- 7+years of experience in Financial, Insurance, Health and Logistics projects and environments in all phases of Web based and Client/Server applications in Release management.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code to different environments
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, SVN,Bitbucket,CVS, IBMClear case and Perforce.
- Extensive experience using GRADLE, MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, RDS, Redshift.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, LAMBDA, Cloud Formation, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups
- Experience in deploying the code trough web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Experience in using JFROG and Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for builds. Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration to automate all builds and deployments.
- Ability in development and execution of BASH, Shell Scripts, Groovy and Perl Scripts. Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Experience maintaining large deployments using Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, HPQuality Centre and IBM Clear Quest.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Developed and Modified Chef Cookbooks as Light Weight Resources Provider(LWRP)
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
- Highly skilled to manage source code and maintain Distributed Version Control System (GIT) as well as Centralized VCS such as SVN including experiences with branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments.
- Expertise in deploying applications in Web Servers and DB Servers using Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Experience working on docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience with Dockercontainers, Kubernetes, and related technologies
- Professional experience with install, configure and administration of VMwarevSphereESX-i. Experience in creating Baselines and managing patches using VMware Update Manager - VUM.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, MAC OS X, Windows
SCM TOOLS: SVN, GIT, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
CI & CD TOOLS: Jenkins,Bamboo.
CM TOOLS: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
DATABASES: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB
REPORTING TOOLS: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail
SCRIPTING LANGUAGES: KSH, CSH, Bash, Python, Groovy, Ruby, PHP
APPLICATION SERVERS: Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx.
CONTAINERIZATION: Kubernetes, Docker.
CLOUD PLATFORMS: AWS, AZURE, OPENSTACK
AWS: Cloud-Front, ELB, ALB, EC2, Elastic-cache, RDS, EFS, S3, ASGCode-deploy,Cloud-Formation
AZURE: Azure Application Gateway, Traffic Manager, Instances, VPN, Virtual Network, Terraform
NETWORKING PROTOCOLS: Layer 2 (ARP, VLAN), Layer 3 (IPV4, IPV6, IGMP, Ipsec, PIM, RIPV1/2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), Layer 4(TCP, UDP, SCTP, RTP), Layer 7 (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet, SSH, SSL).
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, LAMBDA, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups. Also created groups, assigning roles and permissions using IAM service.
- Created Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience in working with AWS CodePipeline and Creating Cloud formation JSON templates which is converted to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, RDS, Redshift.
- Worked with major cluster Orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Experience in installing and configuring Pivotal Cloud Foundry environments ( PCF ) .Setup Cloud Foundry for deploying, running, and scaling applications/products
- Experienced on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file and Docker-Compose files.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Worked on Docker container to create Docker images for different environments.
- Developed and Automated the tests to validate the correctness of the Servers Configuration, expressed in YAML code and used GIT to update the Playbooks to GIT repository.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds, promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and GIT.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems (Python) for administering GIT. By using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Experience in using builds tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers , Jenkins nodes , creating required scripts ( Perl & Python ), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Deployed JAVA applications on Tomcat Application servers. Created local, virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory and integrated with Jenkins.
- Configured Sonar and integrated with Jenkins for code analysis process.Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible, and also Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks .
- Implemented Ansible Playbooks for various Linux roles like Nginx, Redis & common Linux services like apt, yum, syslog, snmp etc.
- Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.Involved in support and upgrade of Ansible from 1.x into the 2.x version on serversUsed Ansible to Orchestrate software updates and verify functionality.
- Experience with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments.
- Used infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Ansible Installed and configured basic High Availability Web Platforms using Terraform
- Working with DevOps team on areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for Ubuntu using Cloud-Formation and Chef on Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implementing Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM
- Experience in setting up the chef repo, chef work stations and chef nodes
- Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef
- Strengthened security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation(NAT) in company's network.
- Networking communication knowledge and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Cloud watch monitoring of EC2 instances on CPU utilization, disk space and custom metrics and provided alerts to developers and Nagios Monitoring for on-site hosts and servers.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical *processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: AWS EC2, Docker, Jenkins CI, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Container Service, Terraform, GIT,Chef, Gradle, Jfrog Artifactory, Sonar Qube,Kubernetes, Maven, Bash, HTML, Web forms, Java
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Devops/Cloud Automation Engineer
- Hands on experience with Jenkins - CI/CD concepts, jobs, builds, pipelines, triggering, KPIs/ metrics, SCM, testing, notifiers, distributed builds, plugins, Rest API, artifacts, configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. CD best practices like distributed builds, containerization, traceability, high availability and auto repository builds.
- Chef experience with workflow, infrastructure automation, cookbooks, installation, DK tools, test kitchen, troubleshooting, cookbook development and deployment, extending Ohai, knife plugins and Chef API
- Manage development and test infrastructure evolving Jenkins on branch management based on version control and build retention
- Experience workingon Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure Cli , Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Experienced in Azure IaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server … Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell , Cloud infrastructure.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract and verify data needed for testing functionalities. Developed and implemented test plans and test cases using the design documentation and functional specifications provided by the business analysts.
- Setting up Azure SQL as PaaS and provide service and performed required backup for production data and files with efficient procedures and setting up required encryption in server level to meet PCI compliance. Deployed web applications over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure, using VS and PowerShell.
- Experience in designing and implementing Cloud Automation and orchestration framework in private/public cloud environments involving AWS APIs, OpenStack, VMWare, Chef, Puppet, Python , Ruby, Azure APIs and Workflow Engine
- Increased software development flexibility by creating a completely virtualized software build environment and improved Security with enhanced auditing and monitoring (IDS, logs) to mitigate the risk of handling sensitive source code.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ , ActiveMQ, etc. Also experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra , MongoDB , Splunk , ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web/Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic and Resource Manager and troubleshooting issues on Azure VMs.
