operating systems.
- Expertised with Waterfall, V-Model and Agile SDLC processes.
- Experienced in Backend Testing and in Executing SQL commands.
- Validated the XML with SOAP and tested RESTful API (POST, PUT,GET)
- Extensive knowledge in gathering and understanding BRDs (Business Requirements Document), FRDs (Functional Requirements Document), SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and Used cases.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Solaris systems, both navigation within and use of visual editor.
- Expertise in Problem Solving and Defect Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools like Team Track & Bugzilla, JIRA
- Working knowledge of UNIX, RDBMS and SQL queries
- Expertise in testing the browser compatibility for the web applications in Firefox/Netscape/Safari /Chrome browsers.
- Expertise in writing Test Cases, Executing Test Cases and Reporting Bugs in terms of Critical / Major / Minor defect classifications
- A highly motivated, energetic individual and a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team situation with positive results.
Testing Tools: Selenium (JAVA): IDE / Web Driver, QTP/UFT, QC/ALM, UAT, JMeter, Soap UI, TFS
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/ME/NT, UNIX (Sun Solaris), DOS, MAC OS X
Languages: C, UNIX Shell, JAVA, Node JS, C#, .Net
Database: Oracle, MS Access, MySQL, SQL
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
Methodologies: Waterfall model, Agile (XP), Agile Scrum / Kanban
Protocols: FTP, HTTP, DHCP, PPPOE, TCP/IP
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, NORFOLK, VA
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis; interacted with business in analyzing the requirements.
- Worked on Developing, executing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases Documents in Quality Center based on business requirements.
- Involved in designing the QTP scripts using Manual Test Cases
- Created and executed the test cases for various scenarios, and participated actively in system, integration, performance and regression testing for every new build released.
- Used Quality Center to develop test cases, and executed them in test lab.
- Responsible to design, develop and test the software (Informatica, PL SQL, UNIX shell scripts) to maintain the data marts (Load data, Analyze using OLAP tools).
- Created the UAT Test Plan by entering high-level requirements from the Statement of Need and Functional documents, as well as identified test scenarios, into the UAT Test document.
- Experience in Signs off on the SIT Test Plan and SIT Test Requirements and Cases documents.
- Entered the defects into Quality Center and manages the resolution and documentation of these defects.
- Performed Development Integration, System Integration, End to End and User Acceptance Testing for the data services.
- Experience in volume testing to verify the system load process using Load Runner.
- Performed Positive & Negative Testing for system validations.
- Involved in application security testing for securing the application with authentication & authorization.
- Creating test case and test sets, tracing them to requirements and executing them in ALM.
- Involved in Database testing by writing & executing SQL queries to validate that data population.
- Analyze all Report Bugs for continuous process improvement and keep tracking on the SDLC critical path.
- Reported defects using Quality Center Verified fixes and closed bugs during regression testing.
- Performed the web testing of the application for browser dependency.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome
- Initiated and participated in conference calls, walk through and review meetings.
Environment: QTP 10.0, Load Runner 9.0, Quality Center 10, VBScript, DB2, Unix, Shell Scripting, Pearl scripting, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, MSWord, MS Excel, Windows XP, PL/SQL Developer.
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Develop automated test scripts, reusable components and functions using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA
- Execute / Dry run of the test script against any environment as part of test execution
- Setting up test data required for script execution using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, SQL
- Reporting of functional and development issues in internal system and tracking of the issues
- Support Defect Management, Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting activities using HP ALM / QC
- Involved in writing and analyzing test scenarios for API and Functional Requirements of the Application
- Worked in an Agile environment including hands-on experience with gathering and writing user stories
- Developed and Executed detailed and maintainable Test cases and Test Scripts
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver
- Automated graphical and functional web interface using testing of the application using Selenium driver (Java)
- Automates Smoke and Regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java
- Created Traceability matrix to map the defects with test cases and test cases to the requirement
- Built a new Selenium test framework for teams to maintain automation cases
- Automation Framework: Page Object Model, with separation external data files, reusable functions and classes
- Proficient in writing Selenium Web Driver automation scripts in Java using Maven, Cucumber, and TestNG Automation Testing for Web Applications
- Used quality center to design and formulate the test plan, test cases, test procedures based on requirements
- Used Quality Center to assign defects to the developer and took the responsibility to get them to closed status after working with developers and identifying the actual problem
- Performed web REST API testing using SoapUI and Postman
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method) -SOAP and Restful (JSON) in
- Project based on Agile/Scrum methodology. Participated in daily Scrum meetings
- Maintained and executed API regression suit and reported results
- Debugged old regression suit and made it to run in the new API framework
- Created jmx file and performed API performance testing using JMeter
- Produced status reports related to the performance testing process, including test results and defect tracking
- Analyzed business requirements by interacting with end-users and developers.