- Secure user access by implementing IAM users, Groups, roles. Providing users to access using shared access, Granular permissions, secure access, MFA, password policy of SDLC environments.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual Networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint Security , firewall , Windows Azure name resolution, Scheduler, Automation and Traffic Manager.
- Work experience in Azure App & Cloud Services, PaaS, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Power BI, Azure Blob Storage, Web API, VM creation, ARM Templates, PowerShell scripts, IaaS, Lift & Shift, Storage and database.
- Experience in using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes. Experience in using Azure Functions to integrate applications and run backend processes according to schedules without provisioning/managing servers.
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Azure Container Service, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the Azure Container baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful Azure Nodes to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
Environment: GIT, Python, Shell scripts, PowerShell, Jira, Shell scripts, AWS,AZURE, Jenkins, Ansible, PMD, Chef, Docker, Puppet, Splunk, Cassandra, NoSQL
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Chef Serverand workstationbootstrapped the nodes using Knife . Also wrote Chef Cookbooks,Recipes to manage server configurations.
- Integrated chefcookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework and created roles, environments using chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Implemented ChefRecipes for deploying build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same ChefRecipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and are able to quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), auto-scaling architectures.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Designed VNets and subscriptions to confirm to Azure Network Limits. Exposed Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer.
- Used BITBUCKET,GIT,SVN as the source code management tool.Used MAVEN to automate the build process.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Automated cookbook testing using Jenkins .Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tom-cat application server for deploying the artifacts.Securing Linux servers by hardening the OS using IP-tables, SE-Linux and RK-Hunter.
- Worked with the hardware vendors and application team for the faulty replacement and planning the downtimes accordingly if required.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Worked on Deployment Automation of all microservices to pull image from private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster .
- Experience in Kubernetes orchestration for Docker Containers which handles scheduling and manages workloads based on user-defined parameters.
- Developed UNIX for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA and Project Management teams.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets , Azure network settings , DHCP address blocks, DNS settings , security policies and routing.
- Used Shell to automate build and deployment Process.Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services .Implemented and managed Splunk monitoring and reporting infrastructure
Environment: GIT, Maven, Nexus, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, Jira, Shell scripts, AWS,AZURE, Jenkins, Ansible, Cobertura, PMD, Remedy, Findbugs, Checkstyle
Confidential, San Jose, CA
DevOps Automation / Cloud Engineer
- Managed Source code using SVN/GIT and used the concepts of branching, merging and tagging for release management
- Coordinate Releases from Dev to Production. Communicating with Developers, Testers, Managers, UNIX, Network teams and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuration and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Implemented continuous integration and build tools using Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet full automation.
- Configured and managed a network of Linux and Windows servers.
- Maintained file systems: Checking and repairing file systems and monitoring file system usage.
- Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script, Maven and Ant.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management for existing infrastructure.
- Installed PuppetMaster(Enterprise), Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create user, group accounts.
- Managed Puppet agent on Live Management using m collective.
- Designed and implemented automated server build management, deployment using Puppet.
- Installed PuppetMaster, Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create user, group accounts.
- Lead the rewrite of a massive Puppet code base to make modules composable and testable, and to facilitate the migration from Ubuntu to CentOS
- Integrated Docker with puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Refactored puppet manifests to reflect best practices. Wrote Puppet modules for:
- Managing various environments for building packages.
- Installing and managing Java versions.
- Upgrading the linux kernel.
- Managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Servers configure management via Puppet and System orchestration via Ansible.
- Used Ruby to create various templates in different Puppet modules.
- Developed build scripts using ANT as the build tool for the creation of (WAR files) build artifacts.
Environment: RHEL, Ubuntu, Jenkins, chef, puppet, ANT, java, TCP server, JVM.
Linux System Administrator
- Organized and managed activities for building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment.
- Assisted developers with development issues related to CM tool usage. Performed daily/weekly software builds and releases. Managed/tracked multiple configurations of a system.
- Created Bash, shell scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Designed & Implemented System Security administration policies. Systems security administration policies included: User ID/Group ID management, Password policies, password aging.
- Experience with My SQL, Linux/Unix, Windows NT, WAS, MS-IIS, Flash.
- Install Shields/Creating Linux RPMs.Built, configured and support Application team environments.
- Analyzed Application/Server performance issues, finding the root cause for the issue and correlating them with the system capacity/resource issues.
- OS upgrades, Maintenance level updates, System re-built, Server de-commissioning, LVM-FS modifications, Increase/decrease/remove VG/FS with new disk on co-ordination with SAN team through maintenance window and un-scheduled outages in case of emergency.
- Experience in the support of fundamental technologies such as DNS, SSH, SFTP and FTP, TCP/IP, Samba.Experience with the mutual authentication (SSL) setup between two applications.
- NFS and Auto mounting of File systems across many servers, Adding extra Disk space when file systems are full.
- Hands on working experience in administering Citrix Netscaler V.9.x.Created Virtual servers, Service Groups, Responder Policies, Application Firewall Rules, Content Switching based Virtual Servers, Certificate Management on Citrix NetScaler Load Balancer.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Solving server problem with rescue mode recover file system corrupt form console. Solaris,RHEL, Volume Manager (VxVm), VMware.
Environment: Linux, UNIX, Windows, RPMs, WAS, MS-IIS, Flash, My SQL, VMware