- Involved in writing test plans, which detailed the testing scope, strategy and test requirements.
- Involved in all stages of testing the Auto and Home insurance applications
- Developed test cases for the creation of Quotes, Applications, and Endorsements based on state specifics
- Documented Test Cases corresponding to business rules and other operating condition.
- Used Quality Center extensively for creating test cases, validating Premiums, Underwriting Flags, Code, Decodes etc.
- Performed Functional, System Integration, Regression, and User acceptance testing on applications.
- Involved in Production Testing UAT
- Performed Web Services Testing using SoapUI and Postman
- Used Selenium and Java to automate the regression suite. Able to create hybrid framework from scratch.
- Experienced in Selenese and JAVA via Eclipse IDE to create end to end automation test scenarios.
- Used Maven and Jenkins for Management and running test multiple environments.
- Validated the Web Services (SOAP), both Request and Response messages.
- Performed back-end testing by executing SQL queries against the Database.
- Wrote SQL statements for the generation of data for the execution of test cases.
- Collected and documented test data (such as Policy number, Agent code, Claim number) for functional testing as documented in test plan.
- Conducting Data driven testing, cross browser testing and parallel test execution using selenium
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Quality Center.
- Written and executed the Shell and Perl scripts for validate the requirements.
- Used ClearCase to manage requirements and Use cases preventing defects prior to heavy deployment.
- Managed the process of identifying issues during test passes and discussed/escalated the issues with the management, as appropriate
- Presented daily and weekly status report updates to Team Lead, Test Group and Managers.
- Implement QA process for PeopleSoft Projects and successfully executed the test plan/strategy with no pending issues to production
- Involved in project review meetings and discussed issues, status for tracking the progress with project teams.
Environment: Quality Center, PeopleSoft, Java, J2EE, Unix, Oracle 11g, Toad, Shell Script, ClearCase, VB, HTML, Windows XP. SoapUI, Postman.
Automation QA Engineer
- Analyzed the Business, Functional Requirements and Streamlined the Testing Activities
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications.
- Working closely with Business Analysts on ambiguities in the FRDs.
- Responsible for writing the Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Requirements and Use Case documents and documenting them in HP Quality Center & Excel.
- Extensively involved in Manual/Functional Testing of the Web Based Applications
- Extensively tested Functionality of the Web Based applications, and UI Screens.
- Created and executed test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Handled Defect life cycle process independently and handled issues by interacting closely with Business Analysts, Developers, Performance Testers, end users and other members of the Team.
- Performed all phases of End-to-End testing which includes Functional, Regression, GUI, System and Smoke testing of the application and its interfaces Client-Server Utilities Prepared detailed Test Plan and Test Cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements
- Performed data integrity and data validation by writing SQL queries in TOAD for RDBMS Oracle.
- Tested various menus, options and utilities and Executed VB Scripts developed in QTP.
- Defect detection, reporting and tracking was done using rational clear quest.
- Tested Functional Requirements manually to check the website performance.
- Written functional test Conditions and test cases in ALM 11.0 Quality Centre
- Exported Test Requirements and Test Cases from MS Word and MS Excel to Quality Center.
Environment: Windows 7, Oracle11g, MS Access, VB, SQL, TOAD, RTM, QTP, Clear Quest, Rational Requisite pro, MS Office, Quality Center, Agile.